Page 105 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 555951011021031041051061071081091151552056051105 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by jutcher View Post
    She accidentally turns out into the Hulk and still get new outfit. Loved this mask.
    Sure its Jean ? Isn't it her feet at the bottom of the page ? lol

I thought there was some other picture or material about her going Hulk recently. I dont follow it at all though, so I can't really say.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Sure its Jean ? Isn't it her feet at the bottom of the page ? lol
    I guess so. She turned She-Hulk at the end of the last issue. Although her ​​hair is with a different tone. lol

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    I thought there was some other picture or material about her going Hulk recently. I dont follow it at all though, so I can't really say.
    Yes. From Savage Hulk #2:

I am not sure I want to read something like that....

Yes, she was Xavier first student because he started to teach her to control her telepathy (at age of 11) before having to blocking it. He also started to teach her to use TK since she was 13 and he asked her parent to enroll her to the Xavier's School. But he didn't made her join the school until he collected 4 more students. The other X-men don't know about that (at least at first). The anniversary party is for her first year of officialy joining the X-Men and coming to live at the school (in UXM1 #1).

Most of it is mentioned in the official Marvel Universe Wiki and Marvel Wikia.
    I guess we read that scene in very different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I guess we read that scene in very different ways.
    The anniversary scene ? How different ? Xavier says it's because "their class started 1 year ago". Not sure how it can be read differently. No class started before the 5 X-men were gathered (even if the guys already started training before Jean joined).

Anyway, not sure what's the problem... You prefer to think that the O5 were taken to the present a few weeks after they were gathered instead of 1 year ? That doesn't make any sense... They obviously trained and battled together for sometime (there is a comment about how good the O5 fight together). They obviously know each other well and Jean/Scott had time to develop sentiments toward each others (see the letter that Scott is writing to Jean in that scene).

One year, put them right after they graduated from Xavier School. Still pretty young but no novice anymore.

They know they have things to learn from the adults but its also clearly show, all along ANX, that they have their own opinions, that they will consider things for themselves and wont blindly obey what their current versions order. Again, wouldn't make any sense if it was only a few weeks after they meet and started training.

Quote Originally Posted by jutcher View Post
    Yes. From Savage Hulk #2:

I am not sure I want to read something like that....
    How could anyone not want to read about a hulked out Jean Grey? The concept itself it too awesome to ignore.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

A Hulked out Jean Grey is about the only one of the 05 that could make that kind of story interesting, with the exception maybe of Warren just for the visuals that would produce.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    How could anyone not want to read about a hulked out Jean Grey? The concept itself it too awesome to ignore.
    I'm with you. I think it could be very interesting.

"Argh! Must...not give...into...rage!!! ARRGGHHH!!! Must change outfits first!"

That design is kind of like what evil Maddie wore.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

The anniversary scene ? How different ? Xavier says it's because "their class started 1 year ago". Not sure how it can be read differently. No class started before the 5 X-men were gathered (even if the guys already started training before Jean joined).

Anyway, not sure what's the problem... You prefer to think that the O5 were taken to the present a few weeks after they were gathered instead of 1 year ? That doesn't make any sense... They obviously trained and battled together for sometime (there is a comment about how good the O5 fight together). They obviously know each other well and Jean/Scott had time to develop sentiments toward each others (see the letter that Scott is writing to Jean in that scene).

One year, put them right after they graduated from Xavier School. Still pretty young but no novice anymore.

They know they have things to learn from the adults but its also clearly show, all along ANX, that they have their own opinions, that they will consider things for themselves and wont blindly obey what their current versions order. Again, wouldn't make any sense if it was only a few weeks after they meet and started training.
    Like i said you and me read the things very different, because to me, the "one year since our class began" sounds kind-of ambiguous, "our class" could mean the x-men or just him and jean, after all, he was in love with her too.
    And if really a year elapsed in just eight issues, i guess that the things were more paceful back then; nowdays, the x-men get attacked at least once a week.
    And, how long i know, the clases didnt start in X-men #1, anyways.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 08-06-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Like i said you and me read the things very different, because to me, the "one year since our class began" sounds kind-of ambiguous, "our class" could mean the x-men or just him and jean, after all, he was in love with her too.
    And if really a year elapsed in just eight issues, i guess that the things were more paceful back then; nowdays, the x-men get attacked at least once a week.
    And, how long i know, the clases didnt start in X-men #1, anyways.
    lol ok, whatever.

- Uncanny X-Men #1: Xavier : "Within that vehicle is a new pupil... a most attractive youg lady"
    A new pupil... not an old one.

- Uncanny X-Men #1: Jean : "I was to tell no one but my parents that I'm coming here... And you didn't describe the course of study".
    Obviously Jean hasn't already started the "study"...

- First page of Uncanny X-Men #6 : Warren : "This is the first time I've seen Cyclops smile in months".
    So it's already "months" and not a a few weeks.

- Last page of Uncanny X-Men #5 : Xavier : "Remember. This is a school! And you can't graduate from any school without passing your final exam! Well, you've all just taken your final exam.. just as I planned it! And I'm proud to say that you've all passed with flying colors! (....) Your training period is over!!"

You know many schools that you graduate from after 3 weeks ???

- They hold a party because its 1 year that Jean joined the X-Men. If it was not 1 year but 3 weeks, don't you think the others would be like "uh??" ?

So yes, it's clearly established that between issue 1 and issue 8, there was exactly 1 year since the group was formed. Not sure what you find so surprising about it.

I rest my case.

lol ok, whatever.

- Uncanny X-Men #1: Xavier : "Within that vehicle is a new pupil... a most attractive youg lady"
    A new pupil... not an old one.
    Well, is not like he would introduce her as an old pupil, given that the O5 were the first students of that school.

- Uncanny X-Men #1: Jean : "I was to tell no one but my parents that I'm coming here... And you didn't describe the course of study".
    Obviously Jean hasn't already started the "study"...
    Well, i think is because private tutoring in your home is different from a formal course in serious institution.

- First page of Uncanny X-Men #6 : Warren : "This is the first time I've seen Cyclops smile in months".
    So it's already "months" and not a a few weeks.

- Last page of Uncanny X-Men #5 : Xavier : "Remember. This is a school! And you can't graduate from any school without passing your final exam! Well, you've all just taken your final exam.. just as I planned it! And I'm proud to say that you've all passed with flying colors! (....) Your training period is over!!"

You know many schools that you graduate from after 3 weeks ???

- They hold a party because its 1 year that Jean joined the X-Men. If it was not 1 year but 3 weeks, don't you think the others would be like "uh??" ?

So yes, it's clearly established that between issue 1 and issue 8, there was exactly 1 year since the group was formed. Not sure what you find so surprising about it.

I rest my case.
    Maybe because i only had been interested in comics since 2007, and the first comic i ever read was AvX ?.

So if Jean was the last to join the x-men, and by the time beast took them, it has been already a year, how long the other 4 have been the professor's students ?.

Issue #1's dialogue is very awkward in retrospect, as it was well established that Jean and the Professor had a student-teacher relationship well before the X-Men. She knew him, knew what mutant was, and should have a decent inkling of what she was getting into by going to Charles' school.

So if we read all that into her introductory scene, we're left to conclude that either:

A) Chuck did something to her memories so she could have a "legit" introduction to mutant kind.

or

B) She and Charles are putting on a show for the boys' benefit.

Knowing what Charles is like neither option is that far fetched.