X-MEN RED #7
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • Carmen Carnero (A)
    COVER BY JENNY FRISON
    HEADSHOT VARAINT COVER BY TRAVIS CHAREST
    RETURN OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR VARIANT COVER BY DAVID MARQUEZ
    Attack on Atlantis! One of the X-Men’s greatest foes comes calling on the undersea kingdom, determined to bring about their end!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    The new artist...

Well, her jean looks pretty amazing in this commission.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Astonishing X-Men annual #1
    Hmmm...Jean is a known flyer and she's the one running in here...hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Hmmm...Jean is a known flyer and she's the one running in here...hahaha
    reminds me of

I know the context of X in Astonishing and am avoiding spoilers in case people are trade/Unlimited waiting, but I hope Jean is calling the shots for this team considering how utterly unlikable he is. The centrality of him on the cover suggests that X will be in charge though but obviously circumstances/the writer will have changed.

I'm excited for the O5 reunion! I wonder how Jean is gonna react to the new Xavier. From the solicits it seems like she's the POV character, though the focus of the story it's Xavier's hidden agenda or something. Also I like Adult Jeen's costume on Extermination. If only the Blue on it was yellow instead, it would be a perfect costume for the original Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I know the context of X in Astonishing and am avoiding spoilers in case people are trade/Unlimited waiting, but I hope Jean is calling the shots for this team considering how utterly unlikable he is. The centrality of him on the cover suggests that X will be in charge though but obviously circumstances/the writer will have changed.
    Well, it's just a oneshot(unless they're on the classified X-Book). Seems like X will personally call for an O5 reunion for a specific mission, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    reminds me of

Emma can't even fly! Lol. I'm gonna make it my headcanon that Jean was lifting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm excited for the O5 reunion! I wonder how Jean is gonna react to the new Xavier. From the solicits it seems like she's the POV character, though the focus of the story it's Xavier's hidden agenda or something. Also I like Adult Jeen's costume on Extermination. If only the Blue on it was yellow instead, it would be a perfect costume for the original Jean.
    Well, it's just a oneshot(unless they're on the classified X-Book). Seems like X will personally call for an O5 reunion for a specific mission, so...
    Hope I didn't come across too salty, I'm just really enjoying Jean leading on Red and don't want X to dominate proceedings too much when he's a complication on top of an already complicated character. As you say though, it's a one-off so as long as it's good I'm good. It'll be nice to see Jean and (most of) the original guys.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm so excited for August. An O4+Charles reunion by Rosenberg? Presumably Cassandra advancing her assault on Atlantis? Not two, not three, but FOUR issues featuring some type of Jean Grey? Yes, bitch!

I hope that Jean is going to call Charles/X out on his shit. She's exactly the type of person to do so and I think it'd be a really good twist on their relationship because Jean hasn't really had to deal with the "seedy" version of Professor X before.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Hope I didn't come across too salty, I'm just really enjoying Jean leading on Red and don't want X to dominate proceedings too much when he's a complication on top of an already complicated character. As you say though, it's a one-off so as long as it's good I'm good. It'll be nice to see Jean and (most of) the original guys.
    Not at all. Yeah, I think the O5 won't want to follow X after that, so whether Jean will lead or not won't have any consequences. She could be the one leading the O4 in battle though... It says Xavier wants to send them on a mission, rather than going with them lol. But who knows if that's even gonna happen, by the solicit seems like Jean just called the guys to hang out and he shows up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'm so excited for August. An O4+Charles reunion by Rosenberg? Presumably Cassandra advancing her assault on Atlantis? Not two, not three, but FOUR issues featuring some type of Jean Grey? Yes, bitch!
    Actually, 6! We have Red and Astonishing annual with original Jean and Extermination #1/#2 + Blue #33/#34 with future Jeen!

The point (for me at least) of the monthly schedule was to keep Asrar as the only artist of the book.
    If they have Carmen Carnero rotating with Asrar, Marvel should publish Red bi-monthly, don't you think ?
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

I totally blanked on the normal Extermination mini!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post
    The point (for me at least) of the monthly schedule was to keep Asrar as the only artist of the book.
    If they have Carmen Carnero rotating with Asrar, Marvel should publish Red bi-monthly, don't you think ?
    No. We'd have even more rotating artists then. We are getting six months of quality Asrar issues, he deserves a break and to get a headstart on the next few months. I'm grateful for this. Imagine the schedule was like Saga where we get six month breaks, or more, so Staples can do ALL of the art.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I totally blanked on the normal Extermination mini!!!

No. We'd have even more rotating artists then. We are getting six months of quality Asrar issues, he deserves a break and to get a headstart on the next few months. I'm grateful for this. Imagine the schedule was like Saga where we get six month breaks, or more, so Staples can do ALL of the art.
    2 (friendly) words : John Cassaday

I loved the fact that Astonishing was only his and Whedon's.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Looks like Jean is starting to finally venture into other books. I’m trying to figure out what the classified book is.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post
    2 (friendly) words : John Cassaday

I loved the fact that Astonishing was only his and Whedon's.
    Astonishing was amazingly written but because of the art schedule was downgraded from the flagship title due to inconsistent releases.

Do you want that for Red?

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Looks like Jean is starting to finally venture into other books. I’m trying to figure out what the classified book is.
    My guess is it's going to be Uncanny X-Men starring Wolverine, X, and a few others. We'll know next month.

Astonishing was amazingly written but because of the art schedule was downgraded from the flagship title due to inconsistent releases.

To be 100 % honest I didn't mind.
    I would have preferred New X-Men to be late, with Quitely as the only artist, rather than Kordey in time.

But I really respect the fact that schedule is important for you (and many readers).
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Glad I read the post you quoted bc I thought you were talking about the current volume