Page 1795 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 795129516951745178517911792179317941795179617971798179918051845 ... LastLast
Results 26,911 to 26,925 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Forgiveness has always been a defining trait of Jean's along with her temper. It's exactly like her to forgive people.
    My reply waa about the afirmation that Jean wanted to get rid of her marriage and xmen respobsabilities

I have a question about Jean and Emma in Murder at the Mansion. Did Jean resurrect Emma? She was completely shattered in diamond form. How could she survive? She had to be dead. Did the Phoenix Force bring Emma back to life and if so why? Its not like it made a habit of resurrecting other dead people (other than Jean)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I have a question about Jean and Emma in Murder at the Mansion. Did Jean resurrect Emma? She was completely shattered in diamond form. How could she survive? She had to be dead. Did the Phoenix Force bring Emma back to life and if so why? Its not like it made a habit of resurrecting other dead people (other than Jean)
    If we go with the msdt 2 pages, an elaborated revenge schene .

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think Jean resurrected Emma with the phoenix, it did because Jean wanted to resurrect Emma.

I first thought she had resurrected her with the Phoenix, but after seeing some discussions and lreading it again I think Emma wasn't dead, just unconscious(obviously LOL) and Jean brought her back joining all the diamond shards with her TK.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

yeah, iirc Emma wasn’t dead, Jean just snapped the pieces back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I first thought she had resurrected her with the Phoenix, but after seeing some discussions and lreading it again I think Emma wasn't dead, just unconscious(obviously LOL) and Jean brought her back joining all the diamond shards with her TK.
    but how could she survive literally having her entire body destroyed? Whats the evidence that says she wasnt dead? I wasnt around for said discussions

I’ll just ask somebody on the Emma Frost appreciation thread.

I think Emma's mind was still holding on. They mentioned she had been disembodied before. Jean used her powers (and the Phoenix powers) to make things right and put Emma back together. She knew Scott needed Emma, because (in my opinion) Jean knew she wasn't long for this world. Jean mentioned to Xavier a few issues after that "I'm going away soon...". Jean knew that Emma had fallen in love with her husband, and Jean as she said during Planet X " I don't know how long they will let me stay".

In my view, and with the story in Morrison's run, Jean died in Planet X so she could be reborn in the future and carry out the disinfection. This is why I hate that Here Comes Tomorrow being ignored because it leaves the disinfection plot dangling (unless we say it concluded with Phoenix Warsong).

According to somebody from the Emma thread (as well as a panel they submitted), Emma’s consciousness was still in the shattered diamond.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think Jean resurrected Emma with the phoenix, it did because Jean wanted to resurrect Emma.
    Jean resurrected Emma, but psychics don't generally die like normal people, their minds get stuck in the astral plane so resurrecting them is easier.

well that settles it. Ive always wondered how different things would be had Jean just left her to die

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Jean resurrected Emma, but psychics don't generally die like normal people, their minds get stuck in the astral plane so resurrecting them is easier.
    Yeah, that's what was explained in the comic: Emma's spirit was still "there" in the astral plane. Jean recreated Emma's body and pulled back her spirit into it.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Yeah, that's what was explained in the comic: Emma's spirit was still "there" in the astral plane. Jean recreated Emma's body and pulled back her spirit into it.
    Does Emma owe the fact that she's physically the same age as the O5 to Jean? Did Jean help make her new nose real? Just how much does Emma owe to Jean? :P
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

lol yeah, better not to think too much about those plots and take them "as is". Morrison wanted to give the feeling that Emma wasn't really dead yet: She was like someone whose heart stopped beating for a few minutes before it was restarted. Naturally, there is just no comparison between those two situations as Emma's brain was shattered into tiny pieces like the rest of her body.