Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Story sounds dumb. Living with no memory in a town...really?
    Ya I'm not really feeling the no memory thing and not being found sooner, especially when you consider that they could have had a telepath find her or even sense her powers at the very least considering she's incredible powerful. But I don't maybe she has blocks on her powers keeping them from being sensed or rewrote her soul like that one time in X-Men Revolution.

BANNED

Lol she's not going to remember the Morrison run.
    I can see it already.

Jean Grey fans. I need to ask you guys. Who was your favorite writer of Jean? I guess you can include Jeen here too, I guess. Here's mine:

-Chris Claremont- No-brainer, duh.
    -Louise Simonson- Same thing. No-brainer.
    -Larry Hama- He made me put Jean in the top 5 of my favorite X-characters. He had to make Logan play second fiddle in his own solo title, and made Jean the main character, lol. Jean took over Logan's title of bunch of times during his run. Not complaining btw.
    -Fabian Nicieza- Even though, I'm not a Jott fan I do love the wedding issue. And specially the Sabretooth scene.
    -Grant Morrison- Yeah, I said it. Not sure how many people like her voice, but I did. (Unpopular opinion?)

Honorable writers:
    -Jeff Lemire- He made me not hate Jeen for at least for a while, lol. I got off the hate when she first appeared in that issue of OML. Proof that they can write Jeen act like Jean. (Well, she had multiple appearances, but that was the one. He also wrote the adult)
    -Cullen Bunn- It's was alright. (What I've read) The Generations one-shot was my favorite one-shot of the ones I've read. I read five of them.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson, Joe (Jim? Idek) Kelly, Grant Morrison, Fabian Nicieza, Jeff Parker, Dennis Hopeless - but like, Season One Jean for Hopeless? Not Jeen.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'm drooling over these covers.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Story sounds dumb. Living with no memory in a town...really?
    Isn't that what happened with Wanda post House of M?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Jean Grey fans. I need to ask you guys. Who was your favorite writer of Jean? I guess you can include Jeen here too, I guess. Here's mine:

-Larry Hama- He made me put Jean in the top 5 of my favorite X-characters. He had to make Logan play second fiddle in his own solo title, and made Jean the main character, lol. Jean took over Logan's title of bunch of times during his run. Not complaining btw.
    -Fabian Nicieza- Even though, I'm not a Jott fan I do love the wedding issue. And specially the Sabretooth scene.
    -Grant Morrison- Yeah, I said it. Not sure how many people like her voice, but I did. (Unpopular opinion?)

Honorable writers:
    -Jeff Lemire- He made me not hate Jeen for at least for a while, lol. I got off the hate when she first appeared in that issue of OML. Proof that they can write Jeen act like Jean. (Well, she had multiple appearances, but that was the one. He also wrote the adult)
    -Cullen Bunn- It's was alright. (What I've read) The Generations one-shot was my favorite one-shot of the ones I've read. I read five of them.
    Pretty much the same. Except somes parts, Claremont clearly was my favorite X-Men writers for a time especially for the whole Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga but there was sometimes I didn't really like how he was writing Jean (especially the time he was making Jean and Logan do weird things to show to us the "attraction") and his Jean in X-Men Forever was bad (well I hated X-Men Forever so welp). Louise Simonson, nothing to say I love her X-Factor run so bad, that one of the run I read again and again even today and her X-Factor Forever was so great too. Fabian Nicieza for the Sabertooth scene and of course the Wedding.Jeff Lemire did a great job with Jeen, he is probably one of the best writer for her since she is here. And yes Cullen Bunn despite the nerf in X-Men Blue, in the Generations one-shot, both Jean and Jeen was great. It one of my fav Generations books right now (probably because I'm way to fan of Jean). And Hopeless but only for the Jean for X-Men Season One, I don't really like her Jeen version...

And well for Grant Morrison it's a lot more complicated, I didn't liked it because of the way, he handled the characters especially Scott and Jean and their relationship (I already explain myself about in a lot of thread and I don't want this thread to becoming like the others threads) but without all (which is big so yep is not in my fav writer for Jean, he's probably near the bottom) this she was correct but I'm not a fan of Jean becoming a god who forget her human feeling (as he said it in his run).

Here said, I hope I will have Rosenberg in the list because it's seems to love Jean and I'm looking foward to his story.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Oh my God, Marvel is going to town on these Phoenix Resurrection variant covers ��
    I need Wanda to say “No more variants”, for the sake of my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Oh my God, Marvel is going to town on these Phoenix Resurrection variant covers ��
    I need Wanda to say “No more variants”, for the sake of my wallet.
    My thought but inside I'm enjoying it so I'm okay. I love use my money on my favorite character haha.

Grant Morrison is my favorite Jean writer. I can still remember how excited I was with every issue of New X-men. At the time I was in college and there was a comic store near the college. I used to go to the store after class. I loved that Grant Morrison made Jean an important part of his X-men book. I loved that he brought the Phoenix back to Jean Grey. Planet X and Here Comes Tomorrow are some of my favorite Phoenix stories. I loved them more than the Dark Phoenix Saga. I loved Grant Morrison's style and the Morrison-esque voice he gave all the characters. His New X-men run will likely always be my favorite. I wish Jean hadn't stayed dead so long but it didn't bother me that he killed her because he established she could come back to life with the Phoenix.

Chris Claremont is my second favorite Jean writer. He loves the character and it shows. His stories are classic.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Well, that would actually be consistent with how she came back last time, via the cocoon in Jamaica Bay. I doubt she has been alive this whole time, given that there was a body shown at the end of Morrison's run and in Phoenix Endsong. It's more likely that something occurred after that, possibly after the events of Secret Wars or after the O5 arrived, to cause her resurrection. It might even be the case that the Celestial we saw in Marvel Legacy had a hand in it. There are a lot of possibilities, but I think if this is going to be as heartbreaking as Rosenburg claims, then Jean's return will definitely involve some emotional turmoil.
    Jean’s stories always involve such big emotions and themes like love, sacrifice, death, rebirth, redemption, transcendence, primal ecstasy, etc. I can’t wait!

I wonder if her happy and normal new life will be a gift from the Phoenix, deception from a villain, or self deception? Will she have a husband or kids or will her family be seemingly restored? It will be sad to see her new life crumble but exciting to see her remember who she truly is.

Honorable writers:
    Chris Claremont for original Phoenix years, Bizarre Adeventures 27, Classic X-Men backstories, and Revolution run.

Grant Morrison for New X-Men run.

Simonson for X-Factor.

Fabian wrote a great Jean in X-Men 28 and Waid did great with her in X-Men 53. Bunn did great in Generations. Seagle and Kelly did really well with her in their short runs.

Arnold Drake and Roy Thomas wrote a pretty good green mini dress Marvel Girl.

BANNED

Honorable writers:
    Jean Grey really hasn't been in that many comics. You've got the writers of her major stories: Claremont, Simonson, Morrison.

And then there's a handful of alternate versions.

I'd love to see Bunn get a shot with the 616 version of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So breathtaking!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The January solicits are out! Synopsys for the 2-5 issues, apparently.

"A light in the darkness is not always welcome.

Kitty Pryde, Old Man Logan and Cyclops are leading teams of X-Men all across the globe, chasing events connected to the Phoenix. But with teammates disappearing and familiar enemies returning, the X-Men are fighting a losing battle. Beast doesn’t know how or what shape it will take, but he knows they are running out of time before the Phoenix makes its true presence known.

Meanwhile, a young woman named Jean is starting to go insane in her peaceful, suburban life. Nightmares and daydreams are spilling over into the world and revealing cracks in her reality. Jean’s life and everything in it may just be a facade, but made by who? And why?

Jean needs to escape. The X-Men need to stop the cycle of death the Phoenix brings. Their worlds will violently collide as Jean searches for an opening and the X-Men fight for closure. But when they are brought together, will the X-Men be reunited with their long-lost teammate – or something darker?"
    Interesting, I can not wait to see that and with who is having that moment.

[/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]

Love this one 👆❤_❤

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Loving those covers. Hoping to see white Phoenix of the crown in full control
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Honorable writers:
    Grant Morrison and Chris Claremont. Both my favorite runs of X-men were written by these two and both wrote Jean Grey the best for me. Morrison used Jean in a way that pushed her further and her as headmistress was a good decision. The way he used her for her powers was fascinating. My favorite part is when she showed Bishop her thoughts and he got scared lol. I wasn't happy with him killing her but she did so much in that run that I overlook it. Claremont was Claremont and the Phoenix saga's were epic. Jean coping wth her new phoenix powers and her overall character progression was just so satisfying.

What run did Simonson do? I'm seeing some people list him.