BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Is it just me or did you just compare adamantium, the strongest metal known, to pubic hair??!!��
    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    You're dirty minded, Portsian :P

My first thought was food crumbs.

It was a "multifaceted", dirty Joke.

And, don't think for one minute that I don't respect your gangster
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-18-2017 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Thought amendment(s).

X-MEN:RED artist Mahmud Asrar "first sketch" of Jean Grey's new look
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcuwy5-D...by=mahmudasrar

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

9 pages to 1500 :O
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    9 pages to 1500 :O
    Let's spam

I don't know if Jean fans have noticed this other thread going on at the moment that's arguing whether Jean Grey is Marvel's Wonder Woman, but I thought I'd mention it. I think it's actually a relevant discussion. Marvel has a lot of things on DC at the moment, but DC has Wonder Woman. They have a premier female hero who can stand alongside any male hero and hold her own. Marvel has been struggling to find that. They have great characters like Black Widow, Ms. Marvel, and Captain Marvel. But the X-books have always given them some of their strongest female characters, in my opinion. I would put Jean at the top of that list, but I would also put Storm there too. That seems to be the main debate. Who fills that role as Marvel's Wonder Woman better? Jean Grey or Storm?

Personally, I think Storm has that role by default, just because Jean has been dead for 14 years. But that could change very quickly with her return and the launch of X-men Red. Whatever the case, I'm sure it's a debate that will continue.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

As great as Kamala is, she's definitely not a candidate for Marvel's counterpart of Wonder Woman. She's too new. For all we know whoever takes over from G Willow Wilson could ruin her (Marvel will need to be careful when that decision needs to be made), people constantly criticise her team books (ANAD Avengers, Champions, Secret Warriors) for not getting her right. Marvel want it to be Carol, Natasha would certainly be a candidate being the sole female in the original MCU Avengers lineup, and you're right that several X-Men, Jean included, fit the bill.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As great as Kamala is, she's definitely not a candidate for Marvel's counterpart of Wonder Woman. She's too new. For all we know whoever takes over from G Willow Wilson could ruin her (Marvel will need to be careful when that decision needs to be made), people constantly criticise her team books (ANAD Avengers, Champions, Secret Warriors) for not getting her right. Marvel want it to be Carol, Natasha would certainly be a candidate being the sole female in the original MCU Avengers lineup, and you're right that several X-Men, Jean included, fit the bill.
    Natasha could not fight Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, or Dr. Strange. Wonder Woman can hold her own against SuperMan.

Marvel would need to push a female character who can hold her own against these male heavy weights. Phoenix/Jean could. Storm could. Captain Marvel. Scarlet Witch can.

She wouldn't need to fight Hulk. She'd calm him down enough that he'd revert to Banner instead.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Natasha could not fight Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, or Dr. Strange. Wonder Woman can hold her own against SuperMan.

Marvel would need to push a female character who can hold her own against these male heavy weights. Phoenix/Jean could. Storm could. Captain Marvel. Scarlet Witch can.
    Neither can Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Personally, I think Storm has that role by default, just because Jean has been dead for 14 years. But that could change very quickly with her return and the launch of X-men Red. Whatever the case, I'm sure it's a debate that will continue.
    That's about the movies so between Storm and Jean, there is no question: Jean.
    Yeah, in the comics Jean was dead for 14 years. But in the movie, Storm was as well as dead for as long. If Storm was Marvel's Wonder Woman for the movies, then it would have been so since long ago.

I don't know if Jean fans have noticed this other thread going on at the moment that's arguing whether Jean Grey is Marvel's Wonder Woman, but I thought I'd mention it. I think it's actually a relevant discussion. Marvel has a lot of things on DC at the moment, but DC has Wonder Woman. They have a premier female hero who can stand alongside any male hero and hold her own. Marvel has been struggling to find that. They have great characters like Black Widow, Ms. Marvel, and Captain Marvel. But the X-books have always given them some of their strongest female characters, in my opinion. I would put Jean at the top of that list, but I would also put Storm there too. That seems to be the main debate. Who fills that role as Marvel's Wonder Woman better? Jean Grey or Storm?

Just the title of the thread I knew to steer clear of it. It’s a breeding ground for nastiness. Though I do like that Jean pushes people’s emotions and the thread will get a lot of views and discussion.
    First X-Lady

Why do we need to shoehorn an X-Woman into being Marvel's Wonder Woman? All the x-ladies are part of a broader cast and their history and mythology in completely wrapped up in that of thier teammates. Diana isn't really built the same way. I don't want to encourage orphaning Jean or Ororo to create some kind of ongoing solo adventure for them outside the x-books spanning hundreds of issues which is what would be required to actually create a Marvel WW.

Mighty Member

Marvel's counterpart to Wonder Woman is Valkyrie. Similarly, Thor = Superman, Daredevil = Batman, Nova = Green Lantern, Namor = Aquaman, Hawkeye = Green Arrow, and Quicksilver = Flash. Jean's DC counterpart is Saturn Girl. Or maybe Raven if you want to go the Titans route.

In terms of Marvel's leading superheroine (as Wonder Woman is DC's), that's historically been She-Hulk. In recent years, though, I'd say it's Carol Danvers.

Wonder Woman is the leader in terms of female superheroes and serves double-duty as being a widely recognized symbol of female empowerment. No Marvel heroine comes anywhere close to that.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Marvel's counterpart to Wonder Woman is Valkyrie. Similarly, Thor = Superman, Daredevil = Batman, Nova = Green Lantern, Namor = Aquaman, Hawkeye = Green Arrow, and Quicksilver = Flash. Jean's DC counterpart is Saturn Girl. Or maybe Raven if you want to go the Titans route.

In terms of Marvel's leading superheroine (as Wonder Woman is DC's), that's historically been She-Hulk. In recent years, though, I'd say it's Carol Danvers.

Ugh, I'd need to see proof of that, when it comes to marketing, or having a major female character in a series whether that be Marvel or X-men branded Storm is usually the go to girl. She certainly has a higher profile based on appearances in games, movies, and tv shows.