Page 277 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 1772272672732742752762772782792802812873273777771277 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    In fact, its the reverse : it's because new authors don't care about what came before that a reboot is needed to clean things up and make sense.
    There is company owned franchises that are very fine without needing reboot. But new authors _have_ to play by the rules and take into account what came before. The whole franchises are supervised by people (sometime the person who created the franchise) who will keep authors in check and prevent them from disregarding what was already established.

Sure, it's restricting. But it also more challenging for authors. Whatever in music, litterature or other kind of art forms, there is often arbitrary rules that need to be followed. Those rules are not to be taken as something that limit the authors but as a challenge that push creativity and make things more interesting. For example, in classical litterature, there is the rules of "unity of action", "unity of place" and "unity of time".

It also offers more opportunities because authors can allude to anything that is "canon" without having to re-explain everything. It provides a frame of references.
    Now with decades of dueling retcons canon contradicts itself. In order to completely follow continuity you have acknowledge stories that would probably have never been told if the editors had been doing their jobs in the first place. I doubt it would happen, but it would be nice if after any reboot there is an ironclad mandate that the first person to try an 'everything you thought you knew is wrong' shock retcon gets unceremoniously thrown out the door. Preferably with hangtime.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Now with decades of dueling retcons canon contradicts itself. In order to completely follow continuity you have acknowledge stories that would probably have never been told if the editors had been doing their jobs in the first place. I doubt it would happen, but it would be nice if after any reboot there is an ironclad mandate that the first person to try an 'everything you thought you knew is wrong' shock retcon gets unceremoniously thrown out the door. Preferably with hangtime.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

This is different:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd like for grown up adult Jean to come back, spurn Cyclops and his revolution, and bring Logan with her...then let the two finally be together and start a real counterpunch to Scott's side that isn't overdone to make Scott look better.
    Keep dreaming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd like for grown up adult Jean to come back, spurn Cyclops and his revolution, and bring Logan with her...then let the two finally be together and start a real counterpunch to Scott's side that isn't overdone to make Scott look better.
    Everything form the end morrison run was set up to make scott look better, and it'll stay like that until fox gives him a protagonic role in their movies (which will never happen)

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Everything form the end morrison run was set up to make scott look better, and it'll stay like that until fox gives him a protagonic role in their movies (which will never happen)
    I'd rather Scott and Storm and Jean start acting something akin to their comics counterparts [strong, resourceful, competent] than what the movies have given us so far. X-Men: Apocalypse and the further movies featuring them have MUCH to answer for and correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    This is different:

Well, you know, in a alternate universo, those two had a child.

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, you know, in a alternate universo, those two had a child.
    That I didn't know... Title and issue, please!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    That I didn't know... Title and issue, please!
    I'm pretty sure that was a joke...as far as I can remember, X-Men/Teen Titans is the only book they ever met in and, while I haven't read that book in a LONG time, I think I'd remember a kid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was a joke...as far as I can remember, X-Men/Teen Titans is the only book they ever met in and, while I haven't read that book in a LONG time, I think I'd remember a kid.
    A joke?!? Right I re-read it just to make sure I wasn't losing it.

Nope, no Marvel/DC hybrid babies born in that crossover.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-09-2014 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    That was Darkseid ?, i thought that it was Apocalypse; anyways, i just remember reading it in the Marvel's wiki, but i dont remember his name, the only thing that i remember that he was created like X-man, and was part of that alternate universe's X-men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    That was Darkseid ?, i thought that it was Apocalypse; anyways, i just remember reading it in the Marvel's wiki, but i dont remember his name, the only thing that i remember that he was created like X-man, and was part of that alternate universe's X-men.
    Yes, that was Darkseid...but I don't remember any Apocalypse/Phoenix child either but I suppose it's possible in some What If? story I missed.