Of course I only read the Ult Spiderman issues that involved Ult Jean but I’ve only seen mostly positive reactions to Bendis’s Ult Spiderman run and everyone seem to love Ult Peter Parker.

Though I have seen a lot of complaint about his Avenger’s run.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Of course I only read the Ult Spiderman issues that involved Ult Jean but I’ve only seen mostly positive reactions to Bendis’s Ult Spiderman run and everyone seem to love Ult Peter Parker.

Though I have seen a lot of complaint about his Avenger’s run.
    Is generrally well regarded, althougth most people agreed that it lost some charm after Ultimatum for what i seem, i just don't have a hight opinion on it.

Also i apologize to all Jean Grey fans for derail the thread for a bit.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i liked the last x men red
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    THat happened like 2 months before Second Coming; they didn’t rewrite things that late. That wasn’t a hint at her being Jean, but rather the first hint of her mimicry powers. I never bought that theory that she was Jean and felt it was more a red herring. I speculated that her powers would involve mimicry and thats what they ended up revealing
    Which is why she shouldn't be called an alternative version of Jean. Her powers are NOTHING like Jean's (her power is mimicry) and she does not have a personality like Jean. The only thing they have in common is red hair. But big deal, plenty of people have the same hair color.

Would be nice to see her and Cable meet the Adult Jean Grey now that she's back.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Which is why she shouldn't be called an alternative version of Jean. Her powers are NOTHING like Jean's (her power is mimicry) and she does not have a personality like Jean. The only thing they have in common is red hair. But big deal, plenty of people have the same hair color.

Would be nice to see her and Cable meet the Adult Jean Grey now that she's back.
    Not adult Jean but as written by Hopeless, teen Jean and Hope have the same personality. Its one of the reasons why I disliked his rendition of Jean in that series. And ts not just hair color but connection to the Phoenix Force, more than anything. The only other redhead as intimately tied to it was Rachel.

IA, that having her and Cable meeting Jean needs to happen

BANNED

THat happened like 2 months before Second Coming; they didn’t rewrite things that late. That wasn’t a hint at her being Jean, but rather the first hint of her mimicry powers. I never bought that theory that she was Jean and felt it was more a red herring. I speculated that her powers would involve mimicry and thats what they ended up revealing
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

Not adult Jean but as written by Hopeless, teen Jean and Hope have the same personality. Its one of the reasons why I disliked his rendition of Jean in that series. And ts not just hair color but connection to the Phoenix Force, more than anything. The only other redhead as intimately tied to it was Rachel.

IA, that having her and Cable meeting Jean needs to happen
    The way Marvel went about building Hope was a total troll for her being Jean. Being born in Alaska (like Maddie's plane crash), her grabbing scott's locket as a baby with Jean's picture, the hair, the phoenix-y powers to defeat Bastion and the AvX story of the Phoenix coming for her.....it was all a big "could she be Jean!? buy this book to find out"

There was even a "She returns" of multiple covers from different books spelling that out...Hope might not BE one of the alt. version but they tried like hell to make us think she was

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The way Marvel went about building Hope was a total troll for her being Jean. Being born in Alaska (like Maddie's plane crash), her grabbing scott's locket as a baby with Jean's picture, the hair, the phoenix-y powers to defeat Bastion and the AvX story of the Phoenix coming for her.....it was all a big "could she be Jean!? buy this book to find out"

There was even a "She returns" of multiple covers from different books spelling that out...Hope might not BE one of the alt. version but they tried like hell to make us think she was
    I got so numb to that bc Marvel kept with the teasing and hinting that Jean could return. Obviously from all that Hope stuff to also Sisterhood, Rachel and Cuckoos losing their Phoenix fragments, Battle of the Atom, countless covers. Marvel sure knew how to troll her fans for years

BANNED

I got so numb to that bc Marvel kept with the teasing and hinting that Jean could return. Obviously from all that Hope stuff to also Sisterhood, Rachel and Cuckoos losing their Phoenix fragments, Battle of the Atom, countless covers. Marvel sure knew how to troll her fans for years
    They still do....they know that we always give it one more go because there's something on the horizon for our favorite characters.

Same for me.

And don't forget Avengers The Initiative... Mutant Zero was teased as a A list Mutant... She had the same red color, and the same haircut than Jean Grey. And even manifested a Phoenix raptor. Then it was revealed to be... Typhoid Mary !

That's why I have near to zero respect to Marvel, and that for more than ten years I stopped buying their books.
    I was a huge fan before, buying a ton of books...
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

lol, i was complaining about teen jean and rachel but this is beautiful in a ridiculous way (doesn't change my stance though)
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMjkvNTA2L29yaWdpbmFsL1gtTWVuX0dvbGRfMzBfNC5q.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-14-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Mighty Member

There's also Hope's relationship with Cable being a mirror image of his relationship with Jean during her stint in the Askani future as Redd Dayspring.

I think it's pretty obvious Hope was originally intended to be Jean resurrected in some form, and that remained the X-office's intent as late as Schism. Then, they got to AvX and decided to go in a different direction. Perhaps because Bendis was taking over two of the core X-titles and he had different ideas?

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if AvX was originally supposed to end with Hope becoming Phoenix, revealing she's Jean, and undoing M-Day, but that Marvel welched at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    lol, i was complaining about teen jean and rachel but this is beautiful in a ridiculous way (doesn't change my stance though)
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMjkvNTA2L29yaWdpbmFsL1gtTWVuX0dvbGRfMzBfNC5q.jpg
    We will probably only get little moments like these between the Jeans. A big moment might come when young Jean has to go back.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    this is funny, where is it from?

Yeah, that is what made me so mad. Marvel knew back in 2010 that Jean would not be coming back for a long time, and they made us ubber fans spend our hard-earned bucks on that crap, thinking it was Jean when all along they knew she was not! Shame on you, Marvel! Try honesty in advertisment.

That is why I was not so sure if this return in December 2017 was really going to be Jean or another imposter. Glad it really is Jean after all this time!

Er, this is the real 616 Jean, .......right??

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    this is funny, where is it from?
    Next issue of Gold.