Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    It adds more fire to the theory that the O5 (and maybe other alt characters ie bloodstorm) will go home soon since I don’t think Marvel can keep track of all them and keep things straight esp in the long run. For me it feels like time for them to go back anyways now that the originals are making their way back.
    Remember that X-Classified solicit? Could that involve Cyclops? After all, Multiple Man's about to come back and he died of M-pox too. If so, then all of the O5 are alive, and teens are redundant. They'll be going home at the end of Extermination, I'm sure of that, with Gold and Blue replaced by something new in October.

I just hope if they do go home, the adult counterparts gain their memories... as well as the obvious situation, Jean suddenly realising she knows Laura a lot better than she thought, because teen Jean was her teammate in All-New X-Men - it would be interesting to see Kamala Khan react to a resurrected Cyclops who remembers being her friend, but is now nearly twice her age!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Remember that X-Classified solicit? Could that involve Cyclops? After all, Multiple Man's about to come back and he died of M-pox too. If so, then all of the O5 are alive, and teens are redundant. They'll be going home at the end of Extermination, I'm sure of that, with Gold and Blue replaced by something new in October.

I just hope if they do go home, the adult counterparts gain their memories... as well as the obvious situation, Jean suddenly realising she knows Laura a lot better than she thought, because teen Jean was her teammate in All-New X-Men - it would be interesting to see Kamala Khan react to a resurrected Cyclops who remembers being her friend, but is now nearly twice her age!
    While it could be interesting to see what influence the teens have on their adult counterparts, i doubt marvel is going to explore it.

besides they love blue furry scientist beast ( i do too) he is superior to magick beast, archangel is superior to young angel, iceman is equal and while i love teen Jean, adult Jean is superior. I doubt for example that marvel is going to make the beast start casting spells in the avengers.

If the teens go back (which i doubt) they will probably be mindwiped and nothing of what they have done will have any repercussions for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    While it could be interesting to see what influence the teens have on their adult counterparts, i doubt marvel is going to explore it.

besides they love blue furry scientist beast ( i do too) he is superior to magick beast, archangel is superior to young angel, iceman is equal and while i love teen Jean, adult Jean is superior. I doubt for example that marvel is going to make the beast start casting spells in the avengers.

If the teens go back (which i doubt) they will probably be mindwiped and nothing of what they have done will have any repercussions for better or worse.
    One of the few things said about Extermination was that it would make some story events more flexible.

I really doubt Marvel will do a event just so everything will stay the same

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's not that. Jean just ressurrected, Cyclops can wait some years

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hate the covers for Red. I wish these character portraits were variants and that we got traditional covers that reflect whats happening in the book. Red is an amazing book but the covers are boring
    The covers dont need to be exact scenes in the book. Group shots are always great. Having Cassandra looking menacing would have been a good one. Storm vs the team as well. So many missed opportunities

Read Red earlier and had to Photoshop this. This spread would have made for a better cover

Read Red earlier and had to Photoshop this. This spread would have made for a better cover
    Well, the second printing covers have all been panels, hopefully the one for #5 is that.

this judt shows how great asrar is. great use of space and dinamics

Agree. I hope we will get a full team cover for RED.

Is the colorist staying the same even though Asrar is leaving? I hope so cause this shade of red and blue is working for me for Jean’s costume.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

Is it just safer to discuss Red in this thread? Without the annoyance of the All Goddess' acolytes.

The series is a breath of fresh air and Jean is a good leader.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Is it just safer to discuss Red in this thread? Without the annoyance of the All Goddess' acolytes.

The series is a breath of fresh air and Jean is a good leader.
    sure, considering Jean is the lead focus and we talk about it as it pertains to her here

As I said in the Red thread, Jean is really intent on making her group as non-violent as possible. In their skirmish with the military the most aggressive thing they did was destroy the soldier's weapons. Their sentinel doesn't even have weapons anymore apparently.

I want to see Taylor push Jean in this direction and see how far she can go and still hold to being anti-violent but assertive at the same time.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't get the hate, X-men Red is Jean's book, after 14 years dead she deserves the spotlight.

Sadly the Storm fans are the ones complaining the most. would they prefer if storm wasn't there at all?

I don't get the hate, X-men Red is Jean's book, after 14 years dead she deserves the spotlight.

Sadly the Storm fans are the ones complaining the most. would they prefer if storm wasn't there at all?
    I think it's only a couple of very vocal Storm fans, which are not really happy with the spotlight being on Jean right now. They think Storm deserve to be the center of everything, Jean has been away for more than 14 years, she deserve a bit of the spotlight...I don' understand why they think that Jean being back make Storm a weaker character...

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    As I said in the Red thread, Jean is really intent on making her group as non-violent as possible. In their skirmish with the military the most aggressive thing they did was destroy the soldier's weapons. Their sentinel doesn't even have weapons anymore apparently.

I want to see Taylor push Jean in this direction and see how far she can go and still hold to being anti-violent but assertive at the same time.
    This I won't lie when I first read that I did think, I hope this isn't a story of how naive Jean is and that eventually she'll have to relent. Then I thought about something the X-men are one the most powerful groups on the planet, with their unique abilities, histories, and experiences they should be able to approach conflicts from a non-violent way using those means in only the most dire circumstances.

The only reason I wish Storm wasn't in this title, I love the character but some of her fans are just too much. If anyone deserves consistent and continuous attention it's Jean especially with the amount of time she's been away. What's worse is you have all these sects of different characters fans attacking Jean for stealing the spotlight from their faves and she's been restricted to one ensemble book, which is only on issue 5.

I loved the issue, agree that it was a bit shorter than the other, but whether Jean was helming this title or not I would truly believe Red is the best X-book by a mile. It feels like the characters the things that happen actually matter, and the story feels like it's progressing. It's also memorable the things that happen are always apparent while reading the title unlike so many title which just go through the motions.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    I think it's only a couple of very vocal Storm fans, which are not really happy with the spotlight being on Jean right now. They think Storm deserve to be the center of everything, Jean has been away for more than 14 years, she deserve a bit of the spotlight...I don' understand why they think that Jean being back make Storm a weaker character...
    They like some Emma and Cyke fans are threaten by what Jean will be allowed to do, it doesn't matter that their faves have appeared in multiple title consistently for years, received massive amounts of attention, or has held a multitude of titles and opportunities for development. Instead they see Jean getting the kind of writing they wish for their faves and they resent her. If they were going to do more with certain characters they would they don't because like most things Marvel goes through cycles.