Page 6 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Jean sure does look good there, makes me wish that Churchill could have drawn the other X-ladies as well as Jean and if/when Logan dies just have he and Jean come back together and have Jean be in charge and the Xavier to Scott's Magneto with Logan/Jean together...

I want jean to come back, and be by herself. NO LOGAN, NO SCOTT. She doesn't need anyone to make her a good character. She should take over the JGS, it would be cool to see jean, storm, and Rachel run the school.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    I want jean to come back, and be by herself. NO LOGAN, NO SCOTT. She doesn't need anyone to make her a good character. She should take over the JGS, it would be cool to see jean, storm, and Rachel run the school.
    I actually like that idea. Jean Grey becoming headmistress of a school named after her...something about that puts a smile on my face.

Sadly, I think that's one of those ideas that would just make too much sense right now. As I said before, adult Jean is going to stay dead until the story with the time displaced X-men concludes and that may be a while. Now some have questioned the merits of telling the story of O5 Jean rather than adult Jean. I can see their point of view, but I suspect that the reason Marvel is going this route is because they don't want to tell more stories about Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force. I also suspect they don't want to go through the same emotional roller coaster with her, Cyclops, Emma Frost, and Wolverine. I completely get that. We've seen so many of those stories before and we don't need to pile onto them. Having a time displaced Jean Grey allows them to basically start fresh without rebooting or retconning anything. They can focus more on Jean Grey the person and not all the complications surrounding Jean Grey. What I really like about All New X-men is that it shows Jean Grey in a painfully human and painfully immature way. I think that has been refreshing and it has made for some of the best Jean Grey moments in over a decade. I still want to see an adult Jean Grey return at some point, but for now I'm okay with more stories featuring a teenage Jean Grey.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I actually like that idea. Jean Grey becoming headmistress of a school named after her...something about that puts a smile on my face.

Sadly, I think that's one of those ideas that would just make too much sense right now. As I said before, adult Jean is going to stay dead until the story with the time displaced X-men concludes and that may be a while. Now some have questioned the merits of telling the story of O5 Jean rather than adult Jean. I can see their point of view, but I suspect that the reason Marvel is going this route is because they don't want to tell more stories about Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force. I also suspect they don't want to go through the same emotional roller coaster with her, Cyclops, Emma Frost, and Wolverine. I completely get that. We've seen so many of those stories before and we don't need to pile onto them. Having a time displaced Jean Grey allows them to basically start fresh without rebooting or retconning anything. They can focus more on Jean Grey the person and not all the complications surrounding Jean Grey. What I really like about All New X-men is that it shows Jean Grey in a painfully human and painfully immature way. I think that has been refreshing and it has made for some of the best Jean Grey moments in over a decade. I still want to see an adult Jean Grey return at some point, but for now I'm okay with more stories featuring a teenage Jean Grey.
    Good points.
    I would like to see them scale back on the overpowering of Jean at this point. It is already too much (IMO) and it is making me dislike her as it feels they (Bendy) are trying too hard. I personally feel the old Jean Grey ship has sailed and I would not necessarily want her to come back any longer, I do not see a relevance in the character. She was almost always part of a whole with Cyclops and he has moved on. I would not be against NuJean having her young body being ripped apart by these overpowered abilities though and the only "shell" that could hold it would be the previous body...and enough of her skill burns out in the energy transfer so she is at a level where a threat could actually matter. It could even be a blending of the old Jean shell and NuJean energy having a blended memory event where the NuJean gains some emotional maturity and experiences but not the full-monty of events.
    I could actually almost see this happening with all of the characters at the end of the ANXM run. Not that they go back in time, but that they are absorbed by their current day counterparts and their memories merge as they became "hard light constructs" (like Shard was), but their actual physical forms were truly returned in the attempt during BOA and they are now slowly burning out. It would help alleviate any of the changing past stuff that would have to happen.

Need this one on record as it's one of my favorites.

Finally found the new appreciation thread!

Some thoughts on ANXM 26:

Though I don't prefer Jean to be tutored by Emma, I must admit it should make for some interesting comics.

Also loved seeing Mama cat Kitty Pryde being protective over young jean.

Although I loved the conversation between jean and cyclops, I do have a slight concern that bendis will make romance one of the main ongoing themes with jean. He hasn't done this so far, which I'm happy about. And I'm not saying this scene in ANXM 26 crossed a line. I'm just saying I hope her romance stuff isn't her primary development in future issues either.

Still loving teen jean so far though

BANNED

Loved post Phoenix, after marriage Jean. She was happy, strong, and they didnt have her nearly throwing it on Logan in every other issue. She was finally becoming Jean.
    To me, the writer's really got around to giving her a distinct voice once her and Cyclops got married and the life-long subplot there was resolved. I was sad they brought her back to the Phoenix level in M's run and she fell back into the same tropes as pre-marriage Jean. She was great being powerful but not omnipotent. Loved the silent issue when she was going into Xavier's mind and she was pulling her hair back with an "I got this" boss face.
    NUJean already hitting these power points is wearing thin to me. They can't (or shouldn't ) use the Phoenix so soon so they create a new powerset as a "mutant pure" that makes her as, if not more, powerful than the Phoenix.

Oh man I leave for a few days and everything starts over. Glad you guys are still here. Can't wait to see if the future brotherhood are surprised by Jean's new power.

I think Jean's new power is exactly what poor Xorna Jean suffered from.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I think Jean's new power is exactly what poor Xorna Jean suffered from.
    That is the most likely scenario.

I've said it before but I'll say it again... 616 Jean's fate is far preferable to Xorna Jean's fate. Yeah, Maddie and the sun-eating and Xorneto incidents included. I wish Jeen could see that. And, naturally, the Phoenix and White Hot Room are the easiest routes to resurrection.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I've said it before but I'll say it again... 616 Jean's fate is far preferable to Xorna Jean's fate. Yeah, Maddie and the sun-eating and Xorneto incidents included. I wish Jeen could see that. And, naturally, the Phoenix and White Hot Room are the easiest routes to resurrection.
    Remember that the O5 are technically trapped at the moment and cannot go back. They even tried. Thus its not like Jeen is choosing Xorna over 616 or something. As 26 and some previous issues have stated, shes in a position now where she keeps seeing herself as doomed. What she wants more than anything is to avoid both of those fates.

It is a lot to deal with. Trying to avoid what happened to adult Jean was how Xorna was born. Jean giving in to those urges of using her powers to control the world around her. Though i like the action I do love the character moments as well.

Do you guys think what Jean saw in Xorna's head was real or did Xorna only let Jean see what she wanted her to see?

Since Uatu The Watcher came to adult Beast and told him how his actions screwed everything up including Jean, I imagine what Jean saw in Xorna's head wasn't inaccurate. Xorna was dead set on sending the 05 back and openly hated what had become of her life. While Jean may still be at risk going down the same path I think everyone, including Xorna, had hope she can still turn it around.