Page 4 of 1884 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast

To me Jean is one of those characters one both likes and dislikes. As the writers don't know what to do with here. Either the character is written as too powerful or unstoppable. Or written as not being able to do anything. Then gets taken down easily with the first minutes of a fight. Not to mention the whole is she back from the dead or not. Is hope a Jean clone or not. While 05 Jean stay in the present or not. The writers need to make up their minds and figure out once and for all what to do with the character. I do like the current younger version. Even if imo the portray her as being way too emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I would love to see Jean back to kill the Scarlet Witch for her homosuperiorophobic genocide.
    With the Scarlet Witch being welcomed back with open arms by the Avengers. Nor do the writers imo seem to want to explore any story where she at the very least goes on trial for her crimes. It's not going to happen.
    Last edited by sureshot; 05-01-2014 at 06:43 AM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

I find any potential Jean Grey/Scarlet Witch friendship as absurd and offensive to Jean's moral integrity as Jesus letting Herod the Great babysit any child.

I find any potential Jean Grey/Scarlet Witch friendship as absurd and offensive to Jean's moral integrity as Jesus letting Herod the Great babysit any child.
    Jean has been her stylist

BANNED

Last edited by Flight; 05-01-2014 at 07:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Jean has been her stylist

Jean only wanted to get rid of that eyesore polyester costume she was wearing. It was the polite way to do it.

"mmm yes, I'm sure of it" = "just wear this instead"

Also this was before the Scarlet Witch violated millions of mutants. Jean couldn't do anything yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    If they did bring Jean back at this point, the X-Office would just have her fawn all over Cyclops like some servile miscreant. This would be less than ideal.
    That's gonna happen regardless as long as the current mentality in place. Literally every female in Uncanny/All-New fawns over Scott. It's past being lame and is just weird now. All-New #26 was so creepy.

At least with Adult Jean they couldn't pretend the Morrison run didn't happen.

I don't see real Jean coming back. Bendis has been pointing out how Jeen is "better".

Hank pointed out that her tk powers were better than real Jean's (The issue right before BOTA, with the byke)
    Scott mentioned how she's a better kisser (During BOTA, Scott and Old Jeen kissed)
    Now she has brand new powers.

I don't see the X-Office bringing her back, now that they have this "new and improved" version.

Jean only wanted to get rid of that eyesore polyester costume she was wearing. It was the polite way to do it.

"mmm yes, I'm sure of it" = "just wear this instead"

Also this was before the Scarlet Witch violated millions of mutants. Jean couldn't do anything yet.
    I always thought it was 100% cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    Just finished reading All-New 26 and Jeen is out of control. That girl wanted adult Scott lol please what ever. Can't wait for adult 616 Jean to come back and crush him. At least Xorna and Maddie are around to do it.
    616 Jean isn't coming back though not until there is a big shake up in the X-Office. Most of the current writers are Cychos.

BANNED

Not sure where Bendis got the idea that he was writing a "superior" Jean. The new version is quite a silly little bird indeed, who can't go more than a few panels before breaking out in overwrought histrionics and whose actions lack any kind of consistency or principle.

BANNED

She has displayed deficient homemaking skills, she throws one tantrum aftet the other. She is so out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Okay that entire series is amazing! I love when her gluten allergy causes her to faint!

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Seeing as how the vast majority of relationship issues boil down to communication problems, you'd think telepaths would be good at forming stable partnerships.

Or maybe knowing what your partner is REALLY thinking screws all that up...
    Last edited by ariwl1; 05-01-2014 at 08:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    That's gonna happen regardless as long as the current mentality in place. Literally every female in Uncanny/All-New fawns over Scott. It's past being lame and is just weird now. All-New #26 was so creepy.
    Amen! I'm glad Kitty is keeping an eye on him...

At least with Adult Jean they couldn't pretend the Morrison run didn't happen.
    True, but Jeen did accknowledge that her adult self died twice...

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Storm-...enix-414395715

In celebration of Storm's upcoming solo.