I am excited for the series. I'm not sure what is going on but from what little information we have here is my theory: I think Jean is in the process of resurrecting or she has already resurrected (perhaps recently or perhaps she has been back awhile). The writer has said that Jean and the Phoenix are so powerful that they can create worlds. I think Jean's powers are so big that she is altering the world around her - and this is what the X-men are responding to.. these mysterious events. It sounds like Jean herself may have forgotten who she is or she is caught in one of these world altering illusions and she needs to break free. Or perhaps there is a mysterious villain at play. I am not sure.

Like others have pointed out, solits often do not accurately describe what the issues are about. It is fun to speculate even with what little info we have. I am also intrigued by the solit for Jean Grey issue 11 and the line about ghost Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Meanwhile, a young woman named Jean is starting to go insane in her peaceful, suburban life. Nightmares and daydreams are spilling over into the world and revealing cracks in her reality. Jean’s life and everything in it may just be a facade, but made by who? And why?
    I hope I'm wrong here, but why do I have the weird feeling that Jean has been alive all this time just she "lost her memories" if that's the story then. Boooo!

I always had that weird feeling that they were going to do that. The "Jean was alive all this time, but she just couldn't remember who she was." Very Scott when the first time he "died". I don't want that though. I want her to comeback the grave, lol. Or where Domino put the body, haha.

Again. I hope I'm wrong.

The January solicits are out! Synopsys for the 2-5 issues, apparently.

I really love these last two!
    I need this one as a poster.
    Richard Alexander

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean's return is being blessed by more gorgeous covers. Love that New X-Men one. No one rocked that look like Jean did.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean's return is being blessed by more gorgeous covers. Love that New X-Men one. No one rocked that look like Jean did.
    I think Jean's New X-Men look is right up there with the Phoenix and awful 90's costume as being iconic for Jean. Even the "weird ghost Jean" is wearing it.

I'm so excited for this, you guys. This is the moment that I've been waiting for since I started reading comics when I was fourteen years old.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I hope I'm wrong here, but why do I have the weird feeling that Jean has been alive all this time just she "lost her memories" if that's the story then. Boooo!

I always had that weird feeling that they were going to do that. The "Jean was alive all this time, but she just couldn't remember who she was." Very Scott when the first time he "died". I don't want that though. I want her to comeback the grave, lol. Or where Domino put the body, haha.

Again. I hope I'm wrong.
    It sounds to me like Jean has been back, not the whole time, but for a decent amount of time without her memories. I actually think that's fine, but if there's a twist it would be even better.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I don't really know what to think about the solicit. Caught me totally by surprise. Something I noticed though "Kitty Pryde, Old Man Logan and Cyclops are leading teams of X-Men". Kitty is obviously the leader of X-Men Gold, OML Astonishing(or maybe Weapon X), and then we have Scott for Blue. That means something happened with Jeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I wish they drew her more with the coat though. Much better than that jacket.

I don't really know what to think about the solicit. Caught me totally by surprise. Something I noticed though "Kitty Pryde, Old Man Logan and Cyclops are leading teams of X-Men". Kitty is obviously the leader of X-Men Gold, OML Astonishing(or maybe Weapon X), and then we have Scott for Blue. That means something happened with Jeen.

I don't think it's mean something happened to Jeen (even if I think something will happen). I'm pretty sure if Scott knows that the Jean of this world was in trouble, he would be one of the first wanting to try to save her but will see.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I wish they drew her more with the coat though. Much better than that jacket.
    Yeah, while I enjoy both, I do prefer the long coat to the jacket. If I remember correctly, she was the only one who wore it, so I liked that it was unique to Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    I don't think it's mean something happened to Jeen (even if I think something will happen). I'm pretty sure if Scott knows that the Jean of this world was in trouble, he would be one of the first wanting to try to save her but will see.
    She's the leader of X-Men Blue, I don't think they just got randoms instead of the actual leaders of current teams. They also mention teammates disappearing, and on the first pic from issue #1 posted by Paniccia on Twitter, with a group shot of a lot of X-Men, she wasn't there.

What if there's a swerve and it's adult Cyclops?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I think Jean's New X-Men look is right up there with the Phoenix and awful 90's costume as being iconic for Jean. Even the "weird ghost Jean" is wearing it.
    She's wearing it because it's the last costume she had before she died.

What if there's a swerve and it's adult Cyclops?
    Idk if you're joking, but Marvel said they don't have plans to bring him back, and we already saw Tyke on the group shot...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's wearing it because it's the last costume she had before she died.
    No, it's not. A Phoenix variant was, even if you say she died in Planet X.

Idk if you're joking, but Marvel said they don't have plans to bring him back, and we already saw Tyke on the group shot...
    I don't trust Marvel about anything most of the time lol.

It sounds to me like Jean has been back, not the whole time, but for a decent amount of time without her memories. I actually think that's fine, but if there's a twist it would be even better.
    If that's the case. I'm okay with that.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Sounds like Jean has already been reborn, but she doesn't know who she is. This is consistent with the past, because Jean didn't have all her memories when she hatched from the cocoon or the egg.

Ghost Jean is probably a part of her dreams and daydreams that are spilling out into reality. Jean is so powerful now that she is probably subconsciously effecting reality around her. Rosenberg implied that he wouldn't retcon her history, so I don't think that she has been alive this whole time. She must have been reborn sometime between the events of Endsong and Resurrection.