Page 644 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 14454459463464064164264364464564664764865469474411441644 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I'm not feeling the Jeen/Beast pairing. To me it just doesn't feel right. It feels forced. I'd even prefer seeing Jeen with Miles.
    I agree for the most part. I don't hate the pairing but I definitely don't feel it either.

It'd especially even more weird because they are in separate books now. Reading uncanny xmen 600 followed immediately by extraordinary was quite jarring, even though the audience is supposed to know there is a huge time difference.

I'm not feeling the Jeen/Beast pairing. To me it just doesn't feel right. It feels forced. I'd even prefer seeing Jeen with Miles.
    Judging by Bendis' comment on tumblr it looks like they are sticking, they maybe maintaining a long distance type relationship during EXM and ANXM Vol 2, and who knows what happened during those 16 months, man just thinking about it gives me a headache.

bahahaha those pics are great
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    After reading uncanny 600 I am even more sad that Jean and icetwink won't be in the same book anymore. I think they could become very close and that's not a relationship I have seen as much before compared to other 05 friendships.
    I echo those sentiments, losing that is one of the saddest parts of ANXM. Both them together, and I thought Bobby was the 2nd most entertaining character in the book.

Judging by Bendis' comment on tumblr it looks like they are sticking, they maybe maintaining a long distance type relationship during EXM and ANXM Vol 2, and who knows what happened during those 16 months, man just thinking about it gives me a headache.
    He spoke of where it came from, nothing really implied its sticking. That would be a tragedy.
    Last edited by cwatz; 11-05-2015 at 03:05 PM.

I hope it is just a fling. Beast can help Jeen with mid terms.

Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post
    Bendis isn't writing the X-Men anymore so it's not in his hands anymore. And Bendis loves trolling on tumblr. So there is still hope...

Edit: I would still prefer to have Jean with the young Wolverine
    Last edited by Narasinha; 11-05-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I agree for the most part. I don't hate the pairing but I definitely don't feel it either.

It'd especially even more weird because they are in separate books now. Reading uncanny xmen 600 followed immediately by extraordinary was quite jarring, even though the audience is supposed to know there is a huge time difference.
    Oddly enough, it wouldn't be the first time Jean was in that situation. She and Scott operated that way for a good portion of the early Blue/Gold era. I've been skimming through some of my old comics as I determine which ones I want to get rid of and sometimes if you were reading one character in one title it was easy to forget the other one existed.

What if the compassionate Jean every one loves comes from her attempts to get Cyclops to open up and without that she's a much more selfish person. Who we become as people rely heavily on both internal and external motivations. It's like a talented football player needing a great coach to bring out that talent.

Happy birthday, Famke Janssen! The actress is celebrating her 51st birthday today

BANNED

I hope it is just a fling. Beast can help Jeen with mid terms.
    One can only hope... Personally, I have grown weary of Jean Grey being passed around the (male) X-Men like a bottle of Crown. And, on a side note -- anyone looking forward to Bobby (adult or teen take your pick) actively and openly pursue Warren (adult or teen take your pick) as a lover?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-05-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Nah. Warren's straight. Had Bendis paired Jeen up with Teen Angel, I could see that. They had a friendly flirtation for years. Beastie Boy? Ew.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Jean and Warren had a thing too in the Dennis Hopeless season one book. It felt more real there than Bendis's Beast and Jean pairing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Nah. Warren's straight. Had Bendis paired Jeen up with Teen Angel, I could see that. They had a friendly flirtation for years. Beastie Boy? Ew.
    Yeah... And, I thought Bobby was straight for 30+ years so...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-06-2015 at 05:00 AM.

o, any clues yet what has happened to Cyclops in the 8 month thing, or are they talking about Adult Cyclops who got his neck snapped in Secret Wars whilst he was all Phoenixed up?

Jean and Warren had a thing too in the Dennis Hopeless season one book. It felt more real there than Bendis's Beast and Jean pairing.
    Well Jean/Warren did actually have some tension in the early days of Uncanny X-men. So that much is canon. Not so with Beast. That was basically pulled from nothing. Not only that, it was presented in a way that made Jean out to be a total skank. Just a few issues ago in All-New X-men #39, she almost kissed O5 Cyclops. That and she got jealous when X-23 started flirting with him. Then, she gets cozy with Cyclops' adult self. Later on, she kissed Miles Morales. So honestly, how sincere can she be at this point? It's like Bendis wanted her to hook up with everyone around her. Claremont did the same when he kept trying to force her with Wolverine. The main difference with Claremont was that the editors were smart enough to stop him. That didn't happen with Bendis and it's only making Jean look worse.

Now in EXM, we have no idea what she did in 8 months or who she hooked up with. We do know that she's not on the same team as the O5 anymore. We also know what happened with Cyclops messed her up. We also know she's ditched everyone in the X-men, not just Beast, to go to college. So for all we know, that guy she was talking to in EXM #1 is her boyfriend now. That's the kind of Jean Grey that Bendis has created. And I'm just starting to get the impression that Marvel is doing this to just keep her away from Cyclops. They're doing the same thing with Mary Jane, trying to keep her away from Peter Parker. It's really sad, but this is what we're stuck with. And I don't see it changing anytime soon.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    We also know she's ditched everyone in the X-men, not just Beast, to go to college. So for all we know, that guy she was talking to in EXM #1 is her boyfriend now. That's the kind of Jean Grey that Bendis has created.
    Actualy that would make some sense: In the original X-Men, at about that time, she also went to university and started going out with another student there. Even if the details aren't the same, that would mean that she is, more or less, following the same events as she originaly did.