Current canon is that it wasn't Magneto. There's no way Magneto would have just become an X-Men and pratically everyone would think that's fine if he had killed Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    lol yeah... but first... Emma! The Shi'ar can wait.
    The white Queen isn’t a threat to the black queen

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Current canon is that it wasn't Magneto. There's no way Magneto would have just become an X-Men and pratically everyone would think that's fine if he had killed Jean.
    This. Scott was portrayed for years as never being completely past Jean's death. Even in his most OOC he never would have tapped a Mags who was guilty of it for his Uncanny team and the fans would have questioned him constantly for it.

And let's not even get into what Logan would have done.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

The Xorneto retcon was the worst.

Magneto pretending to be Xorn turned into Xorn pretending to be Magneto pretending to be Xorn. Then he dies and his twin brother Zorn shows up. It was too much.

Two Xorns, which is two Xorns more than we need.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    The Xorneto retcon was the worst.

Magneto pretending to be Xorn turned into Xorn pretending to be Magneto pretending to be Xorn. Then he dies and his twin brother Zorn shows up. It was too much.
    The retcon was for the best and Magneto as a character has flourished since it happened. It would have killed his viability had they kept things intact

I still maintain that the Morrison run effectively ruined many X-characters, from Jean to Scott to Emma to Magneto to the original portrayal of Xorn, while introducing horrid ones that won't go away, like Fantomex and Quire. It's certainly not a high point for the X-books. Jean's return is another bit of that terrible legacy being dismantled.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    well Grant Morrison isnt writing her resurrection so thats irrelevant
    Morrison entire run is irrelevant so I'll give you that.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This isn't true.

Current canon implies that it was Magneto as far as anyone is concerned. The first hint at this was during Gillen's Uncanny run, then during Bendis', and then as recently as the last issue of the Jean Grey solo series. "It was a weird time," as adult Jean puts it.

Desperate times called for the X-Men to work with Magneto and when he joined the X-Men Scott literally had him swear fealty to him by kneeling as though Scott were a king - on top of Magneto proving his worth by bringing Kitty back from space. Otherwise, there's no way that he would have done any of this.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    This isn't true.

Current canon implies that it was Magneto as far as anyone is concerned. The first hint at this was during Gillen's Uncanny run, then during Bendis', and then as recently as the last issue of the Jean Grey solo series. "It was a weird time," as adult Jean puts it.

Desperate times called for the X-Men to work with Magneto and when he joined the X-Men Scott literally had him swear fealty to him by kneeling as though Scott were a king - on top of Magneto proving his worth by bringing Kitty back from space. Otherwise, there's no way that he would have done any of this.
    what evidence from Bendis and Gillen's run supports this? The latest issue of JG doesnt confirm it either. As far as I know, Wiccan is right. It doesnt make sense to go back on that

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I loved Morrison's version of Jean. His Jean is second only to Claremont's Jean for me.

Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 11-10-2017 at 05:06 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what evidence from Bendis and Gillen's run supports this? The latest issue of JG doesnt confirm it either. As far as I know, Wiccan is right. It doesnt make sense to go back on that
    In Bendis' run Magneto mentions crippling Xavier. He only ever did that as Xorneto.

In Gillen's run it's implied by Sinister/Kate Kildare that his whole 'it wasn't me shtick' is a falsehood.

The only thing that implies it wasn't is the fact that the other Xorn exists, but there's no reason to assume he (and his brother who MAGNETO impersonated) wouldn't exist.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'm gonna have to need more than just some hints(that could pretty much just be some writers not knowing things exactly and/or half-assed tries at retcons), as it makes absolutely no sense. Even the original story was weird AF. I remember him being like "I'M MAGNETO!!!" and Jean like "Lol no you're not".

ummm...

Also in the recent Jean Grey young Jean was surprised than Xorn looked like Magento (which he did) and adult Jean confirmed that it was weird (which it was) and she didn't have time for further questions (which she didn't).

I'm gonna have to need more than just some hints(that could pretty much just be some writers not knowing things exactly and/or half-assed tries at retcons), as it makes absolutely no sense. Even the original story was weird AF. I remember him being like "I'M MAGNETO!!!" and Jean like "Lol no you're not".
    LMAO....Jean with her TP would know

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    In Bendis' run Magneto mentions crippling Xavier. He only ever did that as Xorneto.

In Gillen's run it's implied by Sinister/Kate Kildare that his whole 'it wasn't me shtick' is a falsehood.

The only thing that implies it wasn't is the fact that the other Xorn exists, but there's no reason to assume he (and his brother who MAGNETO impersonated) wouldn't exist.
    Yeah Im still gonna go with Wiccan that current canon says it wasnt Magneto. You may read into little hints and implications but its been flat out stated and confirmed that it wasnt Magneto that was in New X-men. It contradicts too much and doesnt really add anything going forward to reverse that retcon
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-10-2017 at 05:11 PM.