Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Seems to be more about marvel universe than only x-men. These two will probably meet soon and for sure it wll get emotional
    Yeah, I know them interacting is inevitable, but I can't help but be disappointed. A lot of the big name X-Women are included in this (Rogue, Storm, Psylocke, Shadowcat), so I think its odd that Jean seems to be missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yeah, I know them interacting is inevitable, but I can't help but be disappointed. A lot of the big name X-Women are included in this (Rogue, Storm, Psylocke, Shadowcat), so I think its odd that Jean seems to be missing.
    I'm sure she'll show up in "phase 3."(Soule words, not mine) The people more close to him. I mean, Nightcrawler is not even there, and that's a crime!

Super random thing I wanted to get out of my chest:

I keep thinking about how much Phoenix Resurrection would be better paced if issue #4 ended with that Black Phoenix reveal. The whole issue is all exposition without anything really happening. It would be an amazing cliffhanger if it ended like that, making us more anxious for the ending without the preview. It would also feel like a better issue and part of the mini in general. It just really sucks that it all happened on the very last issue. If it ended like that, with maybe then a little fight on the last issue instead of those pages with Wolverine killing Annie and all, *which would also give us a few more panels with that costume that looked great) it would have just felt a lot more like every issue was important.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

tom taylor just twitted this
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...20872442408960
    I'm hyped.

I hope it's something about Jean catching up with her friends like some people here have theorized.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-13-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm hyped.

I hope it's something about Jean catching up with her friends like some people here have theorized.

Sounds like it will be, considering this tweet!

https://twitter.com/tomtaylormade/st...23888049573888

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jakeuppp View Post

wonderful. i just hope all the wolverine stuff doesn't overshadow jean.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-13-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Possible, but highly unlikely. We should all know better by now. Plus what about that witty tagline?
    witty tagline?

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    witty tagline?
    "Fighting to protect a world that fear and hates them"? Sorry, I took that as read.

I'm hyped.

One giant size welcome back Jean issue will do. Hope they get a really good artist and Jean gets more outfit changes.
    First X-Lady

I'm hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeuppp View Post

Both sound very promising. I'm not gonna lie. Jean's been dead for so long that I'm still getting used to the idea of her being active in the Marvel universe again. But I'm already enjoying it. I can't wait to see how Jean carves a place for herself. I also hope she gets to interact with more friends and reconnect with those who really missed her. Given how beloved she was and still is, she's got her work cut out for her.

Also, O5 Jean is still finding ways to shine. X-men Blue #21 was very good. I highly recommend that, if only to tide Jean fans over until X-men Red #2.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

To be fair, Scott didn't have the tools to approach the problem the way Jean is. Scott was a soldier, and Jean's an ambassador. Two completely different skillsets. Sometimes you need one, sometimes the other.

Also the problems they are dealing with are fundamentally different. Scott was trying to keep the mutants alive through decimation and IvX, while Jean is trying to entrench mutant rights in an scenario were survival is no longer a question.

I hope she's successful, at least to some degree. Of course no real headway can ever be made here or the basic conflict built into the books from the beginning becomes a moot point.
    The basic conflict can evolve, so headway can be made. Whether the writers and editors do this depends a lot on the real world society.

Marvel was using mutants as an allegory for marginalization/discrimination/persecution. With the movie rights restored to Disney, depending on where Disney decides to take X-Men movies in the futures also determines things. They may decide not to use the marginalization angle.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 02-14-2018 at 03:26 AM.

"Fighting to protect a world that fear and hates them"? Sorry, I took that as read.
    Ah! Well, if they can't come-up with a new tagline every 50 years, maybe they should consider selling another kind of produce. Breakfast cereals or something like that maybe?

I think it's likely that Jean isn't on those Wolverine minis(or just on a minor role) because Logan's return was planned before hers.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Also, O5 Jean is still finding ways to shine. X-men Blue #21 was very good. I highly recommend that, if only to tide Jean fans over until X-men Red #2.
    Thanks, I totally forgot that today was wednesday lmao.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm hyped.

Yeah. It was confirmed that a May one ahot would focus on the character work they skipped to jump straight into Red #1
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    On a positive Jean wasn’t on the Land cover. Though I’m sure Jean will pop up somewhere if it deals with Logan. If he’s berserker mode she will be needed to calm him and Logan has always trusted Jean.
    First X-Lady