Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Bendis's run on the X-Men was extremely lackluster, aside from o5 issues. The bottom line is Cyclops had lost the respect of almost all adult X-Men, the superhero community as a whole and was leading a useless revolution.
    lol that's totally irrelevant to what we were speaking about.

She has her own themed hair color!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I'm in favor of Jean/Wolverine, but I don't feel like that has to happen. As long as they don't limit what can be done with Jean, great.

Maybe the speculative Namor thing will happen. Maybe she meets a new character. Who knows?

They just shouldn't limit the character because of some sexist nonsense.
    For what it's worth, Namor's whole dynamic with Sue Storm was basically identical to the X-Men love triangle, where you had the wholesome good girl choosing the steady but boring over raw machismo. The problem with trying to recreate that today is that Namor's characterization is severely outdated at this point. His whole appeal is being this sort of old school Johnny Weissmuller-esque athletic marvel with the arrogant and condescending attitude to match, peppered with blatant misogyny masquerading as chivalry. I'm just not sure that this kind of person even really exists anymore, and it's hard to make them recognizable, nevermind relatable, to modern readers.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

how old do you think adult jean is?
    she was refered has a young woman in the phoenix resurrection solicit. but she is supposed to be in the cyclops and warren age group and both of them look like thirty somenthing (of course this is relative). I don't remember were i read that she was like 24 in the dark phoenix saga but that seems like ages ago in universe. so much has happened to say it were only a few year back.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-25-2017 at 08:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    For what it's worth, Namor's whole dynamic with Sue Storm was basically identical to the X-Men love triangle, where you had the wholesome good girl choosing the steady but boring over raw machismo. The problem with trying to recreate that today is that Namor's characterization is severely outdated at this point. His whole appeal is being this sort of old school Johnny Weissmuller-esque athletic marvel with the arrogant and condescending attitude to match, peppered with blatant misogyny masquerading as chivalry. I'm just not sure that this kind of person even really exists anymore, and it's hard to make them recognizable, nevermind relatable, to modern readers.
    I just look at Namor as a haughty, condescending, would-be womanizer asshole. Plenty of those around in real life, imo.

Make him a somewhat reluctant good-guy and he'll one of my favorite type of characters.

They have to stop glossing over the "murdered people with a flood" thing though.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 11-25-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think most of Scott fans nowadays seem to be scemma shippers that probably prefer Logan/Jean so nothing threats their ship. I guess some Jogan fans want scemma for the same not because they actually care about the relationship. some people are genuinely interesting for Jean reaction of everything scott did in the same way they are for Jean interacting with storm or Logan because they are important people in her life regardless if there are romantic feeling or not.

I'm a jott fan and i want jean to try other things it would be stupid if she stays crying for scott and i think the same goes for emma. people die and while we know in comics they come back, for the characters this dead is real. people continue with their lifes.
    And im not saying she should stay single or not being paired with Logan (not a fan but i don't hate it). Jean is and she will be my favorite regardless of who she is dating or whatever, same way i like scott in spite of me hating scemma. Relationships are just with who the character is sleeping and they maybe important in the characters life, but they can exist with or without them. it shouldn't be what defines them.
    I can guarantee you that most Scott fans are still Jott shippers.

Astonishing Member

how old do you think adult jean is?
    she was refered has a young woman in the phoenix resurrection solicit. but she is supposed to be in the cyclops and warren age group and both of them look like thirty somenthing (of course this is relative). I don't remember were i read that she was like 24 in the dark phoenix saga but that seems like ages ago in universe. so much has happened to say it were only a few year back.
    This is all headcanon, because Marvel has no rules like "one comic book year passes every 5 years"
    she should be like 26 or 27 imo. And adult Cyclops should be older than 30 by now (the same goes for Emma, who was older than 30 in the 80s and 90s, but was retconned as belonging to the same generation of Vulcan-Darwin and as being 27 in Morrison's run, even taking the retcon into account, she should be like 32-33)

Jean would be closer in Age to the Kitty Pryde/New Mutants/Hellions generations (they must be like 23 in general. Rahne was 19 in 2004 and Empath 20 in 2009) than to the adult O5. recently there was an 8 months skip before secret wars, and another one after secret wars, so all characters aged over a year around 2014-2015
    Rahne was 13 in 1983 and 19 in 2004.

This should eventually be adressed, because if not, we are going to end up with the original adult O5 from the Stan Lee run, the Claremont giant size ones (except Wolverine and Banshee who were always older), the New Mutants, Gen X, and the Hellion/Quentin Quire generation, being all in their 20s, which doesnt make sense.
    The characters older than New Mutants and Kitty Pryde, have to be allowed to be in their 30s, imo.
    Jean would be the exception because of the time she spent dead in the 80s and 2000s, not aging.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I can guarantee you that most Scott fans are still Jott shippers.
    this is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    This is all headcanon, because Marvel has no rules like "one comic book year passes every 5 years"
    she should be like 26 or 27 imo. And adult Cyclops should be older than 30 by now (the same goes for Emma, who was older than 30 in the 80s and 90s, but was retconned as belonging to the same generation of Vulcan-Darwin and as being 27 in Morrison's run, even taking the retcon into account, she should be like 32-33)

Jean would be closer in Age to the Kitty Pryde/New Mutants/Hellions generations (they must be like 23 in general. Rahne was 19 in 2004 and Empath 20 in 2009) than to the adult O5. recently there was an 8 months skip before secret wars, and another one after secret wars, so all characters aged over a year around 2014-2015
    Rahne was 13 in 1983 and 19 in 2004.

This should eventually be adressed, because if not, we are going to end up with the original adult O5 from the Stan Lee run, the Claremont giant size ones (except Wolverine and Banshee who were always older), the New Mutants, Gen X, and the Hellion/Quentin Quire generation, being all in their 20s, which doesnt make sense.
    The characters older than New Mutants and Kitty Pryde, have to be allowed to be in their 30s, imo.
    Jean would be the exception because of the time she spent dead in the 80s and 2000s, not aging.
    Yeah, i know what i said is headcanon.
    it makes sense jean didn't aged the years she was dead, thank you for explaining that.
    I still think that she should have the mind of a older woman regardless of the age of her body.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

it makes sense jean didn't aged the years she was dead, thank you for explaining that.
    I still think that she should have the mind of a older woman regardless of the age of her body.
    She should.

Even older than her peers, in fact - given she spent about ten years in the future raising Cable.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm betting whatever her true age, they'll turn back the clock once she's resurrected. 24-27 would be my guess.

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing that Jean was in her late 20's even before she died, just like Beast and Scott and such so she's not 24, otherwise she'd be the same age as Rogue and even someone like Siryn, even Cannonball in his early to mid 20's, besides if Rhane is 19 then that'd make Paige older than her as she was 19 when she was dating Warren...and Logan and Namor are not comparable at all...

BANNED

She spent 12 years in the future with Scott raising young Nathan. Jean's well into her 40s if you count that. She does have the mind of an older woman.

Ultimate Member

Well in truth the original X-Men should all be in their what 60's if they were teens in the 60's or so and Magneto and Xavier would both be long dead by now if not in their 90's...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well in truth the original X-Men should all be in their what 60's if they were teens in the 60's or so and Magneto and Xavier would both be long dead by now if not in their 90's...
    Magneto was turned into an infant, and when he was restored to Adulthood, he was not restored to the old age he was before deaging. Xavier occupied a clone body, as his original got turned into a brood. Beast and Archangel due to physical changes likely age slowly, if it all, and Jean Grey has died and been resurrected more than once. Iceman's powers may delay his aging. Cyclops is the only one they'd have to come up with an explanation as to why he'd look so young ,but since he's dead that could wait for his resurrection. In story they could get away with drawing all these characters young and saying that are 60s. Wolverine, so long as his healing factor doesn't age, Storm due to the magic in her family likely ages very slowly. Nightcrawler doesn't age, and perhaps Colossus's turning into steel slows his aging.

There's no reason for fans to overthink character ages, due to the nature of mutant and superhuman powers, plus the advanced technology and magic they have access too.