I guess jean now is younger than emma, storm, polaris, bobby, colossus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That just overly complicates things. When she came back the last time, she was portrayed as being the same age as she would have been and I expect the same, especially since there is a young version of her running around.
    Not really. I'm not saying that her time in the cocoon de-aged her 10 years. She could have regained a year or two and when she came out of the cocoon she would hardly notice that physically her body is 22 years old instead of 24. The same could apply again especially since she used the Sun to bring herself back in New X-Men 149/50, so that influx of energy could have rendered her younger somehow as well. It's not impossible especially not with Marvel science. Not to mention, as Phoenix her body is composed of pure energy so who says she even ages.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post

I guess jean now is younger than emma, storm, polaris, bobby, colossus.
    Everyone is younger than Emma. She's in her mid-late 40s during the The Dark Phoenix Saga.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I never understood why people have such an issue with having their heroes aging. There is nothing wrong with getting older
    I don't have an issue with it. Marvel does, though.

Oh - and to add to it, it's only been two years since the Morrison era, approximately. Based on the new Runaways #1.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Didn't Emma say she was 27 in New X-Men?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Didn't Emma say she was 27 in New X-Men?
    She says a lot of things. Do you really think a woman who relies on as much plastic surgery, hair dye, and psychic illusions as she does, would ever admit her real age? Anyway, if you look at interviews and notes by John Byrne, he makes it very clear that she was supposed to be senior to the X-Men and in the age range of Charles, Magneto, and Sebastian. She was also described as flat-chested which I find hilarious considering now.

Yep!

But...

What people envisioned for the character doesn't exactly reflect what was put on page, I'm pretty sure Emma is not 40+ on DPS.

If jean join the avengers, what about a team like this.

Or even better

Edit: by the way, i'm not sure why i not annoying by the news that maybe she will join the avengers, because believe me i don't like none of them, and worst after of AvX.. but, then i'm not sure, quite strange.
    Last edited by jorge17881; 09-18-2017 at 09:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What people envisioned for the character doesn't exactly reflect what was put on page, I'm pretty sure Emma is not 40+ on DPS.
    Well this is how Claremont wrote the character for his run. And how Byrne designed her. Emma was 40+ for what many consider the definitive X-Men years. And if you consider the people she used to hang around most with (Magneto, Sebastian, Selene, and even Charles as her rival when it comes to headmaster of a school) that should tell you something. I'm not familiar with her Gen X days but she might have been slowly aged down then, but it wasn't until Morrison that she became 27. A clear lie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    If jean join the avengers, what about a team like this.

Or even better
    I always loved her interactions with Reed, Sue, Steve, and Hercules here. Throw in Jen and Johnny as well even if they didn't meet her. Namor as well and maybe Monica too.

Fantastic Member

Ya'll are understimating her age. She's at least mid 30s and that doesnt even take into account the 12 years she spent in the future raising Cable
    When I was a kid ask the age of Jean and Scott to Marvel, (during the time of Morrison) and they told me that they were between the ages of 33 and 35 physically and 20 years older mentally.

BANNED

If Jean does join the Avengers she really needs to be pulling double duty like Wolverine did for all those years, so she could be part of the flagship Avengers title while simultaneously headlining the main X-Men book and a solo of her own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I don't have an issue with it. Marvel does, though.

Oh - and to add to it, it's only been two years since the Morrison era, approximately. Based on the new Runaways #1.
    But not based on other issues. There is no way to time how much time passed since the Morrison era and Marvel doesn't have an official time keeper like that. You're just essentially obsessing over something that can't really be proven or disproven, and Runaways 1 isn't a bible for the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    If Jean does join the Avengers she really needs to be pulling double duty like Wolverine did for all those years, so she could be part of the flagship Avengers title while simultaneously headlining the main X-Men book and a solo of her own.
    In my dreams this would happen. She has over a decade of lost time to make up for.
    First X-Lady