BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    They'll be a non-violent team until Cassandra Nova...she isn't a character you can reason with
    Which is fine. I would love to see a knock down drag out fight between Jean and Cassandra, and I can't wait to see Jean kick Cassandra's butt.

Fantastic Member

They'll be a non-violent team until Cassandra Nova...she isn't a character you can reason with
    Agreed and I thank her for that because then we will see Jean tear Cassandra apart once more. Do you guys think that maybe they want Jean to develop Phoenix powers on her own like Jim Lee had in mind to do?

I'm willing to give it more time with another artist to see how someone else interprets the outfit.

Anyone else find these "Extermination 20 yrs from now" things completely stupid? The teams are apparently exactly the same (and the outfits) which the teams and outfits changes like every two years. So Jean's team are STILL fighting for her ideology 20 years in the future?
    Indeed its very stupid. Also why I get the feeling that the Phoenix Force/Phoenix Jean will appear in the conclusion to fix this mess?

Really really wish Jean’s return led to a better book. Thus far, X-Men: Red has been insufferable and has written Jean and other characters (but especially Jean) completely out of character. They made her dumb, uncompassionate, and obnoxious. The opposite of Jean’s historical characterization. Plus, the rest of Red is trash as well.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Dumb, uncompassionate, and obnoxious?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    X-Men Gold? Yes. Yes it is...all that and more.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Mutant nation and the infamous hotdog scene.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Really really wish Jean’s return led to a better book. Thus far, X-Men: Red has been insufferable and has written Jean and other characters (but especially Jean) completely out of character. They made her dumb, uncompassionate, and obnoxious. The opposite of Jean’s historical characterization. Plus, the rest of Red is trash as well.
    Jean is being completely in character. Her charcterization this far has been amazing and we couldnt ask for better following her return. Sorry you dont like it but for the most part we Jean fans are good

Fantastic Member

Am actually curious how this Jean vs Rachel will go down in the coming issues.

I for one gets frustrated when going over discussions on the issues and a lot of arguments on things totally unrelated and it just branches out to so many things, its kindda hard to follow.

And X-Men Red should really focus on Jean Grey, because Red is all about going a different direction than any other X-Men stories have taken, its Jean's direction, so I agree, rotate the characters and Jean will be the only constant on all of the issues. X-Men Red is about Jean's dream anyway.

I have noting negative to say about X-Men Red at all (probably because I missed Jean so much, that seeing her kicking butt just excites me). I like Honey Badger one liners, I like the Sentinel X idea, am digging Nightcrawler's beard.

Here's looking forward to more Jean action!

BANNED

Is Rachel going to be a threat in this book? I thought Nova's comments in the Annual were more eluding to the "hound arc" in Gold

Is Rachel going to be a threat in this book? I thought Nova's comments in the Annual were more eluding to the "hound arc" in Gold
    That assumes that the books are aware of each other. Asides from the Mojo crossover, I haven't seen any cross-references between the X-titles at all. It's almost like they are all taking place in different universes.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I think Jean's compassion and empathy have been at the forefront of Taylor's portrayal of the character. I mean in issue five we see her consoling the man who killed the mutant girl (after Trinary takes care of the Sentinel in his head), and then has Nightcrawler get his father so the two could have a moment. She's very aware and sensitive to the emotions of the people around her, and then acts accordingly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    That assumes that the books are aware of each other. Asides from the Mojo crossover, I haven't seen any cross-references between the X-titles at all. It's almost like they are all taking place in different universes.
    Oh good I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed that.

I dont want Rachel in Red...Jean's scope just seems to much bigger than alt. reality daughter with mommy issues.

Anyone else find these "Extermination 20 yrs from now" things completely stupid? The teams are apparently exactly the same (and the outfits) which the teams and outfits changes like every two years. So Jean's team are STILL fighting for her ideology 20 years in the future?
    Civil rights activists across the planet have been fighting for decades in the real world for the same ideas and ideals; seeing Jean's team still fighting is in no way shocking.

Expecting me to believe that their underwater base survived for 2 decades? That's funny.
    Last edited by nx01a; 06-07-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Oh good I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed that.

I dont want Rachel in Red...Jean's scope just seems to much bigger than alt. reality daughter with mommy issues.
    To be honest I'm more excited about the possible storytelling potential. I Mean Gene has a daughter from an alternate timeline where she grew up as a brainwashed Hound hunting other mutants. That's a hell of a traumatic past. And yet Marvel has done nothing with that connection for over two decades I'm curious to see what Taylor does with it in my opinion he writes emotional scenes quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Civil rights activists across the planet have been fighting for decades in the real world for the same ideas and ideals; seeing Jean's team still fighting is in no way shocking.

Expecting me to believe that their underwater base survived for 2 decades? That's funny.
    Of course it did. By skipping 20 years they removed every writer who'd destroy it for cheap drama.