Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post

Back when all was right in the world. There was no Phoenix force and the Phoenix was just Jean reaching her ultimate potential.
    This was the first Xmen story I ever read, as a re orint in a British comic. I had read original O5 stories, but had no idea about the New Xnen or Jean niw being Phoenix. I loved Jean as Marvel Girl. This comic catapaukted me back into xmen and i fell bsck in love with Jean straight away. The story, the art, the wat the stores seemed so seemless, going from one to another. I quickly managed. When JeN died I was gutted, shocked. I quickly managed to get back stories from xmen 99 etc, so fir me Jean as Phoenix, that Jean is Phoenix, os my core belief as that is how i was kntriduced to her. It wa why xmen 137 had such a major impact (not just on me, but on future Marvel stories and comics in general). Its impact is often vastly underestimated. I accept the various retcons, in my head, but jit in my heart.

Loved issue 125.

I know people don’t want adult Jean to get an ability that originally belonged to Jeen. But I think this was such a creative use of Jeen’s abilities and I would love for them to truly explore Jean’s powers in X-Men Red.

Last edited by johnnysv75; 02-18-2018 at 02:33 PM.

I know people don’t want adult Jean to get an ability that originally belonged to Jeen. But I think this was such a creative use of Jeen’s abilities and I would love for them to truly explore Jean’s powers in X-Men Red.

Yep, it's pretty, it's shiny. I want it

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Adult Jean did it first.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Adult Jean did it first.
    Adult Jean did something akin to this way back, just before Jean became Phoenix.

When using her TK, Jean turned orange with some pink (although in reprint more pale blue/green). And while this was said to be her TK at work by Jean, it was called "mutant mind blast" by Sentinels. And it looked and seemed to be as powerful as Xavier's at the time!

BANNED

I want this for Jean Grey too. It's pretty badass. And now that Jean doesn't have the Phoenix Force, I think implementing new and creative ways of manifesting telepathic and telekinetic abilities is the way to go. When it comes time for her to enter the fray and engage in combat, I'd love Jean to display this psychic/astral form . It feels powerful y'know? And that's the way it should be. Besides, it's a distinction that sets her apart from every other telepath and telekinetic mutant.

Xplain the X-Men interviews Tom Taylor (includes stuff about X-Men Red):
    http://www.xplainthexmen.com/2018/02...ing-wolverine/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Xplain the X-Men interviews Tom Taylor (includes stuff about X-Men Red):
    http://www.xplainthexmen.com/2018/02...ing-wolverine/
    I didn't like what he said about both jean's not interacting. I wanted them to have a lot of panel time together

Anyone willing to share the cliffnotes? Anything important?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

The pink form was utterly OP there is a reason it was hardly used post Bendis (Bendis Jeen was very different portrayal from later versions of Jeen)

If we want adult Jean to truly be rid of PF forever then I suppose if/when Jeen goes back Adult Jean can somehow "Just Know" how to Go Pink at that point and it would be a supplement to not having PF powers I guess.

I just think it's actually kinda cheesey and just over the top though
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I didn't like what he said about both jean's not interacting. I wanted them to have a lot of panel time together
    The heck is up with today's Marvel and characters not interacting with people they obviously should be interacting with.

I’m wondering what connection Jean will have with Laura? Is she aware she have one with Rachel? lol

Ultimate Member

Who knows, considering that Laura will probably have a good idea at least as to how the 616 felt about Jean and for all that we know the two could have some nice talks about Logan until he comes back to Earth...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Who knows, considering that Laura will probably have a good idea at least as to how the 616 felt about Jean and for all that we know the two could have some nice talks about Logan until he comes back to Earth...
    God if their connection is just "lol Logan" it'll honestly be horrible.

BANNED

It'll be surprising, but a bit disappointing if Logan isn't part of that. Only makes sense that he'd be around with Jean and Laura hanging out together. It could be fun.

The three of them and Gabby could be like a little family.