BTW, there was a really cool page in this week's Cable that showed 3 alternate universe Versions of Scott and Jean Training Kid Cable in telekinesis (one of them was Rachel and Jean tho, still pretty cool).

Still waiting for Marvel to make a new adventures of cyclops and Phoenix mini

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    BTW, there was a really cool page in this week's Cable that showed 3 alternate universe Versions of Scott and Jean Training Kid Cable in telekinesis (one of them was Rachel and Jean tho, still pretty cool).

Cable's book has been awesome! I enjoy every appearance of her in this and i hope we can see adult jean interact with cable in present time.

Im interested in seeing a "The Lost Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" mini. Bring back Joe Kelly and or Seagle and let them have a chance to write the Jean and Scott story they wanted to in the late 90s. Have it take place while they were retired in Alaska and make it canon. It could bridge the gap between what he was doing and what we eventually saw with her in Morrison's run (and even the Phoenix raptor in Claremont's Revolution tun)

I didn't think it was 3 alternate versions. Wasn't those just Nathan's memories?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I didn't think it was 3 alternate versions. Wasn't those just Nathan's memories?
    Cable (and X-Man) ran into a batch of their alternate timeline counterparts. Portions of their histories (including alt. Scotts and Jeans) appear in the story. That's what Del torro is referring to.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im interested in seeing a "The Lost Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" mini. Bring back Joe Kelly and or Seagle and let them have a chance to write the Jean and Scott story they wanted to in the late 90s. Have it take place while they were retired in Alaska and make it canon. It could bridge the gap between what he was doing and what we eventually saw with her in Morrison's run (and even the Phoenix raptor in Claremont's Revolution tun)
    The "gap" ended when Xavier invited them back for "The Shattering", setting up the late 90s Apocalypse arc.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    The "gap" ended when Xavier invited them back for "The Shattering", setting up the late 90s Apocalypse arc.
    No the Shattering ended their retirement. We never saw what was going on with them after they left for Alaska as their last appearance was Jean losing her powers as an aftermath of Psy-War. They were setting up for her to explore her powers and possibly really become Phoenix again. The Shattering didnt touch on this. That didnt happen until Morrison's run. Seagle/Kelly filling in the unseen time of Scott and Jean from this era is not a story that needs to be told, but it would be an interesting one to read nontheless

Fantastic Member

I'm looking forward to seeing how Taylor writes Jean in the Annual. That will be focused on Jean's personal life more then Red, which is mission oriented, but based on little moments in the series so far, I still get the impression Jean is deeply saddened by all that she's lost over the years. When T'Challa told Jean that he and Storm were married and Jean looked down and said "the things you miss when your dead." I thought there was real pathos to the moment, it just got overshadowed because so much was going on this issue (which I loved by the by).

Do you think Jean will ever find out that her Mom blamed her for everything in the end? I am not overly fond of End of Grey's because I feel like it was a story that should have been done with Jean Grey in the lead, but I do remember Elaine, someone Jean has always appeared to be very close too, wishing she had never been born. There is so much story material T. Taylor can mine.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I really dislike the End of Greys storyline. When i read it, i felt like marvel was trying to erase jean and everything related to her.
    Jean already knows her parents died, though it could be interesting to see a more deep reaction but i hope they ignore the whole hate part, kind of unnecessary.

Fantastic Member

Jean's lack of involvement is why I don't like the storyline. And to be honest, I kind of liked that Jean had a loving family outside of the X-Men. While Jean's childhood and the awakening of her powers was traumatic, her family loved her a great deal. For Elaine to see her entire life incinerated in front of her, I felt her resentment was understandable and it made her end a lot more tragic. I have to believe this will be a source of angst for Jean at some point.

I'm excited to see Jean pursue new goals and form new relationships. I think the loss of her family should effect her. Taylor is doing incredible character work but I'm really curious to see if this is something he is going to tackle in his writing.

The End of Grey's also was a downer as, up to that point, Jean was one of the few major X-Men who had a happy normal family up until she joined the X-Men and didn't lose it after. Her sister did die because of the Phalanx so she wasn't completely immune, but it was nice to have one major X-Men with family ties outside a team of so many de facto orphans (or turbulent families like Iceman).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    The End of Grey's also was a downer as, up to that point, Jean was one of the few major X-Men who had a happy normal family up until she joined the X-Men and didn't lose it after. Her sister did die because of the Phalanx so she wasn't completely immune, but it was nice to have one major X-Men with family ties outside a team of so many de facto orphans (or turbulent families like Iceman).
    That's really how I felt. Lobdell for whatever reason felt the need to kill of Jean's sister, and Claremont killed off her entire family, save the superpowered ones like Rachel, Cable, and Nate Grey.

Throughout the years any human supporting characters have been found expendable and killed off. Moira. Nurse Frieldlander and Officer Corsi. Kitty Pryde's father.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Jean's lack of involvement is why I don't like the storyline. And to be honest, I kind of liked that Jean had a loving family outside of the X-Men. While Jean's childhood and the awakening of her powers was traumatic, her family loved her a great deal. For Elaine to see her entire life incinerated in front of her, I felt her resentment was understandable and it made her end a lot more tragic. I have to believe this will be a source of angst for Jean at some point.

I'm excited to see Jean pursue new goals and form new relationships. I think the loss of her family should effect her. Taylor is doing incredible character work but I'm really curious to see if this is something he is going to tackle in his writing.
    I don't think the loss of her family will be that touched upon. Marvel in recent decades doesn't like to show mutants around their human family members.

So ironic that the Shiar's wanted to stop the Phoenix manifestation through the Grey's bloodline, when you realize later that the Phoenix is is just the new std, that non-related character can catch...
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Saw this on Reddit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman