I didn't like CC's Revolution run. But his Jean/Cable relation was beautiful.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

In other news, X-men Red #3 went into second printing
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...inting-domino/

Good news I guess
    Hope the sales don't drop.

Really wish this book was bimonthly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Not if the quality drops. Gold & Blue aren't the best books by a long shot. Neither writer is using the "bimonthly" to any real advantage. They could be telling MORE stories...focus on one group or characters in Book 1 and then another set in book 2...have multiple stories in one book at once....but it's more like it's one book pieced apart to make more money with less story.

I don't like the bi-monthly schedule.
    I don't like artist rotation.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    In other news, X-men Red #3 went into second printing
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...inting-domino/

Good news I guess
    Hope the sales don't drop.

Blue has spoiled me so much that the time between Red issues feels much more than a month. But i while i would like red bimonthly I think it's for the best if it stays monthly. Blue and Gold sometimes feel rushed and have no artistic cohesion.
    As I said before is better if jean just pulls double duty.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post
    I don't like the bi-monthly schedule.
    I don't like artist rotation.
    I don't mind the rotation in Blue but wish we were getting one artist for one arc as opposed to changing during random issues. In general, I don't mind Blue as it is - Gold needs some pretty substantial work or at least some artist consistency.

I prefer Red as once a month. Not that I don't think Taylor could jibe the twice monthy schedule, and we already know that Asrar can, but if it's one monthly that likely means Asrar gets to draw each issue on his own timescale and it looks as fantastic as each issue has so far.

A once monthly schedule also means more consistent sales which means more Red or more of this team/creative team in the long term.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The thing that makes Red's monthly schedule unbearable is that its the only place to read Jean. If she were appearing elsewhere, it would make the wait easier to handle

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The thing that makes Red's monthly schedule unbearable is that its the only place to read Jean. If she were appearing elsewhere, it would make the wait easier to handle
    The downside to Jean being in more than one book is that she'd suffer from multiple interpretations.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The downside to Jean being in more than one book is that she'd suffer from multiple interpretations.
    that doesnt have to be a bad thing

that doesnt have to be a bad thing
    I mean... yeah it kind of does. You have multiple, inconsistent interpretations leading to what would ultimately be bad writing. That's what always happens when you have characters in more than one book.

That said if Jean were to get a solo written by Taylor, or someone working closely to him, I wouldn't hate it.

I mean... yeah it kind of does. You have multiple, inconsistent interpretations leading to what would ultimately be bad writing. That's what always happens when you have characters in more than one book.

That said if Jean were to get a solo written by Taylor, or someone working closely to him, I wouldn't hate it.
    Its bad if tis inconsistent but it doesnt have to be. Different interepretations can focus on different aspects of Jean's character. Red is her primarily as a mutant leader. If she were in Cable's book, that could focus on her being more of a maternal figure. In the Avengers, more of a team player, etc.... None of these would need to contradict Red but supplement it

BANNED

I dont remember her being in more than one book at a time...the only one that ever really did that was Wolverine...it really puts things into perspective how things have gone down hill so far so fast to think "last time Jean was in a book we didn't have all this mess"

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I dont remember her being in more than one book at a time...the only one that ever really did that was Wolverine...it really puts things into perspective how things have gone down hill so far so fast to think "last time Jean was in a book we didn't have all this mess"
    Most characters tend to be in one book at a time, but there are times that they've been in more than one - not so much in an ongoing capacity for most characters. But Storm, Psylocke, Rogue, Kitty, Emma, Cyclops, Wolverine, etc. have all been in more than one team book at a time and most of them have suffered because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Maybe in the 80s but its not uncommon for characters to make appearances in multiple books now. Gambit is in Red, Gold and AXM. Rogue is in Avengers, Gold and AXM. The O5 are in Blue and Venomized (and Scott was recently with Champions). Storm is in Gold and BP. The list goes on.

BANNED

Maybe in the 80s but its not uncommon for characters to make appearances in multiple books now. Gambit is in Red, Gold and AXM. Rogue is in Avengers, Gold and AXM. The O5 are in Blue and Venomized (and Scott was recently with Champions). Storm is in Gold and BP. The list goes on.
    Not the 80s...only like 10 years ago.