Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

It is 1986 all over again! Jean is de-Phoenixed and gets an ugly costume. lol

Part of me is upset about it, but the Phoenix has been ruined beyond repair in recent years and Jean does have her own god-like omega potential. Yet, the Phoenix is such an important part of her history and has long been considered a part of her future/destiny as well. I'd hate to see someone else be Phoenix instead of her now that she is back.

I don't see the point in regressing her considering Jean is Phoenix in the movies and many of the video/online games and toys.

Let’s stop and celebrate Jean having long hair (happy dance).
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    It is 1986 all over again! Jean is de-Phoenixed and gets an ugly costume. lol

Part of me is upset about it, but the Phoenix has been ruined (possibly) beyond repair in recent years and Jean does have her own god-like omega potential. Yet, the Phoenix is such an important part of her history and has long been considered a part of her future/destiny as well. I'd hate to see someone else be Phoenix instead of her now that she is back.

I don't see the point in regressing her considering Jean is Phoenix in the movies and many of the video and online games and toys.
    What about Jean reaching Phoenix level on her own? Teen Jean developed her own pink powers.
    First X-Lady

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    What about Jean reaching Phoenix level on her own? Teen Jean developed her own pink powers.
    I would love that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Didn't teen Jean only develop those powers once Phoenix started haunting her?

I'm not sure Jean will be free of Phoenix either. Maybe the new suit is to somehow contain the force? Pannicia said there's a purpose to the new outfit...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post

I'm not sure Jean will be free of Phoenix either. Maybe the new suit is to somehow contain the force? Pannicia said there's a purpose to the new outfit...
    the purpose of that new suit is to make people lose weight by making them throw up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    the purpose of that new suit is to make people lose weight by making them throw up.
    Big fail then! After IvX, I'm done throwing up. Never again!

The description of the series says: "...As the threat level escalates, Jean needs to build a highly specialized team … not just those she trusts, but allies who can survive the oncoming storm."

Emma's thread is already theorizing who the villain is, and since it's apparently a "surprising" villain and "one of the most dangerous X-Men villains returns to wreak havoc", what if it's a Shadow King possessed Storm with Jean forming the team to save her bff?

idk idk im in hype mode tbh, I don't hate the roster, do I think there would be other characters I would love to see her interact with? Yea sure! But as others have said, I think this gives more of an opportunity for Jean to shine (sorry Laura fans)

I don't like the idea of Jean having a Phoenix containment suit. She did just fine wearing a shirt and pants on Morrison's New X-Men. I want her to embrace the Phoenix, not fight it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    The description of the series says: "...As the threat level escalates, Jean needs to build a highly specialized team … not just those she trusts, but allies who can survive the oncoming storm."

Emma's thread is already theorizing who the villain is, and since it's apparently a "surprising" villain and "one of the most dangerous X-Men villains returns to wreak havoc", what if it's a Shadow King possessed Storm with Jean forming the team to save her bff?

idk idk im in hype mode tbh, I don't hate the roster, do I think there would be other characters I would love to see her interact with? Yea sure! But as others have said, I think this gives more of an opportunity for Jean to shine (sorry Laura fans)
    The Storm fans would riot. I dont see that happening either since she's getting her own solo.

I hope it's Cassandra Nova as that is personal to Jean and Jean was the one that defeated her in Morrison's run so Cassie has some axes to grind.

BANNED

The Storm fans would riot. I dont see that happening either since she's getting her own solo.
    Just tell them, it's this or back to Guggenheim she goes!

I hope it's Cassandra Nova as that is personal to Jean and Jean was the one that defeated her in Morrison's run so Cassie has some axes to grind.
    It'd be a nice tie in if it's Cassandra haunting teen Jean in her solo too...

This team doesn't seem suited for a telepath though.... Then again neither did the AXM team...

She got them in Bendis run

Just tell them, it's this or back to Guggenheim she goes!

It'd be a nice tie in if it's Cassandra haunting teen Jean in her solo too...

This team doesn't seem suited for a telepath though.... Then again neither did the AXM team...
    the difference is AXM isn’t an official team. They literally just happened to be the closest mutants to the threat. Jean assembles this team which means she’ll havw put in more thought and not having a TP seems stupid if she knows it’s Nova
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-13-2017 at 04:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She got them in Bendis run

the difference is AXM isn’t an official team. They literally just happened to be the closest mutants to the threat. Jean assembles this team which means she’ll havw put in more thought and not having a TP seems stupid if she knows it’s Nova
    Jean is all the TP you need tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Jean is all the TP you need tbh.
    It’s not bad to have backup and it’s unwise for her to go up against Nova alone. What happens if she’s incapacitated? They’re screwed. Jeans powerful but she isn’t invulnerable or doesn’t have limitations. If Nova is the villain, I hope there’s a good reason in the book why she doesn’t approach the likes of Psylocke, Rachel, Teen Jean, Cable, Nate, , Karma, Cuckoos, etc....
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-13-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Well, Paniccia confirmed on twitter that it's not Emma.