Page 156 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 561061461521531541551561571581591601662062566561156 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 28258

My interpretation was that she think Nate is gay, so that's why he would have a better chance with him. Or something like this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    She heard about him somewhere.
    Like Goldball's comment, it's the writer making joke. It's not supposed to be taken as actual fact.

PS: That's an "Allusion" :
    "in literature, an implied or indirect reference to a person, event, or thing or to a part of another text. Allusion is distinguished from such devices as direct quote and imitation or parody. Most allusions are based on the assumption that there is a body of knowledge that is shared by the author and the reader and that therefore the reader will understand the author's referent."

PPS: It's the same as the "Batman" references by various Marvel characters.
    So, she's never met him but, must have somewhere off panel heard his name referenced? Yea, I'm not buying it...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-02-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    When did the blond Cuckoo meet Nate Grey?
    never i guess, but she should know who is him

So, she's never met him but must have, somewhere off panel, heard his name referenced? Yea, I'm not buying it...
    No, no. She never meet him. She doesn't know about him. It's the author that is making a joke. It's the readers that are supposed to know about Natan.

It's the same when Raze said that "his father is Batman". It's a joke between the author and the reader. It's not supposed to mean that DC and Marvel characters are part of the same universe.

Nate Grey was part of the New Mutants when they were based in San Francisco the same time the main X-Men were if I recall correctly, so Nate and the Cuckoos lived under the same roof at one point I believe.

I also imagine the X-Men have weekly continuity update meetings just for their own sanity.

Spectacular Member

No, no. She never meet him. She doesn't know about him. It's the author that is making a joke. It's the readers that are supposed to know about Natan.

It's the same when Raze said that "his father is Batman". It's a joke between the author and the reader. It's not supposed to mean that DC and Marvel characters are part of the same universe.
    Celeste never met him on panel, but they all lived on Utopia together, and she's been in Scott's head for a while so also probably picked up on him there.

Nate Grey was on Utopia for a bit. He met Hope. He probably wandered around the halls enough for the triplets to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by jutcher View Post
    What...happened to that cat? Back legs lose traction?
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I also imagine the X-Men have weekly continuity update meetings just for their own sanity.
    Urgl, I wouldn't count too much on that... lol

Take X-Factor : Nobody on their side try to contact the X-Men because Magneto is leading them and they think they are now the bad guys. (Jean didn't even try to contact Ororo which was weird)

Then when the X-Men find back an amnesic Madelyne, nobody got the idee to try to contact Scott. Even if they didn't know how to contact him, they sure could have contacted Warren : It's not like he isn't in the phone book and doesn't have people to take a call for him.

BANNED

See, the "Batman" line I can get with because as far as the Marvel Universe goes "Batman" could just as well be a TV/movie character. But, Nate is part of the MU and being such, if it was an inside joke... It fell flat.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-02-2014 at 03:27 PM.

See, the "Batman" line I can get with because as far as the Marvel Universe goes "Batman" could just as well be a TV/movie character. But, Nate is part of the MU and being such, if it was an inside joke... It fell flat.
    If "Batman" was a TV show character in the MU, then the joke wouldn't be funny. What is funny is that a Marvel character mention the name of a DC character to another person and, naturaly, that person don't understand the reference. Only the reader can understand the reference.

In the case of Celeste, it's not her "joke" that is funny. It's the situation : she try to make a joke that fell short and when she says "eh, you should find this hilarous", the guy answer "yeah sure".

BANNED

If "Batman" was a TV show character in the MU, then the joke wouldn't be funny. What is funny is that a Marvel character mention the name of a DC character to another person and, naturaly, that person don't understand the reference. Only the reader can understand the reference.

In the case of Celeste, it's not her "joke" that is funny. It's the situation : she try to make a joke that fell short and when she says "eh, you should find this hilarous", the guy answer "yeah sure".
    Bah! I'll let this go... It's pointless and doesn't deserve anymore attention.

BANNED

I remember punisher saying that he hates gotham (a lot) so he most likely has met batman a few times, I think it was right after he left riverdale that time he visited archie

Spectacular Member

One of the most enjoyable Jeans I've read was Lobdell's in the X-Men/Wildcats X-over oneshot. And she and Grifter were smoking. Chemistry off the charts. Another Jean I also really liked but which doesn't get a lot of love/attention is First Class Jean. That series was too cute for words and I thought Parker/Cruz hit all the right notes.

I love this. Jean Grey as a slogan inspiring real people to lead better, healthier lives. Phoenix Army indeed. My new yoga shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by joe90 View Post
    now that jott wiil not happen, what do you guys think about goldballs and jean?
    from the last issue :
    http://i.imgur.com/IOzpuzQ.jpg
    I think GreyBalls has potential if you look at it in the context of a long-term possible character arc for Goldballs. It would be the sort of awkward, painful, coming-of-age story comic book nerds would get feels for that I think Bendis would excel at. Jeen would be his Rushmore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    One of the most enjoyable Jeans I've read was Lobdell's in the X-Men/Wildcats X-over oneshot. And she and Grifter were smoking. Chemistry off the charts. Another Jean I also really liked but which doesn't get a lot of love/attention is First Class Jean. That series was too cute for words and I thought Parker/Cruz hit all the right notes.

I love this. Jean Grey as a slogan inspiring real people to lead better, healthier lives. Phoenix Army indeed. My new yoga shirt.

I think GreyBalls has potential if you look at it in the context of a long-term possible character arc for Goldballs. It would be the sort of awkward, painful, coming-of-age story comic book nerds would get feels for that I think Bendis would excel at. Jeen would be his Rushmore.
    Fabio would be horribly killed inside of a week if he and Teen Jean were to become romantically involved. That's a kick@$$ tee shirt BTW

Fabio would be horribly killed inside of a week if he and Teen Jean were to become romantically involved. That's a kick@$$ tee shirt BTW
    -groan- Now I can't keep thinking how some classic scenes would be revisited. Like when Phoenix remove Scott visor and tell him she can contain his optical blast : "Fabio, remove your clothes, my TK can contain your balls..."