Page 242 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 1421922322382392402412422432442452462522923427421242 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis' run ends with the O5 going back & getting mindwiped (possibly by a returning adult Jean) to avoid changing the future but the present day versions then get the memories which changes them in the present...it would be a good way to preserve the character development with the O5 and leave new story potential for the adult versions going forward.
    Didn't Bendis specifically say that wont happen ?, plus are memories of past versions enough to automatically change the personalities of the current versions (especially in case of Tyke/Cyke) ?, i was imagining more like the teen versions replace their adult counterparts completely but keep the memories and experiences of the adult versions, or maybe completely replacing the consciousness of the adult versions at least, OK i know that isn't making any fucking sense at all, but that way some of the characters' past mistakes can be completely absolved (Pryor incident, phoenix eating a planet, Morrison's Scott) so the teen counterparts can move on knowing their adult counterpart's mistakes and avoid making or repeating the same mistakes again plus it might also put a rest to past triangles (Logan, Emma) and other baggage, this will mainly benefit Jeen and Tyke, mostly Tyke because then no other writer would dare character assassinate him again by blaming it on the Pryor incident or the cheating incident, which was Morrison's main pitch after all for destroying Cyclops. Also notice how Bendis is making us hate present Beast and present Iceman plus with present Angel being dead, i really think he is gonna replace the adult O5 with the teen O5 or just their consciousness or whatever...
    Last edited by sagiravi; 10-17-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post
    Didn't Bendis specifically say that wont happen ?, plus are memories enough to automatically change their personalities (especially Tyke's) i think its the experiences that change a person , i was imagining more like the teen versions replace their adult counterparts completely but keep the memories and experiences of the adult versions, or maybe completely replacing the consciousness of the adult versions at least, OK i know that isn't making any fucking sense at all, but that way some of the characters past mistakes can be completely absolved (Pryor incident, phoenix eating a planet, Morrison's Scott) so the teen counterparts can move on knowing their adult counterpart's mistakes and avoid making or repeating the same mistakes again, this will hugely benefit Jeen and Tyke, mostly Tyke because then no other writer would dare character assassinate him again by blaming it on the Pryor incident or the cheating incident, which was Morrison's pitch after all for destroying Cyclops.
    Well, Bendis does say lot of things.

Maybe, if the teenage versions changed brains with their adult counterparts..................................

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Any idea why storm thread got closed?
    It was a little too chaotic lol.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Astonishing Member

Didn't Bendis specifically say that wont happen ?, plus are memories of past versions enough to automatically change the personalities of the current versions (especially in case of Tyke/Cyke) ?, i was imagining more like the teen versions replace their adult counterparts completely but keep the memories and experiences of the adult versions, or maybe completely replacing the consciousness of the adult versions at least, OK i know that isn't making any fucking sense at all, but that way some of the characters' past mistakes can be completely absolved (Pryor incident, phoenix eating a planet, Morrison's Scott) so the teen counterparts can move on knowing their adult counterpart's mistakes and avoid making or repeating the same mistakes again plus it might also put a rest to past triangles (Logan, Emma) and other baggage, this will mainly benefit Jeen and Tyke, mostly Tyke because then no other writer would dare character assassinate him again by blaming it on the Pryor incident or the cheating incident, which was Morrison's main pitch after all for destroying Cyclops. Also notice how Bendis is making us hate present Beast and present Iceman plus with present Angel being dead, i really think he is gonna replace the adult O5 with the teen O5 or just their consciousness or whatever...
    I didn't know Bendis had said one way or another on this...as to the memories changing the personalities of the present versions, I suppose it would depend on just how much happens to them during that time and how different they are by the time they are sent back...I could see a sudden influx of these memories and experiences working along the same lines of your idea if handled properly and being used to alter the personalities in the present while still preserving the past...it would all depend how it was handled and I agree it would mostly benefit Cyke & Jean. I can't see the teen versions permanently replacing the adult versions because Bendis insists they are from this timeline so there would be no way to do that without some kind of reboot and I don't think Marvel will do that...that way lies madness...look at the mess over at DC.

I'm just trying to think of some way what is happening to the O5 now can remain relevant without rewriting history...guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

I remember reading Bendis' comments about the O5 not going back. We'll just have to wait and see and hope everything works out for the best at the end of his run.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I didn't know Bendis had said one way or another on this...as to the memories changing the personalities of the present versions, I suppose it would depend on just how much happens to them during that time and how different they are by the time they are sent back...I could see a sudden influx of these memories and experiences working along the same lines of your idea if handled properly and being used to alter the personalities in the present while still preserving the past...it would all depend how it was handled and I agree it would mostly benefit Cyke & Jean. I can't see the teen versions permanently replacing the adult versions because Bendis insists they are from this timeline so there would be no way to do that without some kind of reboot and I don't think Marvel will do that...that way lies madness...look at the mess over at DC.

I'm just trying to think of some way what is happening to the O5 now can remain relevant without rewriting history...guess we'll just have to see how it goes.
    Hmmm.....i guess the personalities of the present versions getting altered over time or by the end of Bendis' run by the experiences of the teen versions makes more sense, i just hope it is done in a way Cyke's past mistakes can be completely absolved which could possibly stop the Cyke Haters from bringing up the Madelyn Pryor incident or the cheating incident or the Xavier killing incident and some other stuff just to hate on him.

Hmmm.....i guess the personalities of the present versions getting altered over time or by the end of Bendis' run by the experiences of the teen versions makes more sense, i just hope it is done in a way Cyke's past mistakes can be completely absolved which could possibly stop the Cyke Haters from bringing up the Madelyn Pryor incident or the cheating incident or the Xavier killing incident and some other stuff just to hate on him.
    Seconded!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

There is an example of that in that awful crossover named "the crossing" when the avengers bring a 19 year old tony stark to replace the adult iron man that was evil all along, the story is too stupid to explain but let's just said that the old iron man was defeated by teen tony. Teen tony replaced him and everyone followed along and some time later he died with a bunch of people in that horrible onsalught event, and later in heroes reborn Franklin richards (walking plot device, reality warper and ocassional boyfriend of rachel) used his powers to revive everyone that dies in onslaught and fused old tony with teen tony thus combining both personalities and preserving the timeline without the need of teen tony to go back to his time
    Now in current MU
    -Teen heroes from the past . . . check
    -Adult counterparts that are evil or plain boring (beast angel and icedouche), and old cyclops. . . check
    -Onsalught. . . check
    -Franklin richards . . . check

here is the answer, now let's not derail, this thread is supossed to be about jeen, but being honest ANXM is all about jeen (that's why I read it in first place)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Do you have an issue number or even a scan of the instance in X-Factor? Even her handbook bio doesn't say anything about post-graduate courses. I believe the uncited masters line on wiki is fan speculation. And I think there may have been one panel about her going back to finish her primary degree because she died before she could finish it in X-Factor.

Also, the reason I'm asking is because I'm re-reading X-Factor at the moment and I don't recall her going back to college for it at all in X-Factor. It was one crisis after the other with the Morlocks, X-Men deaths, Cable missing, being off planet, Archangel, Inferno etc...
    I was echoing what another poster said about Jean going to Columbia University I assumed he/she was being factual... Actually, it was Famke Janssen (Jean Grey, actress) who had gone to Columbia in real life. But, Jean Grey did go to Metro Collage in the books and if her Wiki entries all agree that she graduated (it must be in the pages somewhere), I'm more than willing to just run with that until I find the book(s) that proves it.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-17-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

I was echoing what another poster said about Jean going to Columbia University I assumed he/she was being factual... Actually, it was Famke Janssen (Jean Grey, actress) who had gone to Columbia in real life. But, Jean Grey did go to Metro Collage in the books and if her Wiki entries all agree that she graduated (it must be in the pages somewhere), I'm more than willing to just run with that until I find the book(s) that proves it.
    Found it, it's in X-Factor 5. It says here she's enrolled in night courses for a B.A. Psychology. And that's the last it's ever mentioned in X-Factor. I don't think she ever finished her degree that she started in psych in Metro college. And I don't recall the story ever being followed up from her saying she's enrolled in night classes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Found it, it's in X-Factor 5. It says here she's enrolled in night courses for a B.A. Psychology. And that's the last it's ever mentioned in X-Factor. I don't think she ever finished her degree that she started in psych in Metro college. And I don't recall the story ever being followed up from her saying she's enrolled in night classes.

Good find, thanks! I vote we all agree that her graduation(s) happened off-panel... After all, less believable events have and are never questioned...

Do you remember, Rogue and Sentry's secret love affair? Yeah, neither do I
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-17-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Do you remember, Rogue and Sentry's secret love affair? Yeah, neither do I
    Damn it!!! That's another one of those things we're just all supposed to agree to never speak of...so is Teen Tony for that matter...what is this thread coming to?

Marvel Girl iPod by Carlos Pacheco.

Quote Originally Posted by joe90 View Post
    Marvel Girl iPod by Carlos Pacheco.
    this is beautiful joe!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Damn it!!! That's another one of those things we're just all supposed to agree to never speak of...so is Teen Tony for that matter...what is this thread coming to?
    In defense of Jean's educational credentials... Someone had to say it