The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    I agree 100%. And I wish X-Men Red is her chance to shine and grow and continue onto other books
    I'm more surprised that anyone would agree with this man but okay.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

What's important now is that Jean is a live and in the spotlight. I'm really happy for that and she deserves it.

I want her to grow and expand over the marvel universe but being totally honest part of me is a little nervous. when Scott got the spotlight he got some good stories and progression but there was a point were marvel just started to tear everything up and his character progression didn't end in a good place.Scott got so much "development" that he became a different character (one that i didn't like much anymore). I would fear if Jean ends in a similar place, deconstructed and untochable.

I want Jean to change and expand but i want her to be Jean. To take the reins, shine and kick ass by who Jean is and don't become another person. Maybe i'm a little paranoic in that regard but Scott's devolpment doesn't give me much hope.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-29-2018 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    when it comes about costumes, the disccussion always focus on the phoenix costume, the 90's one or the one from morrison's run but what about the marvel girl costume, the green one?
    What do you guys/girls think about the green marvel girl costume?
    For me it's cute and underrated, a bit outdated and of course it wouldn't work now but it's cool.
    Attachment 66403
    It’s one of the costumes that artist/writers seem to like to draw or bring up again and again esp if it involves Jean’s history. I think it’s because it stands out and you know exactly what time it was from.
    First X-Lady

Never been a fan of the Marvelgirl weak damsel dress. It fit with the times in the 60’s but I never care to see it again on Jean. I think her blue and red Xfactor costumes are severely underrated and I believe that a modern interpretation of the blue Xfactor costume could work for modern Jean.

I really want to see a modern version of Jean's blue X-factor costume. It has her signature head piece when she's in non Phoenix form, and overall it is a sleek design that pays tribute to her as the very first X-Woman by placing a big fat X on her chest, bisecting her perfect breasts. I also think that black and chartreuse green go really well with Jean's glorious red hair. It's Evolution inspired, which is why I colored Art Adams Jean like that
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I really want to see a modern version of Jean's blue X-factor costume. It has her signature head piece when she's in non Phoenix form, and overall it is a sleek design that pays tribute to her as the very first X-Woman by placing a big fat X on her chest, bisecting her perfect breasts. I also think that black and chartreuse green go really well with Jean's glorious red hair. It's Evolution inspired, which is why I colored Art Adams Jean like that
    You mean like this?

Those aren’t too bad. I would love to see a different color for Jean though, let Beast keep the blue color.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    the 2 look amazing!

Sort of. I don't like Jean's outfit here as it does not have the X on the chest like Angel or Scott.Also she doesn't even have belt like the boys do. But yes, something along the lines of this would work.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I really like the second attached image up there for the costume. It's great.

Something like the 2009 New Mutants look would be real good too.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Hi, I'm new here.
    I've been reading some issues and I really like Jean, she's one of my favorite.
    About the costumes, I don't like the one in Red, it remembers me her costume in 90's and I didn't like that one either.
    I like her costume in x-factor, red an yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    Hi, I'm new here.
    I've been reading some issues and I really like Jean, she's one of my favorite.
    About the costumes, I don't like the one in Red, it remembers me her costume in 90's and I didn't like that one either.
    I like her costume in x-factor, red an yellow.
    Welcome to CBR and especially to the Jean thread!

I and a few others would be more than willing to offer you some reading suggestions. Jean is, after all, our favorite character!

As for costumes, I agree with you for the most part - though I'm not a huge fan of the red and yellow X-Factor look. I don't really like Jean wearing red in the first place, I think that it clashes with her hair color. I'm fond of her in green and yellow/gold like with the Marvel Girl dress, the Phoenix look, and her original X-Factor look (which would've been perfect had it not been for the headsock covering her hair.) And other than that, I like Jean in black/blue and gold. Like the last X-Factor look, First Class, and Season One.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Welcome to CBR and especially to the Jean thread!

I and a few others would be more than willing to offer you some reading suggestions. Jean is, after all, our favorite character!

As for costumes, I agree with you for the most part - though I'm not a huge fan of the red and yellow X-Factor look. I don't really like Jean wearing red in the first place, I think that it clashes with her hair color. I'm fond of her in green and yellow/gold like with the Marvel Girl dress, the Phoenix look, and her original X-Factor look (which would've been perfect had it not been for the headsock covering her hair.) And other than that, I like Jean in black/blue and gold. Like the last X-Factor look, First Class, and Season One.
    Thank you

You're right, green and yellow looks nice in her. All phoenix costumes are beautiful, I love the black in PR.

I thought the look that X-Men Forever Jean had, even if the book was bad, was a real good blend of Jean's iconic looks!

I disliked that one. It begged for the Phoenix icon or even the X in the middle. As is, especially with that color scheme, it felt boring and too generic