Page 1789 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 789128916891739177917851786178717881789179017911792179317991839 ... LastLast
Results 26,821 to 26,835 of 28258
    Fantastic Member

I hope when Jeen leaves this 616, Jean inherits Pickles from her.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    I hope when Jeen leaves this 616, Jean inherits Pickles from her.
    I totally support this. Jean could use a pet anyway. Isn't it canon that she once had a cat when she was younger? She did in the animated series.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think so - it'd be totally cool if Jean had Pickles or a cat presently too. It feels like something she'd do.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean and Cable reunited on panel. I guess this is better than nothing

there's also more Jeans/Rachel interaction

So what the heck issue is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by 3aMeHa View Post
    So what the heck issue is this from?
    GOLD 30 10char

there's also more Jeans/Rachel interaction

They're like the redheaded Cuckoos.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    They're like the redheaded Cuckoos.
    3 in one sisters? Pfft, they are two versions of the same person + an alternate reality daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I totally support this. Jean could use a pet anyway. Isn't it canon that she once had a cat when she was younger? She did in the animated series.
    Yup, the cat's name was Prometheus and she had a plushie Cyclops doll too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    3 in one sisters? Pfft, they are two versions of the same person + an alternate reality daughter.
    Which makes them inherently more interesting than the Clones of a bottled blonde lol

With Gold and Blue ending not sure what other books will emerge but I think Red will continue.

PS did I miss it or have they reveal Trinary’s name yet?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    With Gold and Blue ending not sure what other books will emerge but I think Red will continue.

I think we could get X-Factor starring the O4 + X. I dont see Marvel giving up on the original X-men

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post

Trinary is her real name. No surname revealed. And I agree about Red. I think it'll just change it's name after the second trade.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I've always loved Operation Zero Tolerance (second fave after Onslaught), but this sequence of events annoys me so much.

So yeah the writer made Jean do something cool, but felt the need to bring it down so it wouldn't look too overpowered.
    She made the soldiers see illusions of bastion and used her intelligence to confuse them with the password part, but just had to soil it by making her cry in Scotts arms about the strain of "keeping up the illusions".

In the 90s they kept calling her one of the most powerful Telepaths on earth, so why make her cry about the strain of making a few soldiers see an illusion, something she'd been doing easily for years. This was a period when Nate grey, Xavier, Gamemaster, Exodus and Emma frost were doing big telepathic feats without crying, it's just really annoying because Jean seemed to be the only one complaining about the stress and strain of everything.

And "keeping up the illusions in their psyches", like what? Who is she keeping illusions in their psyches? There's no one watching them now for her to project illusions on, and Telepaths don't need to continuously keep up illusions in the minds of people they showed illusions before.

It just feels like the writer didn't want to make her not seem overpowered, and decided to make up something. Don't know why this sequence always makes me salty, it could have been one of Jeans cool feats, but the part at the end of her crying about her straining to maintain illusions when there's no one to project illusions on just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The mid 90s were kind of problematic for Jean. She had a decent showing in the early 90s as part of the Gold team but writers struggled to make her truly effective probbaly after she married Scott. Things were looking up when Seagle got a hold of her but then editorial nixxed that and it wouldnt be till Claremont got her again in Revolution that we started seeing her do more effective feats effortlessly.

The mid 90s were kind of problematic for Jean. She had a decent showing in the early 90s as part of the Gold team but writers struggled to make her truly effective probbaly after she married Scott. Things were looking up when Seagle got a hold of her but then editorial nixxed that and it wouldnt be till Claremont got her again in Revolution that we started seeing her do more effective feats effortlessly.
    Seagles run is right after OZT and the change is like night and day.
    Jean steps out from the background and is part of the main characters again, she stops complaining about how much she is straining to do anything, she tells it straight to her friends that she will stop holding back her powers just because they are scared. Revolution was a godsend for Jean, Claremont wrote her as confident and compassionate, having playful humorous side, a hot angry side and a cold dangerous side, and the other writers of that email kind of followed that.

The 90s are weird tho, have Jean lift a plane or make an illusion and make her cry about the strain, but then have her shield from an exploding Island or fly into a white hole really casually like it's nothing. It gives me whiplash.