Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Except that Jean is supposed to have an eidetic memory.
    But did it really hurt to gain additional knowledge here? What she was doing wasnt trivial. She could have easily killed or damaged Storm further if she messed up and thats not a risk I think Jean would have been willing to take

On the flipside, she's been dead for several years. I dont blame her for not remembering all the specific details from something she had done quite some time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But did it really hurt to gain additional knowledge here? What she was doing wasnt trivial. She could have easily killed or damaged Storm further if she messed up and thats not a risk I think Jean would have been willing to take

On the flipside, she's been dead for several years. I dont blame her for not remembering all the specific details from something she had done quite some time ago
    I would just like the writers to know the characters they are writing about and show the same love and depth of knowledge about them that their greatest fans have for the characters.

I just asked a simple question originally based on the character we all supposedly love. Didn't really expect all this hullabaloo. Of course I don't want Jean to hurt poor Ororo either.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yessssss!!! "We need JEAN GREY" hell yeah let my girl FLEX on an Avengers title. I would love to see Jean Grey guest starring in a Avengers book for an issue or two. And I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility seeing Jean Grey joining The Avengers roster a year or two down the line.
    I don't know, I would like Jean to be an avenger? Yes and no. Of course, it would be great to see Jean work with the avengers but after AvX and as Captain America treated Scott I don't see her working with them as one of them, I know that many X-Men turned their backs on her but I think Jean would be one of the few X-Men that would remain with Scott, even after he killed Xavier. Maybe a crosover in which she worked with them but not as an avenger. Like a avenger, maybe she cleaned up Scott's image? Yes, of course, but I don't know, I have conflicting feelings about this, before AvX my answer would have been a clear yes, but now ...

Well, like a lot of things, we don't know what Jean thinks about what Scott did in her absence. But that's likely to be addressed in Red's annual which will be the next book out. We know she still loves him, and that's not going to change. I predict her response to his actions will be similar to this:

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I suspect that Jean is going to understand why things got so bad with Scott, will disagree, but will understand. And wish that things hadn't gotten so bad.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Also comic characters have an unparalleled ability to forgive when it's story convenient. Captain Marvel put Iron Man in a coma like a month ago comic time and now they're on the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I don't know, I would like Jean to be an avenger? Yes and no. Of course, it would be great to see Jean work with the avengers but after AvX and as Captain America treated Scott I don't see her working with them as one of them, I know that many X-Men turned their backs on her but I think Jean would be one of the few X-Men that would remain with Scott, even after he killed Xavier. Maybe a crosover in which she worked with them but not as an avenger. Like a avenger, maybe she cleaned up Scott's image? Yes, of course, but I don't know, I have conflicting feelings about this, before AvX my answer would have been a clear yes, but now ...
    Cyclops wasn't innocent on AvX, so I completely understand why Captain america wasn't drinking Scott's kool aid on the event.
    She is working with Namor that didn't had a good relationship with Cyclops, I don't think she will have a problem with Captain at all
    Avengers have a rotational roster, hope she gonna be in one of them. Doesn't make sense on eof the most powerful superhero not being on avengers

Fantastic Member

Cyclops wasn't innocent on AvX, so I completely understand why Captain america wasn't drinking Scott's kool aid on the event.
    She is working with Namor that didn't had a good relationship with Cyclops, I don't think she will have a problem with Captain at all
    Avengers have a rotational roster, hope she gonna be in one of them. Doesn't make sense on eof the most powerful superhero not being on avengers
    For me it's been a very good Jean Grey day. From an awesome issue of X-Men Red, Jean interacting with new characters like Namor, to her being name dropped by Tony Stark in Avengers. I liked the latter especially, because it shows that Jean is not just a telepath, she is considered THE telepath. At least one of the most trust worthy one's as far as the rest of the Super Hero community goes.

I also don't think bad blood with Cyclops would be a bar to Jean working with anyone she needed too. Cyclops certainly didn't have any qualms about working with her enemies. I like to hope that this is a sign that Jean will play a role in the larger Marvel Universe. My hopes for a romantic relationship with Steve Rogers and Jean Grey is well documented. But I could also see meaningful friendships forming between her and the many other marquee heroes out there.
    Last edited by PowerPlay25; 05-16-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    For me it's been a very good Jean Grey day. From an awesome issue of X-Men Red, Jean telling Namor he'll have to wear clothes makes me LOL, to her being name dropped by Tony Stark in Avengers. I liked the latter especially, because it shows that Jean is not just a telepath, she is considered THE telepath. At least one of the most trust worthy one's as far as the rest of the Super Hero community goes.

I also don't think bad blood with Cyclops would be a bar to Jean working with anyone she needed too. Cyclops certainly didn't have any qualms about working with her enemies. I like to hope that this is a sign that Jean will play a role in the larger Marvel Universe. My hopes for a romantic relationship with Steve Rogers and Jean Grey is well documented. But I could also see meaningful friendships forming between her and the many other marquee heroes out there.
    Oooohhh....am liking that Steve Rogers and Jean Grey pair up. From a boyscout (Cyclops) to another boyscout (Steve Rogers). But hopefully in the future, not now, while Jean still has a lot of room to grow to.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    It's not significant but over in Avengers #2 today Tony namedrops Jean while fighting a bunch of Celestials.

Attachment 65981

So, Jean's the go to telepath, I could get used to that.

XM:R continues to be the best book on the X-side of things each month.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    For me it's been a very good Jean Grey day. From an awesome issue of X-Men Red, Jean interacting with new characters like Namor, to her being name dropped by Tony Stark in Avengers. I liked the latter especially, because it shows that Jean is not just a telepath, she is considered THE telepath. At least one of the most trust worthy one's as far as the rest of the Super Hero community goes.

Scott just worked really close to Emma, specially with his tongue and everything else involved. So I don't think Jean working with people who had disagreements with Scott is a thing very possible.
    Cyclops can't guilt trip her for that; or falling into Steve Rogers arms.

Captain America is boring with not much personality. Ive never seen him have romantic chemistry with anyone and I dont see that changing with Jean. He comes across more asexual to me. His most significant pairing is whom, Sharon Carter? Even that never set the world on fire and is on anyone's radar as one of the most iconic Marvel couple

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Captain America is boring with not much personality. Ive never seen him have romantic chemistry with anyone and I dont see that changing with Jean. He comes across more asexual to me. His most significant pairing is whom, Sharon Carter? Even that never set the world on fire and is on anyone's radar as one of the most iconic Marvel couple
    Comic Captain America is more bland than the movie counterpart for sure. That is because writers often focus on his heroics and not personal life. Movie is far more personal than comics.
    Sharon Carter is Peggy Carter, that is the love of his life), niece. Of course it won't set the world on fire.
    I think he has little baggage and a cleaner love life, making him a good candidate.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

personally if marvel isn't going to pair her with Logan (i'm neutral with the ship but now is the best time to do it without drama) then i would like something with Namor or Thor. I know it maybe wont last or be serious but it could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Comic Captain America is more bland than the movie counterpart for sure. That is because writers often focus on his heroics and not personal life. Movie is far more personal than comics.
    Sharon Carter is Peggy Carter, that is the love of his life), niece. Of course it won't set the world on fire.
    I think he has little baggage and a cleaner love life, making him a good candidate.
    Thats true. I think Captain America is more well known for what he represents in terms of being leader of the Avengers and an icon of Marvel heroism. He doesnt really have the personal focus that other top heroes do like Iron Man and Spider-Man