BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    There has been lots of talk of guest stars in Jean's solo. A lot of people are mentioning x-characters, but I feel that could be explored in the team books. I'm hoping for her to interact with people outside of the X-Men which she normally wouldn't have a chance to. Namor, Dr. Strange, etc are all good choices. I'd like to see her team up with Ultimate Spider-Man again as I liked their connection during Bendis' run.

For the other side of it, who do you guys want to see Jean face off against?

1) Cassandra Nova- Adult Jean totally messed her plans up and kicked her out of Xavier's body. I'd like to think she would attempt to take out the younger Jean

2) Selene and the Hellfire Club- A young, impressionable Jean Grey would be a prime target for these two.

3) Mr. Sinister - Nuff said.

Other ideas?
    Selene never goes after Jean Grey. She's gone after Maddie and Rachel. She went after an amnesiac Maddie, and a confused Rachel when Rachel was brought back in time. Jean is too powerful, and that includes Jean.

Jean knows exactly what Mastermind and the Hellfire Club did, and she beat Lady Mastermind (more powerful than her father) pretty much immediately. It would not make sense for the Hellfire Club to go after her, and Jean is not impressionable or naive.

She's actually a lot more resourceful than her older self. When Adult Jean was being slowly seduced by Mastermind's illusionary time slips, had she thought to reach out to Xavier or other psychic or mystic experts she could have prevented this. You see Jean doing stuff like consulting others who are knowledgable not just about the Phoenix, but who know a lot about powerful entities like Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider. This is not a Jean Grey you want to mess with.

I could see Cassandra Nova going after Jean in revenge. As for Sinister I'd assume he'd move on to other projects. Last time he tried to use his Madelyne clones to channel the Phoenix, it destroyed all of the other Sinisters. This isn't something that worked out well for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    or how about Cassandra Nova attempt to take over Jean's body for herself? Young, powerful with lots of potential. Although that seems like a plotline that could be more fitting for Blue or have the team guest star to take down "Evil Jean" whom is really possessed by Nova

Jean hates her for good reason and frankly, I'd rather they not interact
    Ooo that's an interesting idea. Cassandra is such a nasty villain I'd just like Jean to face off against her in any capacity. And it's sort of fitting that she's fighting the evil twin of her once mentor.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Seeing Jane Foster thor or odinson appear would also be interesting mostly since they will be teaming up with Quentin quire to take on the Phoenix force in the Asgard shiar war arc that's currently ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Selene never goes after Jean Grey. She's gone after Maddie and Rachel. She went after an amnesiac Maddie, and a confused Rachel when Rachel was brought back in time. Jean is too powerful, and that includes Jean.
    Selene didnt go after Rachel. Rachel went after her. Selene defended herself the first time and was nearly killed the second time bc of Rachel's Phoenix upgrade. both times however, Rachel was the aggressor. Selene didnt know who this child was that was coming for her the first time and the second instance was blindsided in her sleep

Sigh they are doing "Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe" again (written by Bunn). So maybe Jean vs Deadpool. He already killed Cyclops, Emma and them in the last one.
    Last edited by 5cents; 04-10-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    First X-Lady

https://www.instagram.com/julianlopezart/

i guess this 2 are from issue #5

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post

Those look nice. Thank you for posting them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Selene didnt go after Rachel. Rachel went after her. Selene defended herself the first time and was nearly killed the second time bc of Rachel's Phoenix upgrade. both times however, Rachel was the aggressor. Selene didnt know who this child was that was coming for her the first time and the second instance was blindsided in her sleep
    When Rachel came back to the past, Selene went after Rachel and tried to make her into her apprentice. Intervention from the X-Men and Xavier stopped Selene, who had defeated Rachel.

Then later on Selene chose an amnesiac Madelyne as her apprentice.

But Selene never goes after Jean, and I doubt she would.

Fantastic Member

Both held the title The Black Queen, so it's interesting they never actually interacted.

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post

Looks promising. And I think this came up in another thread, but I really hope that at some point, this book gives Rachel a major role. I think that, given Jean's circumstances, she's uniquely qualified to help. Much more so than Hope or Kid Omega. I thought it was such a wasted opportunity during Bendis' run when Rachel and the O5 basically ignored each other. They made no real effort to interact or help one another. Well, now that O5 Jean is preparing for the Phoenix again, who better to help her than Rachel? I really would like these two to sit down and have a moment at some point. It feels like one of those moments that needs to happen, sort of like how O5 Cyclops met up with his father. It seems Rachel is finally getting a larger role in the X-books with X-men Gold. Why not expand that role even more in Jean's solo series? I think it would be good for both characters.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

X-Men Blue preview

First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    X-Men Blue preview

"I'm going to use telepathy to goose your powers."

How? I'm genuinely confused.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Has anyone else noticed that Jeen was so different in terms of personality AND powers under Bendis? She has like "regressed" since then to more resemble I guess the classical Jean. Under Bendis she was sarcastic and overpowered it seemed like, and now it's like she "lost" that development somewhat and has become more acceptable ? Is it just me who feels like this
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    "I'm going to use telepathy to goose your powers."

How? I'm genuinely confused.
    Jean's going to help Cyclops amp up/boost his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Jeen was so different in terms of personality AND powers under Bendis? She has like "regressed" since then to more resemble I guess the classical Jean. Under Bendis she was sarcastic and overpowered it seemed like, and now it's like she "lost" that development somewhat and has become more acceptable ? Is it just me who feels like this
    Bendis was actually progressing and developing Jean but then Lemire took over and she was put in supporting character role. She didn't get any development. Though no two writer will write the same character exactly the same way. I do like that Jean has matured and is using her powers more responsibly.
    Last edited by 5cents; 04-11-2017 at 04:07 AM.
    First X-Lady

Amazing Member

I saw that someone mentioned the Phoenix force appearing in Thor. There is also a phoenix egg in the Thanos series. How many phoenixes are there at the moment? I thought to ask here since the Jeen solo will be about the phoenix force also.