Page 915 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 41581586590591191291391491591691791891992596510151415 ... LastLast
Results 13,711 to 13,725 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I'm glad she's back with the other O5. I loved it when they were together. Also, is it just me or does anyone else hate Angels "cosmic" wings?
    Im honestly still surprised he still has his, It was established in bendis' GotG that they were temporary. Gamora already lost her cosmic powers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Im honestly still surprised he still has his, It was established in bendis' GotG that they were temporary. Gamora already lost her cosmic powers
    I'm pretty sure nobody in the X office cares enough to find out what the status of his wings are supposed to be. Heck, by now they've probably forgotten that whole event......you see, I can't even remember the name of the event. They probably just assume that's how his wings always looked.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Then why in the world does Marvel not give him back his original wings? This is stupid.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

...I really like his energy wings. They look super cool.

Fantastic Member

I like the energy wings. Though with present Warren now somewhat returned, it could alleviate O5 Warren's anxiety about ending up a mindwiped husk of his former self and allow him to revert to the originals one day. In general I like seeing the O5 differentiate from their present counterparts.

With Jean, I like the dynamic she had with the EXM team (which aside from OML seems to be how they'd interact with a hypothetical present-day Jean) though the bond with the O5 may prove fruitful story-wise.

The point at which Beast brought the 05 to the present they had not been a team for long. Jean was also the latest member and did not know them very well. She actually spent more time with other people during the 8 month gap then the actual 05 team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The point at which Beast brought the 05 to the present they had not been a team for long. Jean was also the latest member and did not know them very well. She actually spent more time with other people during the 8 month gap then the actual 05 team.
    I also have this problem since it seems not the O5 and not Jean in the EXM got to do much

They've been together the entire ANXM run though... I say her bond with them is still bigger than with the other X-Men.

BANNED

Gamora was a pretty good physical fighter before the Black Vortex. She didn't need the power up. Angel did, because pre power up all he really did was fly. It's why his older self was transformed into Archangel way back in X-Factor.

I did like the dynamic that Jeen has with the EXM, for the most part they act as if she is the Adult Jean. When she had to free Nightcrawler from his craziness, Storm insisted on going with her because she doesn't have Adult Jean's experience, and Iceman told her to directly connect with the symbiote possessing OML (he wouldn't have had to tell Adult Jeen) but beyond this they seemed to talk to her though she was the Adult Jean. I liked the line up, but the execution of things was poor. Partially because Lemire had to write the team as hiding out in Limbo due to the terrigen, so it felt like most of his run was wasted. I am so happy to see the X-Men kick ass and make a big come back.

In fact, UXM #8 happens more than 1 year after UXM #1: They graduated from Xavier's school in the previous issue. Also in UXM #4, they had a party and Xavier said that it's exactly 1 year since their class started. (I know that, in an interview, Bendis said the O5 knew each others since a few weeks only but he is the one that choose UXM #8)

Just read Uncanny X-men #16. O5 Jean does her part, but not much else. Most of the action comes from Fantomex and one of the Stepford Cuckoos. Not even Karnak does much in this issue. The only one who had a real story here was Fantomex. I get the sense Bunn was setting up a plot for a future arc with him. I'm okay with that, but I hope O5 Jean gets to do more in other parts of IvX.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Then why in the world does Marvel not give him back his original wings? This is stupid.
    The energy wings rock. There is precedent for it going back to the Apocalypse Twelve storyline when Warren got them and I wish that had been a permanent change back then so its nice to see it come back in some form. i like that its with this teen version as that helps set him apart from his original characterization and gives him something new to play with. I dont see it taking away from his character but actually adds some offensive ability without the destructive metal wings his adult self got as Death

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They've been together the entire ANXM run though... I say her bond with them is still bigger than with the other X-Men.
    This. Someone told me that the X-men were plucked to the future some time after X-men #6. They had been together for quite some time by then as Marvel time went by much faster in the 60s. They formed the team in #1 and graduated by #7. Taking that into account plus all the time spent in ANX, and Id say she's had plenty of time to bond with tme and definitely spent more time with them than anyone in that 8 month gap
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-21-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Spoilers from today'a uncanny:

As someone who hasn't kept up with uncanny, the fantomex / Irma cuckoo sub plot went entirely over my head.

Anywho, it was nice seeing bunn nail jean's characterization: Jean telling the cuckoos to go easy on the psychic attacks because they will have to mend fences with the inhumans once the war is over

Jean didn't have a ton of action in this issue but it's an uncanny tie in so that makes sense. I'm sure her role will be bigger when we return to the main ivx books.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Must be a great time to be a Teen Jean fan. I feel she's going to be popping up everywhere going into 2017. She's def my favorite of the teens.

BANNED

Aside, from Jean Grey outright refusing the power -- diddn't all of those who gained enhancements from the "Black Vortex" mirror volunteer to give the power up as opposed to it fading away or being temporary?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-21-2016 at 08:33 AM.