Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bendis was as well
    True, he did use her in Jessica J.
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bendis was as well
    I know he is hated but i think Bendis was a blessing for Jean. He brought the teen O5 (they have to go though) and showed that Jean still had potential as a character. I don't think Adult Jean would have been resurrected without teen jean, and teen jean wouldn't exist without bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I know he is hated but i think Bendis was a blessing for Jean. He brought the teen O5 (they have to go though) and showed that Jean still had potential as a character. I don't think Adult Jean would have been resurrected without teen jean, and teen jean wouldn't exist without bendis.
    Agreed. There was renewed interest in Jean bc of him

The big problem with Bendis is that after an incredible hook, he gets bored. Then we get meandering filler before an anticlimax for the end.

Bendis had several great moments for his cast, several compelling ideas and sadly no follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The big problem with Bendis is that after an incredible hook, he gets bored. Then we get meandering filler before an anticlimax for the end.

Bendis had several great moments for his cast, several compelling ideas and sadly no follow through.
    Yeah, i read his Iron Man run, after the first arc i feel that i just was looking paint dry for how boring it was. Bendis can get bored easily sometimes, i hope than that doesn't happen in the Superman line.

Didn’t people like his Ultimate Spiderman (Peter Parker) run?

Speaking of the ultimate universe wonder if Ultimate Jean will ever meet 616 Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post

Speaking of the ultimate universe wonder if Ultimate Jean will ever meet 616 Jean.
    if you count jeen, they already met. I doubt adult jean is going to talk with ultimate jean though.

BANNED

i like that Jean has for the most part avoided alt. versions of herself throughout marvel's history.

You aren't going to see Rachel, Hope, Teen Jean and Jean Prime all huddled together for any extended period of time.

She already did

ETA: I guess you meant adult Jean?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    i like that Jean has for the most part avoided alt. versions of herself throughout marvel's history.

You aren't going to see Rachel, Hope, Teen Jean and Jean Prime all huddled together for any extended period of time.
    I hope so.
    I like the X-men and i like cable but i think the whole alt versions, time displaced, copies and clones have been used too much in these books, i'm actually kind of sick of the whole thing. it's a bit ridiculous to be honest, but reading stuff like that makes me feel dumb.

I miss when there was only one wolverine, jean and cyclops.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-14-2018 at 07:38 AM.

BANNED

I hope so.
    I like the X-men and i like cable but i think the whole alt versions, time displaced and clones have been used too much in these books, i'm actually kind of sick of the whole thing. it's a bit ridiculous to be honest, but reading stuff like that makes me feel dump.

I miss when there was only one wolverine, jean and cyclops.
    It makes it feel like DC comics. Too many of the same cookie cutter characters running around. It used to be neat seeing an alternate version because it was a rarity, but it's so often now that it's boring and lazy.

As an Spider-Man fan, i think that is not as good as some sell it, is a nice AU, but a failure as a modernization of the mythos (wich was the actual purpose).

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

Ive wanted to see a story where this is addressed head on. It would make for a fun mini to see Jean teaming up with alternate versions of herself

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    As an Spider-Man fan, i think that is not as good as some sell it, is a nice AU, but a failure as a modernization of the mythos (wich was the actual purpose).
    I think it's one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think it's one of the best.
    I agreed to dissagreed .