Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Marvel.com has an interview with Rosenberg about Phoenix Resurrection.

https://news.marvel.com/comics/75179...eternal-flame/

Getting to use the X-Men, all of them, is a huge one. Getting to explore her relationships with them, showing how they react to certain things, what things mean to them
    getting all giddy reading that.

To be honest I like 'No More Humans' for that 1 page interaction between Storm and Jean alone. Another example of this is the Nightcrawler solo where he sees Jean's ghost and has a nice moment with her. Even Bendis was able to give us some nice moments between Kitty/Jean.

Which is one of my biggest disappointments with this solo, she is getting to meet all these colorful individuals in the MU and she doesn't actually interact with them in a level that matters.

So I'm glad that there's someone on board that understands how powerful this interactions are and how beloved Jean is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Sorry but nothing gross about that...some seem to be upset that Jean and Logan are married with a kid and the sky isn't falling...
    I am definitely a Cyclops/Jean relationship fan (my second favorite comic book couple), and so I dislike any type of romantic Wolverine/Jean pairing.

I like the Spider-Man/Mary Jane marriage (my favorite comic book couple) so much that not even Wolverine/Jean marriage in Renew Your Vows would upset me.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post

GOD this makes me so damn hyped/curious/nervous/worried/happy/excited. I specially love how he acknowledges all the main points in her life.

"One of the big keys to getting Jean is to actually study her progression as a character. From the meek and quiet student, to the bad ass team member, to the goddess, to death, and back again. She has had these changes; the Marvel Girl of old is not the same as Phoenix, or Jean in X-FACTOR, or the Jean that raises Cable in the future, or the Jean that fights Emma for the heart of Scott. All of these are evolutions of who she is. And our book, it does something a bit different. This isn’t an evolution. It’s a resurrection. But I can’t say much more than that."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    GOD this makes me so damn hyped/curious/nervous/worried/happy/excited. I specially love how he acknowledges all the main points in her life.

"One of the big keys to getting Jean is to actually study her progression as a character. From the meek and quiet student, to the bad ass team member, to the goddess, to death, and back again. She has had these changes; the Marvel Girl of old is not the same as Phoenix, or Jean in X-FACTOR, or the Jean that raises Cable in the future, or the Jean that fights Emma for the heart of Scott. All of these are evolutions of who she is. And our book, it does something a bit different. This isn’t an evolution. It’s a resurrection. But I can’t say much more than that."
    The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix shoutout is my favorite. That means he really knows his Jean history.

How I felt this past decade with no Jean.

For her to have been gone so long, it always felt like an open wound. Getting the chance to maybe heal that, it’s an honor I don’t take lightly.
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

i was a little skeptical at first but now im excited, it looks like she is in good hands. i cant believe this is real.
    hope she can become the center of the x-men for the next years and interact more with rachel and cable.
    also im a super fan of jean/scott but if we cant have that old man logan (i like logan just dont ship him with jean) is a million times better than jimmy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I am definitely a Cyclops/Jean relationship fan (my second favorite comic book couple), and so I dislike any type of romantic Wolverine/Jean pairing.

I like the Spider-Man/Mary Jane marriage (my favorite comic book couple) so much that not even Wolverine/Jean marriage in Renew Your Vows would upset me.
    Well there's just some Scott fans that seem to think that Jean can't exist without the center of her world being Scott, that they like Scott hooking up with Emma and others but Jean has to stay single until he's ready to be with her again...

Fantastic Member

Well there's just some Scott fans that seem to think that Jean can't exist without the center of her world being Scott, that they like Scott hooking up with Emma and others but Jean has to stay single until he's ready to be with her again...
    I agree. But I give a pass to Jott fans who just plain want them together. That's more understandable to me than Scemma fans that STILL hate Jean/Logan. The hypocrisy is strong in those fans.

Lately Scott fans have been specially obsessed with Jean, I don't get how did that escalated lol...

Fantastic Member

Lately Scott fans have been specially obsessed with Jean, I don't get how did that escalated lol...
    Same thing seems to be happening with a subset of Emma fans (most are actually really cool). Now that Emma's in a bad situation all of a sudden the Jean hate starts to pour out.

yep. People treat Wolverine like he was the one that cheated on Jean. It was Scott that did that, ok?
    so I don't really understand why the repulse for wolvs, the only explanation is Scott fans that are really territorial of Jean

Scott is dead, while Jeans are really alive

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post

Welp.

That did it.

This interview has my interest piqued (as if it wasn't already).

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yeah, there has been a number of groups out there using Jean as a scapegoat for their favorites problems. I try not let let it sour my perception of the characters, but its hard for that annoyance not to leak out in how I view the characters (if I even liked them to begin with).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yep. People treat Wolverine like he was the one that cheated on Jean. It was Scott that did that, ok?
    so I don't really understand why the repulse for wolvs, the only explanation is Scott fans that are really territorial of Jean
    The real answer probably has nothing to do with Jean. It has to do with Wolverine and him "one-upping" Scott. They really don't like that. Especially after the treatment of Scott in the X-Men movies.