BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think the way they turned Emma back into a villain was completely stupid, but I would be lying if I said I don't feel vindicated with the current situation. Jean back as a leader, Scott dead and Emma crazy lol.
    Only took 14 years to get vindication, but I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I sound like a general hater right now, but I don't want to see Maddie either.

They shouldn't waste Jean's return retreading "Jean Pilgrim vs Evil Ex-Girlfriends". I just feel like that has already dominated enough of the character's history.
    Completely agreed. The Maddie storyline has been done and it's time to move on. And that fake blonde's days in the sun are over now.

So, with Jean coming back, there has been A LOT to talk about on this thread, but bringing another subject: The thing about Disney possibly buying Fox and the future of X-Movies.

Basically, what do you guys think/want? I feel like we have a lot to wonder/hope/worry about... Specially with Dark Phoenix coming and all. Do you guys want a reboot or not? Honestly, I feel like the best thing is for the deal to happen, regardless of what exactly happens with the movies... It's bigger than just the movie themselves. We would have X-Men cartoons, X-Men games(and X-Men ON games, as they're still banned from a lot of them), more X-Men toys and merchandise, and probably more books too.

I'm a bit on the fence when it comes to a reboot thing because I love Sophie's Jean actually. Ssince First Class, I never liked the X-movies direction in general. And I'm really not confident on Dark Phoenix, cause I'll just never stop thinking that doing that right after Jean was introduced is too soon. On the other side though, while Apocalypse was underwhelming as a movie in general, I loved Jean on it. That Phoenix/astral plane moment always gives me the chills, and the Jott buildup was great. Besides that, Sophie was my fancast for Jean before she was cast, since Sansa is one of my favorite GOT characters. So basically it would feel pretty bittersweet for me.
    I liked Sophie but I wouldn't mind a new actress in the role. I'd rather see a young adult Jean than a teenage Jean anyway. I'm hoping the entire series is rebooted.

So, with Jean coming back, there has been A LOT to talk about on this thread, but bringing another subject: The thing about Disney possibly buying Fox and the future of X-Movies.

Basically, what do you guys think/want? I feel like we have a lot to wonder/hope/worry about... Specially with Dark Phoenix coming and all. Do you guys want a reboot or not? Honestly, I feel like the best thing is for the deal to happen, regardless of what exactly happens with the movies... It's bigger than just the movie themselves. We would have X-Men cartoons, X-Men games(and X-Men ON games, as they're still banned from a lot of them), more X-Men toys and merchandise, and probably more books too.

I'm a bit on the fence when it comes to a reboot thing because I love Sophie's Jean actually. Ssince First Class, I never liked the X-movies direction in general. And I'm really not confident on Dark Phoenix, cause I'll just never stop thinking that doing that right after Jean was introduced is too soon. On the other side though, while Apocalypse was underwhelming as a movie in general, I loved Jean on it. That Phoenix/astral plane moment always gives me the chills, and the Jott buildup was great. Besides that, Sophie was my fancast for Jean before she was cast, since Sansa is one of my favorite GOT characters. So basically it would feel pretty bittersweet for me.
    I still think they're potentially rushing things with Dark Phoenix, and am worried they won't do the story justice, but I also enjoy Sophie Turner as Jean and am eager to see more from her and her development with the character (and if they can actually make Jott meaningful in the movies again).

But you can bet that if Disney gets Fox and the X-Men back that Jean will probably be at the forefront of any media push the X-Men get as a result (cartoons, video games, maybe new movies), especially now that she's finally coming back in the comics.

BANNED

I'd prefer to keep the movies as they are. I don't really care about copying the comics or "this is obviously the part where you laugh" comedy, which is what would become of the movies immediately.

The only benefit I could see would be the potential for games, but Marvel is hesitant to do anything besides mobile garbage anyway so that point ends up moot.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Only took 14 years to get vindication, but I'll take it.

Completely agreed. The Maddie storyline has been done and it's time to move on. And that fake blonde's days in the sun are over now.

I liked Sophie but I wouldn't mind a new actress in the role. I'd rather see a young adult Jean than a teenage Jean anyway. I'm hoping the entire series is rebooted.
    Sophie is alreayd portraying a young adult Jean on Dark Phoenix AFAIK though, isn't the movie set on the '90s, while Apocalypse was on the '80s? I know she was cast to be "teen Jean" but tbh she looks old enough right now, just needs some appropriate styling.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I loved Hugh jackman wolverine but he overshadowed so much the other characters than they were just there. His story ended in oldman logan.
    Now is Jean and Scott time to shine in the movies.

I'm not in the mood for yet another film reboot. It ain't perfect but I'm fine with X-Men staying where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post

The only benefit I could see would be the potential for games, but Marvel is hesitant to do anything besides mobile garbage anyway so that point ends up moot.
    well thats not true anymore

Fantastic Member

I like(d) the Jean/Emma dynamic. But Morrison hit a sweet spot during his run that lesser writers probably can't replicate. So though I kind of like the idea of the Yin and Yang concept of their relationship (sans Scott pathos), it might just be nostalgia for the few, but great, interaction between the two in New X-Men. Still, if they do eventually tread that ground, they really need to fix Emma's character. They need to build her back up so that she'd be "worthy" of being a proper rival/frenemy for Jean.

But just to echo the general sentiment of my fellow Jean fans, the fanfare she's receiving is so satisfying. I honestly didn't expect the kind of treatment we're getting for her return. It's kind of unbelievable. Hopefully, the actual execution follows suit.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbRmKriBpK6/ badass ! Eleven like Phoenix got More than 44.000 likes
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    The rivalry really started with Morrison's run, and even then, they were capable of working together as a team.
    It started with the Phoenix Saga when Emma controled the X-Men and when she helped Mastermind in turning her into Dark Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    The thing is that we HAVEN'T seen them interact, not really, since Inferno. Maddy tried to take Jean's body during the Sisterhood arc but that didn't really deal with Jean at all
    They did but it was in the Cable and X-Man books.

BANNED

I think people are jumping the gun when they assume that Marvel Studios is just going to go all out with an X-Men reboot. Maybe if they had owned the IP the whole time they would have given the X-Men top billing in the MCU, but now that they've already invested so much into building up the Avengers and their other brands, it's hard to see why they would want yet another big franchise when the market is already saturated as it is. Oh sure, they'll definitely find a way to get Wolverine and Deadpool involved and perhaps Jean would also be featured in some capacity, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a Dazzler solo movie anytime soon.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

J. Scott Campbell posted this -
    ✒️Inking some early 90s X-MEN goodness tonight...
    5070F814-EA7E-4B78-969E-D4C3266073C8.jpg
    Wonder if it’s a variant cover for Phoenix Resurrection, or maybe even X-Men Red?

Ultimate Member

I wish that he could do an X-book full time...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think that artists may be doing 90's X-Men variants.

Silva just did the same thing with three covers - of the 90's blue and gold teams and Excalibur.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey