Thanks for the info guys. I kinda hope Lorna sticks around.
    First X-Lady

Jean makes an appearance in Astonishing X-Men. Not sure if I can recommend this issue, if your a Jott fan.

IIRC there was a "what's next" in Blue with Professor X. I think Astonishing just set up that plot. The O5 makes a cameo in Astonishing as well sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Jean makes an appearance in Astonishing X-Men. Not sure if I can recommend this issue, if your a Jott fan.

IIRC there was a "what's next" in Blue with Professor X. I think Astonishing just set up that plot. The O5 makes a cameo in Astonishing as well sort of.
    The astral plane and the allucinations ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    The astral plane and the allucinations ?.
    Yes. On both.

Also, Rogue said that Jamie, Jean, and Scott might be real... In the astral plane.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yes. On both.

Also, Rogue said that Jamie, Jean, and Scott might be real... In the astral plane.
    Could you tell us what happens regarding Jean's appearance in the spoiler tags? I'm not picking up Astonishing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Could you tell us what happens regarding Jean's appearance in the spoiler tags? I'm not picking up Astonishing at the moment.

spoilers:
    OML, Rogue, Gambit, Fantomex, and Mystique go to the astral plane to find the shadow king. You see Scott and Emma together but its the homage to the cover uncanny x-men 137, and you see the Phoenix force behind Scott and Emma while Emma is wearing the Phoenix costume (the white one). Logan says that something is wrong with that image, and then all the sudden Jean (Adult) is next to Logan, and she kisses him and he embraces it. But the shadow king is doing that to him. But Professor X helps Logan to break free and then he stabs her. Fantomex says that these guys are dead, but Rogue says that everything that dies might be alive in the astral plane.
    end of spoilers

Jean does have some dialog in there, but I think its not that important.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 08-16-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Solid issue for Jean in Blue. If you're a Jott fan, it looks like Bunn is doing more to set up them as a couple as they have an interesting development in this issue.
    That sounds promising as a jott fan.
    As an aside, does anyone remember when Jean develops telepathy? In the 60s Jean only had telekinesis I believe.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

spoilers:
    OML, Rogue, Gambit, Fantomex, and Mystique go to the astral plane to find the shadow king. You see Scott and Emma together but its the homage to the cover uncanny x-men 137, and you see the Phoenix force behind Scott and Emma while Emma is wearing the Phoenix costume (the white one). Logan says that something is wrong with that image, and then all the sudden Jean (Adult) is next to Logan, and she kisses him and he embraces it. But the shadow king is doing that to him. But Professor X helps Logan to break free and then he stabs her. Fantomex says that these guys are dead, but Rogue says that everything that dies might be alive in the astral plane.
    end of spoilers

Jean does have some dialog in there, but I think its not that important.
    Ah, okay. Thanks for for the breakdown. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    As an aside, does anyone remember when Jean develops telepathy? In the 60s Jean only had telekinesis I believe.
    Well, she had the mental block on her telepathy put on by the Professor; but when the O5 arrived to the present, those blocks on her mind were destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    As dragonmp93 said, in the original comic, Jean TP was blocked by Xavier. The block went away about when she got the mini-skirt costume I think. Jeen's TP came back earlier, right after she traveled to the present at the begining of ANXM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I kinda hope Lorna sticks around.
    I do too. I think O5 Jean can actually learn something from Lorna. For one, she knows what it's like to date a Summers. Second, she also has some insight into what it's like to be tormented by all sorts of conflicting influences. She has her father, X-Factor, the X-men, and so many others pulling her in so many different directions. I think she can help Jean deal with what she's going through too. Hope she gets that chance.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Gee, seems that a lot of you don't believe Jean Grey deserved a solo or that rather lengthy one shot.
    For me, she needs a quality solo, that is consistent with at the very least how her powers and characterisation has been seen in other comics..... which we are not getting. Jeen is not even Jeen let alone Jean, the Phoenix voice is all wrong, and she seems ineffective I use of her powers. ANXM, X v I etc all had her doing incredible feats.....

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    As dragonmp93 said, in the original comic, Jean TP was blocked by Xavier. The block went away about when she got the mini-skirt costume I think. Jeen's TP came back earlier, right after she traveled to the present at the begining of ANXM.
    Actually that was a massive retcon. Initially Jean was only telekinetic, and she git telepathy when Prifessir X 'died'. The whole keeping her telepathy under control was invented much later. It was a good retcon, but still not what was portrayed at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Actually that was a massive retcon. Initially Jean was only telekinetic, and she git telepathy when Prifessir X 'died'. The whole keeping her telepathy under control was invented much later. It was a good retcon, but still not what was portrayed at the time.
    Well, are talking about the actual old comics ?, or the X-men's past ?.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

It was great seeing Jean put Emma in her place in today's x-men blue #9.