Fantastic Member

Captain America is boring with not much personality. Ive never seen him have romantic chemistry with anyone and I dont see that changing with Jean. He comes across more asexual to me. His most significant pairing is whom, Sharon Carter? Even that never set the world on fire and is on anyone's radar as one of the most iconic Marvel couple
    Years ago I might have agreed but then I read Ed Brubaker's Captain America run. It really helped me appreciate Steve Rogers as a character. There is grit to him. And a kind of world-weariness that would be a good contrast to Jean's, occasional star-eyes. And to be fair, I don't think Jean's relationship with Cyclops, counts as Iconic anymore. And hey, maybe Jean could be his Iconic romance?!?!

personally if marvel isn't going to pair her with Logan (i'm neutral with the ship but now is the best time to do it without drama) then i would like something with Namor or Thor. I know it maybe wont last or be serious but it could be fun.
    Ick, I like Namor as a friend but NOT as a love interest. Emma likes Jean's scraps, not vice versa. I could totally get on board with a Thor/Jean liaison though.

I think he has little baggage and a cleaner love life, making him a good candidate.
    Very much this. And I also think Jean is very good at getting people to get carried away with her. When she lets herself be care-free, even during short lived, down time issues, she can be silly and infectious. I could see that mixing well with Steve Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Years ago I might have agreed but then I read Ed Brubaker's Captain America run. It really helped me appreciate Steve Rogers as a character. There is grit to him. And a kind of world-weariness that would be a good contrast to Jean's, occasional star-eyes. And to be fair, I don't think Jean's relationship with Cyclops, counts as Iconic anymore. And hey, maybe Jean could be his Iconic romance?!?!

Jean and Scott will ALWAYS be iconic. Despite not being an item for 14 years, they are the core go to X-couple and we see that throughout multiple iterations whether it be film, AR stories and most representations of the X-men. Morrison didnt change the fact that they are iconic

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    It's not significant but over in Avengers #2 today Tony namedrops Jean while fighting a bunch of Celestials.

Ufff, finally Jean appears and is mentioned in others books.

I loved X-men Red issue 4. I take back what I previously said about X-men Red. I love that Jean is so confident in the use of her powers. I also love that Storm is now a member of the team. I love Jean and Storm together. I hope Storm also takes a leadership role. I would love to see them co-lead the team.

I can't wait until they figure out that Cassandra is behind all of this.

Really enjoying Taylor's Jean. I think he is like the perfect mix of claremont and morrison with her voice.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lol there are female strippers too. Do those kinds of strip joints even exist?

Morrison is definitely Taylor's template for Jean. Eager to see him push her even further.

RED I liked Jean was spectacular and powerful, I did not like that Storm looked so weak on the other hand.

I loved that Jean went to Kitty's bachelorette party.

X-men Red is giving me everything I've wanted during Jean's long absence from the books: a bold vision with Jean in the centre surrounded by familiar and newer faces with stellar and consistent art. I honestly count down the days until each Red comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    It's not significant but over in Avengers #2 today Tony namedrops Jean while fighting a bunch of Celestials.

Attachment 65981
    I saw that too. I think it's a promising sign that Jean's profile is still rising. She's been popping up in more X-books, as well. I thinks he's poised to become more prominent, especially with X-men Dark Phoenix coming out next year. After being dead for so long, I think it's only fitting she make her presence felt once more.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Jean dancing with Domino and Meggan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Jean dancing with Domino and Meggan.
    Is it me, or does Storm looks like she's belting a hard metal kind of song? So fun to look at!

Why DID Dazzler miss that, I wonder?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why DID Dazzler miss that, I wonder?
    She had a major role with Emma in fighting the Inhumans. Kitty is good about holding grudges for things everyone else has moved on from.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    She had a major role with Emma in fighting the Inhumans. Kitty is good about holding grudges for things everyone else has moved on from.
    so did a good number of the women at the party. Besides Storm is the on that organized this, not Kitty