BANNED

I wish primary covers showed things that would happen in the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I wish primary covers showed things that would happen in the issues.
    So far I hate the Red covers. The character shots really should have been variants

I hope the 2nd printings keep a-coming for this book.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So far I hate the Red covers. The character shots really should have been variants
    I’m waiting to see Brooks, Adi, Marquez and Pichelli do a cover.
    First X-Lady

Not trying to difficult but can the ongoing Bendis duscussion be created on his own thread? I feel we have digressed from the point of this thread..... and you are NEVER gonna change each others minds, so stop trying.

I want Jean discusions!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Not trying to difficult but can the ongoing Bendis duscussion be created on his own thread? I feel we have digressed from the point of this thread..... and you are NEVER gonna change each others minds, so stop trying.

I want Jean discusions!
    That is a Jean discussion regardless.

But anyway, it seems like Phoenix Resurrection and Red seem to be so far down the timeline that while it's before X-23, it's after the return of Wolverine. Or at least Red is.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post

I want Jean discusions!
    The Bendis discussion had already been ended days ago before you just brought it back up. We were discussing Jean and this is her thread so it was appropriate.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Bendis discussion had already been ended days ago before you just brought it back up. We were discussing Jean and this is her thread so it was appropriate.
    Thank you for this, it was a light discussion and there certainly have been longer discussions in this forum over more trivial things.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    That is a Jean discussion regardless.

But anyway, it seems like Phoenix Resurrection and Red seem to be so far down the timeline that while it's before X-23, it's after the return of Wolverine. Or at least Red is.
    Yeah, don't forget Laura wouldn't know Logan is back at first. She's not involved in any of the Hunt for Wolverine stuff (maybe Red's first arc is at roughly the same time?). When she finds out, that's when she'll surrender the cowl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If Jean was involved in Hunt for Wolverine what role do you see her having? I have a feeling if she does appear at all it will be at the end where they both welcome each other back to the world. I assume the annual is where Jean learns Scott and Logan are dead.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    If Jean was involved in Hunt for Wolverine what role do you see her having? I have a feeling if she does appear at all it will be at the end where they both welcome each other back to the world. I assume the annual is where Jean learns Scott and Logan are dead.
    She learned Scott was dead in PR when he was resurrected from death and died again in her eyes

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Jean is definitely aware Scott is dead. Her saying goodbye to him was probably one of the hardest things she's ever had to do, and was absolutely one of the singular best parts of Phoenix Resurrection. "You let me see my husband one last time."

As for what role she should have in the Hunt for Wolverine, given the current state of things I would love to see her bring Logan back to his senses... Platonically. No mushy "this isn't the Logan I love" nonsense.

If we eventually start to see Logan and Jean paired up, and I hope that we do not still, I'd prefer that it happen naturally as opposed to basically just retconning it in.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The timeline is a mess. While phoenix resurrection happened earlier in real life it seems that it hasn't happened in the other books. X-men red is like 2 months in the future and i dont really now if hunt for wolverine is before or after Jean's return.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    If we eventually start to see Logan and Jean paired up, and I hope that we do not still, I'd prefer that it happen naturally as opposed to basically just retconning it in.
    I'm more of Jean/Scott fan but i don't have a problem if marvel pairs Jean and Logan. in fact with scott being dead its the best time to do it, without love triangles or bad drama, but i honestly don't want it rushed. let things go naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The timeline is a mess. While phoenix resurrection happened earlier in real life it seems that it hasn't happened in the other books. X-men red is like 2 months in the future and i dont really now if hunt for wolverine is before or after Jean's return.
    Red #1 was partially 2 months ahead of where the current arc of Red is. We dont know where it falls in the timeline, e.x. if its 2 months ahead of the other books.