BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    - Rosenberg apparently has a unique idea about how to do it, which made him think he wouldn't get the job when he pitched it to editorial.
    - According to him, it's not gonna be a retcon, but it relates to DPS and everything that has happened to Jean.
    - He also said the story is about Jean's relationship with the Phoenix, and a bit of a "character study".
    You have some really good points here. Some big chunks of information. I get the feeling that Rosenburg's pitch isn't a retelling of classic Phoenix stories, but something fresh. Mention of it being a character study is music to my ears as its important that we get inside Jean's head as she comes back all these years later.

- Jean's ghost is running around on the Jean Grey series, got into Emma's mind at the end of the last issue.
    - New info for Jean Grey #11 implies that issue is gonna tie into her return, Jeen's probably gonna finally confront the Phoenix.
    The Jean Grey solo series is slightly odd with the Jean Grey ghost figure, which seems a little OOC and doesn't really make sense as Jean is one with the Phoenix and therefore couldn't really be a spirit? Maybe it's actually a fragment/imprint of the Phoenix? This'll be resolved in #11 I suppose, with the conclusion of Psych war.

- Kitty and Beast are gonna have a big role on the mini.
    Kitty & Beast having large roles is unexpected as they're not the first characters I think of in relation to Jean. Ororo has the closest ties in my opinion, and I'd like Iceman and Angel (the older incarnations) to be impacted as the remaining members of the original X-Men; the first class. The rest of the Greys (Rachel, Cable, X-Man) ought to feature and I'm hoping for tender moments once the conflict is resolved. I'm sure Jean will have a lot to say to Hank, Bobby, and Warren given all they've done and been through in her absence.

- On BleedingCool they said "he teased a possible new look for Phoenix, saying “”people are going to be surprised when they see her.”, but on Newsarama there's "People are going to be surprised when they see Jean's return," said Rosenberg.", which may mean he wasn't actually talking about a redesign.
    I have no problems with a new Phoenix look. I personally want something in black & gold. Even the classic suit with a recolor could be enough of a creative difference to signify something new. I doubt there will be anything too radical as they wouldn't want to lose the essence of the character, but I have no problems with an updated aesthetic.

- Wolverine is back and he has an infinity stone.
    Wolverine with an Infinity Stone still has me so confused. How that comes into play, either here or in another series is puzzling. I guess it has something to do with the Final Host and therefore the BC Avengers. Also worth mentioning is that young Jean Grey was the one to discover that Logan had escaped from his adamantium tomb. I feel like Jean/the Phoenix may have something to do with his return.

- Xavier is on the Astral Plane and apparently coming back for real soon on AXM.
    Xavier's return is another curious one. He doesn't have a body for starters, and his role in the MU is questionable. His students have outgrown him and I would argue that the current generation of mutants would view him as outdated as the times have changed. Furthermore, Xavier was never really their teacher or mentor, that role went to Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm etc.

- Magneto wants to send O5 back to the past and there's some sneak peeks showing that may happen soon.
    I think Magnetos attempt to send the O5 back to their own time will first result in the cross-time capers storyline in X-Men Blue, possibly due to some malfunction or miscalculation.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

To me, Jean's main Phoenix stories are Claremont's original Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Sagas with the Classic backstories (and Bizarre Adventures) added in and Morrison's New X-Men culminating in Here Comes Tomorrow. Inferno, Judgement Wars, and Phoenix Endsong are her secondary Phoenix stories.

I wonder how Phoenix Resurrection will fit in?

I don't know how they are going to explain her return. We've seen her hatch from a cocoon and an egg. We've witnessed her crawl out of the grave. Sounds like they are going to do something different this time. I wonder what that is going to be.

In Endsong it seem like Jean was revived and went to the WHR. In the Sisterhood arc they seem to imply her body was buried again so I’m not sure.
    First X-Lady

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Not surprised Jean is not meant to be the hero in this book. It would be too easy for her esp if the villain is not that threatening.

Thank you I will haft to listen to it. Hopefully that means they won’t be ignoring events that have happened. Not sure any writer has mentioned Endsong or HCT. At least Hopeless is touching on the Morrison stuff.
    Endsong referenced HCT directly, Jean even stating lines from HCT, and Bendis then referenced both NXM and Endsong during his run. The biggest problem with Endsong is soon after it came out no one ever paid it any attention even with it's high sells numbers.

Endsong posed a problem for Marvel since it left Jean not "dead" but "biding her time doing non-X-Men things." To acknowledge it begged the question of when Jean was coming back which they had no intention of doing then.

I'm betting TeenJean stays in the books along with Adult Phoenix Jean. I think Marvel may try to have it both ways for their characters. Im sorta predicting TeenJeans new power gets passed along to Adult Jean and that plays a big part in her handling the Phoenix in a way that keeps her from ever becoming a threat in the books again.
    Total speculation though...

Honestly, with Logan and Jean coming back, I think Marvel is going to have to start addressing the issue of character redundancies, especially with the O5.

I wonder if The White Hot Room is in the Sun?

Early Phoenix would occasionally reference the Sun being the source of her powers.

It would also explain why the White Room is Hot.

Before her death in late 2003, Jean and Logan were being hurled into the Sun when the Phoenix Consciousness awoke inside Jean allowing Jean to save them.

So, maybe Jean Phoenix will emerge from the Sun?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, with Logan and Jean coming back, I think Marvel is going to have to start addressing the issue of character redundancies, especially with the O5.
    They're going to have to, there's no real way around it; these redundancies aren't even just with the X-Men anymore, what with Hydra Cap still being a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I wonder if The White Hot Room is in the Sun?

Early Phoenix would occasionally reference the Sun being the source of her powers.

It would also explain why the White Room is Hot.

Before her death in late 2003, Jean and Logan were being hurled into the Sun when the Phoenix Consciousness awoke inside Jean allowing Jean to save them.

So, maybe Jean Phoenix will emerge from the Sun?
    The WHR is inside the M'Kraan Crystal.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    They're going to have to, there's no real way around it; these redundancies aren't even just with the X-Men anymore, what with Hydra Cap still being a problem.

The WHR is inside the M'Kraan Crystal.

Yeah, it's somewhere in that Neutron galaxy which lies within...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-12-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post

The Queen has returned!!!!
    Droping joy tears
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That is a very good summation, Wiccan.

I really don't have any guesses.

Jean with the power of the Phoenix, wouldn't need an Infinity Stone to return. She should have been able to return long ago. So why now? Why not long ago? Not sure how or if all the pieces you mentioned fit together for Jean's return.

I am sure someone has some good guesses which I would like to hear!
    In Marvel Legacy, a celestial killed/buried by a pre historic line up of Avengers (Odin, Phoenix, Black Panther, Agamotto/sorcerer supreme, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Starbrand) stirs. The implication is other celestials may come to earth and it may get ugly. The modern day counterparts of the above heroes are having visions, and it is strongly implied that this is why the Phoenix is returning now.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

56EFC648-100E-441A-B9DD-9652C05F5BC9.jpg
    Artgerm - green costume Phoenix Resurrection variant

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    they dont view it as a problem as Jean and Logan dont all of a sudden make it an issue

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

do you guys/girls think teen jean and adult jean are going to get along?
    if the solo is a clue a think their relationship is going to be quite problematic