Page 210 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 1101602002062072082092102112122132142202603107101210 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 28258

part5

part6

part7

Well. The special effects would have been killer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Edited that myself. *feels proud of himself and his basic MS Paint skills*
    Ahso I did the same thing but I use "Photoshop CS" to edit pics and I almost alwasy remove an retype the dialog and type what I want it to say -- but w/out spaces... Good job nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Ok thanks for reading and the X-Men Forever thing was my personal opinion. I did like how Jean took out Mastermind, making him revert to the worm that he is.
    I just loved how a lot of that stayed when they did the TV show (almost word for word). Even Jean and Emma's skanky outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    How many people have gone toe to toe with Galdiator and been honest contenders? I haven't seen many that I can think of. I know Cannonball got a good shot in one time but it was nothing like Jean's tussle.
    Didn't Gambit "deck" him one time?

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'll counter that grim Dini art with these touching counterpoints...

Kitty was Claremont's Mary Sue. Jeen is Bendis'.
    Kitty's initial appearance (her weird chin and bug eyes) always seemed odd to me but also kinda endearing; at least it as different.

There are a few parallels between this version of Jean and that character. Both of them have powers beyond what those around them exhibit that no one completely understands, and when that character turns pink she can fly and her power effectively doubles. She also looks completely naked.
    She also kinda reminds me of Gwen from Ben 10: Alien Force (and other similar seasons). Gwen could turn into an "energy being" if she let herself (and in one battle she could have ended almost everything in an instant) but she'd also have lost herself in the process. Maybe that's one of the reasons I like her.

Here's what Gwen would have looked like as an 'energy being' (this is actually a picture of her grandmother but they look the same):

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Let's keep it real here, Gladiator is considered powerful because he's a blatant Superman ripoff, not because anyone did anything particularly interesting with him. Ultimately he's a barrier to be overcome, nothing more.
    Doesn't he get some of his power in his belief in himself? A telepath could undermine that pretty fast.

Well. The special effects would have been killer.
    And the story looks like it focused more on Jean!

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    k! Now, I see your point... But, c'mon tell me 'ya didn't enjoy seeing Gladiator getting bitch-slapped (literately), left and right by a teenager
    Well, sure, of course! lol
    With what happened (will happen ?) to her, she should be given a free pass to deck any 5 characters of her choosing without any consequences.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZehnWaters View Post
    Didn't Gambit "deck" him one time?
    As a matter of fact he did but I don't remember the issue or I'd recap to refresh my memory (I'm thinking it wasn't the real Gladiator and possibly a Skrull or somthing like that), here are a couple of pages... And, sorry but they are from the net and not in English.

If anyone knows what issue these are from I can provide these pages in English as well as confirm if it the real Kallark.

So, have you guys seen the Taken 3 trailer? spoilers:
    They killed Jean again.
    end of spoilers
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZehnWaters View Post
    She also kinda reminds me of Gwen from Ben 10: Alien Force (and other similar seasons). Gwen could turn into an "energy being" if she let herself (and in one battle she could have ended almost everything in an instant) but she'd also have lost herself in the process. Maybe that's one of the reasons I like her.

Here's what Gwen would have looked like as an 'energy being' (this is actually a picture of her grandmother but they look the same):
    UAF Gwen Tennyson actually reminded me of Jean too.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

If anyone knows what issue these are from I can provide these pages in English as well as confirm if it the real Kallark.
    The pages are from different issues. But it's from UXM 274-277. Here is the last from from #277 :

He was a Skrull and we dont get to see the rest of the fight when they free Xavier right after.

BANNED

As a matter of fact he did but I don't remember the issue or I'd recap to refresh my memory (I'm thinking it wasn't the real Gladiator and possibly a Skrull or somthing like that), here are a couple of pages... And, sorry but they are from the net and not in English.

Uncanny 275-276. These were the last good Shiar issues. Gambit nailed mind controlled Gladiator. He was the real one, not a clone. Considering we know how powerful he is this was a serious write down of him.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Uncanny 275-276. These were the last good Shiar issues. Gambit nailed mind controlled Gladiator. He was the real one, not a clone. Considering we know how powerful he is this was a serious write down of him.
    A skrull. I am saying that because all the others were skrull and because they all vanished (err... "had a total physical discorporation") after the fight. So maybe Gladiator was the only guy mind controled and maybe the author just happened not to show him anymore after but that seems less likely. That panel with Gambit was the last one so we don't even know if that had any effect on Gladiator.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    A skrull. I am saying that because all the others were skrull and because they all vanished (err... "had a total physical discorporation") after the fight. So maybe Gladiator was the only guy mind controled and maybe the author just happened not to show him anymore after but that seems less likely. That panel with Gambit was the last one so we don't even know if that had any effect on Gladiator.
    Earlier in that run they make it clear that Gladiator couldn't be duplicated so they just controlled him. Granted it's been a few years since I read it but I do remember that part.

o
    Last edited by Omegastorm; 10-04-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Earlier in that run they make it clear that Gladiator couldn't be duplicated so they just controlled him. Granted it's been a few years since I read it but I do remember that part.
    It doesn't say anything about not being able to duplicate Gladiator (and how exact were those skrull copies anyway ?). That scene is right when the Skrull took control of Gladiator and Oracle so it hadn't the time to do anything with them yet. Later, it put Oracle in the machine with the real Xavier. Maybe it made a copy of Gladiator maybe not. It doesn't really matter anyway.