Page 11 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast

It is rather epic, isn't it? I suppose when a word becomes so ubiquitous it starts being used to describe haircuts it's time to break out the ol' thesaurus.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    I love this picture! Do any of you know who the artist is?
    Joe Zierman. He doesn't appear to have much mainstream work, although his pinterest page says he's done lots of indie work.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=13514
    http://www.pinterest.com/joezierman

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Jean's badassery definitely comes in different flavors from your more typical "hard core" female character. Take your prototype Claremazon Storm: her defining moment of badassery came when she was willing to stab Callisto to death through the heart in a one-on-one match for the lives of the X-Men. She did it because it had to be done and walked away without blinking an eye.

When Jean loses her temper she generally doesn't go that route, but when she does it's still impressive. Her approach to killing is a little more atypical as well. Consider this little scene.
    I just don't like the term "badass" in general because at this point, it's so overused that it's completely lost any meaning. I hate to use TVTropes as a reference, but if you look at any of their character pages, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who isn't described as a "badass" in some capacity.
    Fair points. I was just saying its important to me that she still does awesome things of some sort, however that is defined, while also agreeing she is far from typical "badass" in that regard.

Dunno if anyone's picked up No More Humans, but Jean ends up being a pretty big part of it. I'll see if I can get a review thread up soon.

On topic, Jean's my favorite more because of who she is than for her power feats. Don't get me wrong, those are always a treat... but it's much more about how she's a really great person underneath all of that, the foundation that keeps her as a positive force.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriena View Post
    Dunno if anyone's picked up No More Humans, but Jean ends up being a pretty big part of it. I'll see if I can get a review thread up soon.

On topic, Jean's my favorite more because of who she is than for her power feats. Don't get me wrong, those are always a treat... but it's much more about how she's a really great person underneath all of that, the foundation that keeps her as a positive force.
    I haven't yet, but im looking forward to. Is it good?

You are absolutely right that its all about character. The only reason someone cares about feats of power or awesome moments is because they are invested in that character. I could watch someone from the FF (or something else ive never read) do something amazing and go "meh", as I wouldn't be invested. Where as if Jean were to do that exact same thing, id be pumped.

Without great character behind it all, everything else is meaningless.

Is No More Humans offered digitally? I'd rather not buy a hard copy.

Is No More Humans offered digitally? I'd rather not buy a hard copy.
    Yes, it is offered digitally. But it isn't cheap. It was about $25 bucks when I bought it. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I've heard good things. I just wouldn't expect it to have too great an impact on All New X-men. Bendis answered a question recently on his Tumblr and he said he had no involvement at all with No More Humans. So chances are it's not going to affect his book. I'm okay with that since he has Jean going in an interesting direction at the moment.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Just checked Amazon. The Kindle version is currently $14 which isn't too bad. I'm curious because while I haven't seen real spoilers I've heard:

spoilers:
    The the original Dark Phoenix makes an appearance
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yes, it is offered digitally. But it isn't cheap. It was about $25 bucks when I bought it. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I've heard good things. I just wouldn't expect it to have too great an impact on All New X-men. Bendis answered a question recently on his Tumblr and he said he had no involvement at all with No More Humans. So chances are it's not going to affect his book. I'm okay with that since he has Jean going in an interesting direction at the moment.
    I saw the Bendis thing, but given Ariwl1's spoiler (which I unfortunately heard yesterday as well), im curious how that could just be ignored throughout ANXM. One would think that has to come into play at some point and can't simply be forgotten considering all the lingering questions.

One thing of note, all he said was he wasn't a part of it and hasn't read it. I find it unlikely he wouldn't at least have a rough idea of what happens with "his" characters during it.

Then again, if further exploration of that is a long ways off, he could always work it in to his material in the future.

Given the nature of the story and how alternate world like it is I think it's possible the whole thing will end up as having never happened by the end of it. The characters probably won't even remember it so they'll be back to whatever position they were to begin with. Since both Nightcrawler and Rogue make appearances it's debatable when this whole thing is even taking place.

Given the nature of the story and how alternate world like it is I think it's possible the whole thing will end up as having never happened by the end of it. The characters probably won't even remember it so they'll be back to whatever position they were to begin with. Since both Nightcrawler and Rogue make appearances it's debatable when this whole thing is even taking place.
    A fair point.
    Even if it were meant to be canon, and this particular event seems like it couldn't be completely ignored for inevitable future content in ANXM, Bendis could still very easily ignore it to continue on his own story he is planning.

Bryan Singer confirmed Jean on X-men: Apocalypse: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=99626

it seems that another actress will interpret it, which is great.

That is pretty sweet, though I question how much it will matter. In other words is the series shifting in that direction, or are they just throwaway characters on the side.

I suspect they would just stick with the Fassbender/Lawrence/McAvoy heavyweights.

Review/Summary thing is up.

Spoilers for people who want to want them here:

spoilers:
    The Dark Phoenix that shows up isn't the original one, but from an alternate reality where Mastermind never lost control of her.

Jean (the teen one) has a neat moment where she manages to bubble the team when they get transported into space, keeping them alive while the rest of them figure a way out.

Later, she's the one who confronts and stops the Phoenix, and actually gets caught up in it for a while herself. She manages to help guide it (with a bit of persuasion from little Hank) to restore the planet. She drops out of the Phoenix at the end, shaken up but completely herself.

Basically the door is open if Bendis wants to use the story as background in his book, and he can gloss over or ignore it if he wants as well.

Fun note: the statue of Jean at the Jean Grey School has her in her Phoenix outfit in this, not the Marvel Girl one.
    end of spoilers

Glad that Jean's showing up in the next movie. I almost wonder if part of Days is going to be a moment where Logan tells Xavier to help her before she's too far gone (the way he found her in X3), averting that future... would be nice. Hopefully the new actress can handle the role well! Famke did a pretty good job with what she was given, I think, but someone new could help to split it from the mess that the original trilogy turned Jean into.

Edit: Bonus fun part in the spoilers that I forgot to mention.
    Last edited by Seriena; 05-08-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Couldn't resist reading since I already had the big moment spoiled. I wish it would have been better than a "get out of jail free card", which is what it sounds like, but im still gonna be happy to see it all.