Page 40 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450901405401040 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Perhaps a continuing adventures of the teen/college years, guest starring Wanda and Polaris on occasion?
    Don't toy with my emotions like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jutcher View Post
    yes, sorry for my bad english, I'm a young girl apprentice with the english language and do what I can to join this forum. At these times I like to curse my school for having taught me just spanish.
    You're doing fine. Learning a new language is notoriously difficult for most once you get on in adulthood, and English is often cited as being one of the hardest to learn. I think that's part of the reason why so many of us Anglophiles are to lazy to even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Don't toy with my emotions like that.

BANNED

You're doing fine. Learning a new language is notoriously difficult for most once you get on in adulthood, and English is often cited as being one of the hardest to learn. I think that's part of the reason why so many of us Anglophiles are to lazy to even bother.
    Seems like you have a problem even speaking English, bro. It's "Anglophone."

Which interactions are you thinking of? I can think of several, and the range is pretty haggard...
    I can only think of one but I was wondering if Bendis will expand on those earlier interactions. Showing why or even when Xavier decided to lock away Jean's TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Found this on twitter today. Nothing official but still exciting!

Attachment 3387

(Looks like bendis wants to see a jean grey solo book)
    Let's help come up with a writer and artist, come on guys.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Seems like you have a problem even speaking English, bro. It's "Anglophone."

:P

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I`d want a good writer, like Claremont, someone who cares about her past so the book is relevant instead of being some generic thing featuring Jean Grey. Art by Travel Foreman. Starting afresh all the time with generic stories only makes the books more convoluted and meaningless.

Tbh, I never really liked Claremont's take on Jean Grey, while he had a great handle on Phoenix I've always got the feeling from his portrayal of Jean that she was lacking, and unless she was Phoenix she wasn't very capable of doing much before someone better suited ie. Storm took the reins.

I want Jean Grey to have a solo series just because I want her to be called Marvel Girl again, It's a cool codename! Am I the only one who cares about code names and hates when a characters name is there hero name!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    I want Jean Grey to have a solo series just because I want her to be called Marvel Girl again, It's a cool codename! Am I the only one who cares about code names and hates when a characters name is there hero name!
    I respectfully disagree. I love that jean doesn't have an official code name currently. I love calling her by her actual name

Jean and code names have always had a weird relationship. Marvel Girl is considered pretty quaint and Phoenix is a loaded concept. For a while it was sort of ok since Jean was the only one he went by her regular name. It was kind of her trademark as she's more well known by her regular name than any code name.

But now she's not the only one with that issue. Of the mainstream X-Women pretty much only Storm and Psylocke ever go by their nom de guerres. The rest of them are pretty much on a first name basis. Now Jean's uniqueness seems to be that people tend to refer to her by her full name.

Jean can't even 'graduate' to Marvel Woman like Sue Storm did to Invisible Woman. Marvel Woman sounds really hokey.
    In regards to naming, I've always followed this guide...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Jean and code names have always had a weird relationship. Marvel Girl is considered pretty quaint and Phoenix is a loaded concept. For a while it was sort of ok since Jean was the only one he went by her regular name. It was kind of her trademark as she's more well known by her regular name than any code name.

But now she's not the only one with that issue. Of the mainstream X-Women pretty much only Storm and Psylocke ever go by their nom de guerres. The rest of them are pretty much on a first name basis. Now Jean's uniqueness seems to be that people tend to refer to her by her full name.
    I personally prefer phoenix as a codename, sounds badass, but yeah is a very loaded; but i like that she uses her real name, is not like she wears a mask to protect her identity, and she is psychic anyways, so is not like she cant use her powers to hide her identity.

Ultimate Member

I just kind of prefer her being called "Jean Grey." Her, Rachel, Kitty, and Emma are characters that I liked simply being called by their real names.

Codenames are like nicknames, sometimes they are good and stay with a person, if it's not good then it goes away, and giving someone too many codenames or nicknames gets silly.

Jean should just be Jean.

BANNED

Marvel girl was a great codename when she was young but is a grown women now. Either Jean or Phoenix is fine