BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    That's what I'm hoping. And I'm a little relieved that Bunn is taking care of that.
    Maybe adult Jean will be like "Girl you have phoenix blood, just embrace it and rock the universe."

BANNED

By we know about some of the guest characters Jean will end up interacting with, but what villains do you guys want to see her fight?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Maybe adult Jean will be like "Girl you have phoenix blood, just embrace it and rock the universe."

Bunn doing the Jean Grey one shot is a relief.

As for the O5... I wonder how a book featuring the adventures of the adult O5 would fare? I worked well with X-Factor. All the drama existing between the adult O5 would be epic and awesome to see unfold.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Epic. 10char.

I love his Jean! And seeing today's XMB, I like Molina's Jean too. I'm glad with how she's being portrayed on this look, if only someone else could do the XMB covers...

Also, about the Phoenix thing: Yeah. I hope Hopeless means this as only how Jean sees it instead of how the Phoenix Force really is. And IDK if whatever Bunn does on Generations is gonna matter anyway when it comes to that, as Hopeless usually ignores other people's works.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 04-26-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I love his Jean! And seeing today's XMB, I like Molina's Jean too. I'm glad with how she's being portrayed on this look, if only someone else could do the XMB covers...

Also, about the Phoenix thing: Yeah. I hope Hopeless means this as only how Jean sees it instead of how the Phoenix Force really is. And IDK if whatever Bunn does on Generations is gonna matter anyway when it comes to that, as Hopeless usually ignores other people's works.
    Yeah. I wonder about Art Adams doing all the covers so far. On the one hand, I want to see Molina do a cover, but on the other hand, I kinda like that the first, say, 12 covers are done by one artist. There's a consistency to it.

Regarding Bunn/Hopeless, it was interesting to me that it was implied that Bunn wanted writing duties on it because of what he's doing with her on Blue. And since Blue is sorta the "real" Jeen in that he definitely will have her past the one year point (Solo may not last past that) then I think it's better. In other words, what Bunn establishes in Generations has a greater chance of "sticking" than Hopeless (whose story is probably more self contained, and, thus, easier to ignore). That said, either could just do a one and done with Generations regardless.

BANNED

Yeah. I wonder about Art Adams doing all the covers so far. On the one hand, I want to see Molina do a cover, but on the other hand, I kinda like that the first, say, 12 covers are done by one artist. There's a consistency to it.

Regarding Bunn/Hopeless, it was interesting to me that it was implied that Bunn wanted writing duties on it because of what he's doing with her on Blue. And since Blue is sorta the "real" Jeen in that he definitely will have her past the one year point (Solo may not last past that) then I think it's better. In other words, what Bunn establishes in Generations has a greater chance of "sticking" than Hopeless (whose story is probably more self contained, and, thus, easier to ignore). That said, either could just do a one and done with Generations regardless.
    I'm hoping for as long a run as possible with Jean's solo. I think it's definitely a premise that is very personal for her as opposed to some of the other premises for solos, which is great.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be crazy if she somehow ended up collecting remanant phoenix pieces from these various people and ends up fulfilling her own destiny? Inuyasha style.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

What's "Redheaded Major?" I'm assuming a character of some kind. lol

MAJOR Motoko Kusanagi from "Ghost in the Shell" (consider it a favor that I didn't use a pic of Scar-Jo in the role from the Hollywood live-action adaptation, even if I liked it)
    If you must know, this is one of the major anime titles that caused me to drift away from following Marvel Comics in the mid-late 90's to focus on Japanese pop culture.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Maybe it's like a journey to slay it at the beginning because she doesn't fully understand it yet or all the good that has come out of it. She's saved her friends, the universe, timelines as Phoenix. While a lot of the people she's going to talk to have only had brief experiences with it, and not in a good capacity like Thor and Namor. So her view may be tainted for a while.

She's going to learn a lot from adult Jean in Generations, I'm hoping...
    Hopeless referred to Jean as the most powerful Phoenix host, but Rachel as the most successful. So while she'll certainly be tainted by people who have negative experiences with it, the person with the most positive experience will be there to inform her.

BANNED

By we know about some of the guest characters Jean will end up interacting with, but what villains do you guys want to see her fight?
    Selene. Loki. Shadow King. Goblin Queen/Maddie. Gamesmaster. Hand. AIM. Hydra. Bastion/Nimrod.

BANNED

I'm hoping for as long a run as possible with Jean's solo. I think it's definitely a premise that is very personal for her as opposed to some of the other premises for solos, which is great.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be crazy if she somehow ended up collecting remanant phoenix pieces from these various people and ends up fulfilling her own destiny? Inuyasha style.
    It's not at all crazy and maybe that's the angle they are going for. Otherwise why have two major appearances of the Phoenix at the same time, in Thor and in Thanos.

Fantastic Member

Jeen crying after peaking into Mag's mind was so Jean-ish. I really liked that moment.

Blue continues to deliver. Can I just say how happy I am that Jean is with Bunn/Blue? I feel like we dodged a (Gold) bullet.
    I concur.

When it was first revealed that bunn would be writing jean in xmb I felt a huge sense of relief.

Bunn (imo) is clearly being groomed to be the main steward of the x franchise. Not only is he the superior x writer right now (imo) but he also has the potential to make xmb and it's cast the defacto "main" x roster for years to come.

Hopefully he keeps the momentum going and can cement the 05 as the premiere xmen team. Of course still time has to tell what will happen but I think he's capable of taking the team to important places.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

So awesome, Jeen is really looking like a teenager.even hair is good here