BANNED

The way I see it, the Phoenix has always had pretty ill-defined powers that are subject to very loose interpretation, so that while Jean's power can be scaled up to take on almost any foe, they are also unreliable and prone to backfiring, in which case she doesn't stand much of a chance given her slight build and limited fighting ability. This is useful for story purposes, since she will often find herself trapped and in dire peril, but always with the ability to pull herself out when her powers flare up again later in the story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The way I see it, the Phoenix has always had pretty ill-defined powers that are subject to very loose interpretation, so that while Jean's power can be scaled up to take on almost any foe, they are also unreliable and prone to backfiring, in which case she doesn't stand much of a chance given her slight build and limited fighting ability. This is useful for story purposes, since she will often find herself trapped and in dire peril, but always with the ability to pull herself out when her powers flare up again later in the story.
    Reminds me of the first issue where Jean as Phoenix battled Magneto. And even in the snow afterwards, where she is dying in Beast's arms, but suddenly awakens (at Scott's name?) and is fully re-energized again.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Gladiator has no psionic powers and Oracle is a weak telepath. Yet Jean took out the entire Imperial Guard.

Also "they" are really irrelevant. Thanks to the Disney/Marvel movies's cosmic scale threats, the cosmic is back in a huge way in Marvel. And of course Fox is doing X-Men: Dark Phoenix. The Phoenix will always be a huge part of who Jean is. Not the only part, mind you, but a significant part.
    Jean was around a lot of powerful people.

I wasn't implying she needs to be around psychics or powerful psychics. Just that being around one being with a strong psychic energy or around lots of people with superpowers (low/average psychic energy) give the same effect. In other words everyone has some level of psychic energy and the more she's around the stronger she can be.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Reminds me of the first issue where Jean as Phoenix battled Magneto. And even in the snow afterwards, where she is dying in Beast's arms, but suddenly awakens (at Scott's name?) and is fully re-energized again.
    I think it was stated when Moira was running tests on phenix, that Jean had placed blocks on the amount of power she could use because she was wary of the power.
    It would explain why they could match her up against people like Galactus, Firelord, Terrax, and then have her lose to Proteus, magneto or be controlled by mesmero and mastermind.
    Like in uncanny X-men first class where Phoenix was struggling to hold up billions of tons, but in dark Phoenix saga she was able to pull asteroids down from space and throw down a building weighing billions of tons, an other weaker Phoenix hosts can throw planets.

If she was reducing and blocking her powers, it would explain th moments of weakness in low level fights she should easily win.

https://m.imgur.com/XKCxdSK

Preview for Generations:The Phoenix
    I feel cheated, only one page
    Thor had like 4 pages
    Others had like 3 or 5

Still
    JEEEEEEEAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

Thor had like 4 pages
    Others had like 3 or 5

Still
    JEEEEEEEAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!
    I know! I read last night. Means that it's going to be the best one!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I know! I read last night. Means that it's going to be the best one!!! Lol
    Yes! I have a feeling this is the best of this one shots and the one I'll enjoy most. I'm only going to read the one for Thor, Logan and hulk out of mild interest.
    I mean
    Teen Jean, Phoenix and Galactus!
    Phoenix beating Terrax easily (in the one of the wordless previews )
    The reappearance of Pink Mode (which I suddenly miss after its absence since 2015)
    Yeah, I can see why they don't want to spill the dialogue

Thor had like 4 pages
    Others had like 3 or 5

Still
    JEEEEEEEAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!
    You know that's how they do us lol

I want adult Jean to teach young Jean some TP/TK skills before they depart.
    First X-Lady

Did Jean pop up in Astonishing? I remember reading that there was something attacking the psychics world wide.
    First X-Lady

Looks great but the "simplification" of Jean's history leave me a little perplex: On one side they seem to consider that Jean was Phoenix and they ignore the retcon. On the other they seem to be ignoring that Jean had a life after the Dark Phoenix Saga. Whatever Jean was Phoenix, whatever she died at the end of the DFS or was healing in the cocoon, she still lived many years after that. I am not sure what they want Jean's history to be now (not even counting the time displaced O5 stuff lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Looks great but the "simplification" of Jean's history leave me a little perplex: On one side they seem to consider that Jean was Phoenix and they ignore the retcon. On the other they seem to be ignoring that Jean had a life after the Dark Phoenix Saga. Whatever Jean was Phoenix, whatever she died at the end of the DFS or was healing in the cocoon, she still lived many years after that. I am not sure what they want Jean's history to be now (not even counting the time displaced O5 stuff lol)
    The retcon has been retconned to have been Jean. And Benids even in ANXM went ahead and retconned it again to be Jean, as in no clone/phoenix.

But it's Bendis, so I'm sure he doesn't care what he wrote nor remembers it

Thor had like 4 pages
    Others had like 3 or 5

Still
    JEEEEEEEAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!
    I don't care if it's just one page. I don't care if it doesn't reveal much. It's still a sight to behold. Can't wait to get my hands on this. Will definitely have a special place in my collection.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Did Jean pop up in Astonishing? I remember reading that there was something attacking the psychics world wide.
    No, but Psylocke mentioned her when she said they have to stop the Shadow King before he gets to more powerful psychics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    The retcon has been retconned to have been Jean. And Benids even in ANXM went ahead and retconned it again to be Jean, as in no clone/phoenix.

But it's Bendis, so I'm sure he doesn't care what he wrote nor remembers it
    No, the recon wasn't retconned away before Bendis ANXM. And even during ANXM it wasn't really canceled: It was more like Bendis glossed over the details because that wasn't the main part of his story.

Anyway, as I said, whatever Phoenix was Jean or a copy of her, it doesn't change the fact that, several years later, Jean was alive, she married Scott, she raised Nathan in the future and she became the White Phoenix of the Crown. That preview, like some of the stuff in Jean's solo, make it sound like Jean didn't lived for many years after the DFS.

I've been away again so trying to catch up on the thread. Lots been happening being said, although most if it repetitious and people likening their own voices again, bless em! Why can't people just agree to differ, or at keast know when to stop.

My 2 Lenny worthy, Jean was always strongev than Emma, Jean has raw power but nit much skill but is kearning fast.! Emma was premier telepath cigs Jean, Charles abd Betsy were mostly out of the picture. Fir me, Emma can do things Heans do, or would not do. Emma is harsher, less ethical abd us prepared to fight dirty
    , which sometimes gives her the edge. It doesn't necessarily come down to power or skill levels but individual choice of how to use that power. But fir m e Jean will always win. People talked about Emma's mind swap device when she took over Stirms body way way Back ariund UXM 150 ish. I akwats thought that was more about hpgetting Ororos mind swapped to Emma's body, nit Emma putting her consciousness into another's body. Emma did it to Icenan without any device. I don't feel the need to downplay Emma's abilities, to make Jean loom better, it really is not needed. Jean is just a way classier telepath.

I.e. Just read Jean Grey 4. Birth the voices of Odinson and esp Jeen seemed way off, and just not right. More abd more Jeen ckearly is not Jean. I know Jeen needs to be written firva modren audience to 'relate' butvreally how is anything she said or how she said it reminiscent of Jean.

I also do t quitecget the idea if her avoiding her fate anymore, she c,early cantvkill D'Bari again, she won't be seduced by Jason and Emma afain, she has so much more insight than Jean so she knows what to avoid. I really wish Jeen would kearning of the good Phoenix did, but also the good Phoenix still does. AvX realy stuffed up on that, but Phoenix if force fir change as wel, nit stagnation. She may be brutal with it though.

Phoenix us treated as either evil, or at the very keast amoral with its various hosts giving it a human or moral perspective. Phoenix / Phoenix Firce has been changed by so many writers, there is no consistency. But Jean as Phoenix was a force fir good and saved the Universe. When is someone going to tell Jeen that. Does the Jeen meeting Jean (art looks gorgeous, damn I miss Jean, I prefer the art pre colouring too), but does it take place afterJean Grey series? So much Hean, but it feels Narvel trying to get heir monies worth. But Jeen s biggest stories are akwats being linked to Phoenix, Until they stop doing this Jeen will akwats be defined by her relationship with her adult self or Lhoenix, in a way that isn't happening with the ither O5. Move Jeen in from this please, it's getting old.