Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
I think the way they turned Emma back into a villain was completely stupid, but I would be lying if I said I don't feel vindicated with the current situation. Jean back as a leader, Scott dead and Emma crazy lol.
Only took 14 years to get vindication, but I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
I sound like a general hater right now, but I don't want to see Maddie either.

They shouldn't waste Jean's return retreading "Jean Pilgrim vs Evil Ex-Girlfriends". I just feel like that has already dominated enough of the character's history.
Completely agreed. The Maddie storyline has been done and it's time to move on. And that fake blonde's days in the sun are over now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
So, with Jean coming back, there has been A LOT to talk about on this thread, but bringing another subject: The thing about Disney possibly buying Fox and the future of X-Movies.

Basically, what do you guys think/want? I feel like we have a lot to wonder/hope/worry about... Specially with Dark Phoenix coming and all. Do you guys want a reboot or not? Honestly, I feel like the best thing is for the deal to happen, regardless of what exactly happens with the movies... It's bigger than just the movie themselves. We would have X-Men cartoons, X-Men games(and X-Men ON games, as they're still banned from a lot of them), more X-Men toys and merchandise, and probably more books too.

I'm a bit on the fence when it comes to a reboot thing because I love Sophie's Jean actually. Ssince First Class, I never liked the X-movies direction in general. And I'm really not confident on Dark Phoenix, cause I'll just never stop thinking that doing that right after Jean was introduced is too soon. On the other side though, while Apocalypse was underwhelming as a movie in general, I loved Jean on it. That Phoenix/astral plane moment always gives me the chills, and the Jott buildup was great. Besides that, Sophie was my fancast for Jean before she was cast, since Sansa is one of my favorite GOT characters. So basically it would feel pretty bittersweet for me.
I liked Sophie but I wouldn't mind a new actress in the role. I'd rather see a young adult Jean than a teenage Jean anyway. I'm hoping the entire series is rebooted.