Page 1004 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 45049049549941000100110021003100410051006100710081014105411041504 ... LastLast
Results 15,046 to 15,060 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    As much I love Scott and Jean, and their my favorite characters. But I was never a Jott fan, even though when I was starting reading x-men they were still together and in good terms. Also, I was never a fan of the that love triangle with Logan, even though he got over it after fatal attractions was over. I blame Grant Morrison for bringing that back, sort of but anyway. I guess, I'm the only one person that I would of prefer for them to be with a normal human beings in the end. I mean wasn't the dream for them (well it was mostly Xavier dream) for human and mutant to coexist together peacefully. What better way for those two to set examples, but oh well.

Also, I don't mind if they get back together. I'm not against the Jott either.
    I can definitely appreciate this sentiment. However, I think Grant Morrison did a lot to really undermine the relationship and undercut the appeal it once had. Make no mistake. It did once have a lot more appeal. A big part of what made it so great, going all the way back to the early Chris Claremont days, was that theirs was a romance of real equals. It wasn't like Spider-Man and Mary Jane or Superman and Lois Lane in that they both had super powers. They both had lives as superheroes. They never hid their identities from one another. They fought alongside one another on the same team. By all accounts, it was one of the most balanced relationships in all of comics. However, Morrison really undercut that and for bad reasons. I get the sense he just didn't like the relationship and went out of his way to break it. If it wasn't Emma, then he would've found another character to do it. I would refer you to comics like X-men 95 #5 or X-Factor Forever to show why the Cyclops/Jean relationship has so much appeal and why it works so well.

While I'm not opposed to Cyclops and Jean seeking other romances, I do think that they complement each other better than almost any other romance in comics. That's what makes a good romance. At this point, I don't know how they could establish that kind of dynamic with any other character, human or mutant.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This versio has never been a couple and they kept away from starting anything up bc of the history they they learned their older counterparts endured. With that said, the chemistry is still there and they can only deny it for so long. I want to see them finally given in and give it a try. They arent shackled by destiny and thats always been a defining characteristic of Jean. The same fate doesnt necesarily need to happen to them and they shouldnt stay away of fear that it might. I like that the dynamic is different in that Jean is the lead character, the one thats been getting most of the development and driving story, as opposed to in the past when it was Scott. I think their relationship could be potrayed differently in an interesting way with her being more of a dominant force

I agree. I think being time displaced is a good opportunity for the Cyclops/Jean relationship to shed some of the complications that have undermined it in the past. Both characters have shown that they can do well on their own. Cyclops had his own solo series for a while. Jean is about to get one of her own. Even without one, she's proven that she's a great character in her own right in the various other X-books she's been in. I don't think she or Cyclops have anything left to prove in that respect. However, I do feel they complement each other in a unique way that helps make their romance so iconic. It's the complications surrounding that romance, including all the life, death, and love triangles, that really work against it.

The current situation gives them a chance to shed some of those burdens. Both Cyclops and Jean have seen a future where their adult selves die. They clearly don't want that future. They also see a future where they make their share of mistakes in their love lives. Emma Frost's recent descent into villainy is proof enough of that. Being time-displaced, they have a chance to rewrite how their relationship plays out. I think just avoiding it would be a mistake, one that undermines how well they complement one another. They really do make each other better, both as people and as heroes. If done right, they can recapture that spirit apart from all the love triangles and resurrections. I think in the long run, it'll be good for both of their characters. They're both solid, well-rounded characters as individuals. That's beyond dispute at this point. I think their relationship makes them even better and I hope that they find a way to reconnect in X-men Blue or whatever other future X-book they're in. Just my opinion.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I just read Uncanny Avengers #21, and I think Jeen is finally going to interact with Cable. Cable basically shut his mind so the Red Skull couldn't control him, and Synapse can't wake him up and asked who's the most powerful telepath out there and Johnny Storm says "Jean Grey."

Oh, and in the Mighty Thor the Phoenix Force finally shows up.
    I love the idea that when someone thinks of the most powerful telepath in the Marvel universe these days, they immediately think of Jean Grey. Not Emma Frost. Not Charles Xavier. Not Kid Omega. They think of Jean Grey. Something about that just seems so...right.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I love the idea that when someone thinks of the most powerful telepath in the Marvel universe these days, they immediately think of Jean Grey. Not Emma Frost. Not Charles Xavier. Not Kid Omega. They think of Jean Grey. Something about that just seems so...right.
    Yes, me too!

This is how it should be in 2017!

Well, to be fair, Charles is dead. Kid Omega is probably on par with Psylocke, but his true strength is in his TK which he can use like a Green Lantern ring. Emma meanwhile has the mutual exclusive thing with her diamond form and is hardly a person they'd go to given other choices. Jean's power level is mostly uncontested among the people they can actually use.

Despite her solo being called Jean Grey, Blue establishes that Jean is still called Marvel Girl. That's another reason for Rachel changing her codename to Prestige. It's not just about forging her own identity, but also making sure people don't confuse her for her Mom.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-16-2017 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    X-men blue will most likely inevitably tie into secret empire so look forward to that it'll probably only be for four issues though so July and August.
    Pannicia said that Emma new story will play into x-men blue

I love that Jeen is using Marvel Girl name. Fits her!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, to be fair, Charles is dead. Kid Omega is probably on par with Psylocke, but his true strength is in his TK which he can use like a Green Lantern ring. Emma meanwhile has the mutual exclusive thing with her diamond form and is hardly a person they'd go to given other choices. Jean's power level is mostly uncontested among the people they can actually use.

Despite her solo being called Jean Grey, Blue establishes that Jean is still called Marvel Girl. That's another reason for Rachel changing her codename to Prestige. It's not just about forging her own identity, but also making sure people don't confuse her for her Mom.
    when was the last time Rachel was even called Marvel Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Pannicia said that Emma new story will play into x-men blue
    that makes sense bc out of the 3 teams, Blue is the only one that I think would see Emma as a villian. Scott hates her and Magneto wasnt too fond of what she did to him in IvX. They'd go after her if she crossed paths with them whereas I cant see the others really caring to take her out. The rest of Blue would follow Magneto and Scott's lead here

Re: Preview

Jean Grey "Marvel Girl"
    Telepathy
    Telekinesis
    Team Leader
    About Damn Time

Hmmm...This could make things between her and Scott real interesting.

Yes, Jean and Scott broke-up (or maybe not: who know what would have happened if Jean hadn't died). But, strickly from the characters' point of view, make no mistake: Jean (or Scott) would never have gave-up all the years they had together for anything. When they were together, they were everything to each others. That's how it was described during many years. Even if they ended-up not loving each others anymore (which wasn't the case), they would never have wanted that those years together had never happened.

Ultimate Member

Well you have to remember that Xavier has been dead for a while now so that's a big reason why he's not listed as the top telepath at the moment, now if Jean was the grown up version...it would be fun to see grown up Jean meet teen Jean and maybe have a different point of view than teen Jean, maybe that yeah there was trouble and such in her past but it's made her who she is today and all...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

C7CDy5dXEAEu2AI.jpg

Jean Grey by Victor Ibanez.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

did u guys see the preview of the new xtraordinary comming? looks good
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I just saw another variant cover for x-men blue, but for some reason the pic is not showing up. It's a remastered cover of Jim Lee with the REAL ORIGINAL X-Men.

Edit: Found one.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 03-16-2017 at 02:27 PM.

I'm loving all these Jean stuff. Thanks for posting guys.

Why can't this be a cartoon. I can hear their voices. Who would voice Jean?

posted by juan678
    First X-Lady