Page 1830 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 830133017301780182018261827182818291830183118321833183418401880 ... LastLast
Results 27,436 to 27,450 of 28258
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    That preview.

WOW.

A few questions Cassandra hates mutants.... but she is Charles’s twin. What exactly is she, if not a mutant.

Can we mention the art.... again WOW.

Who is the boy Cassandrabwas talking to!?

Am loving how all of this is being set up.

If Cassandra is Jeans equivalent of Charles / Eric, who do you want to see as the next protagonist? I get feeling this re Introduction of Jean is gonna be BIG, but when you peak early, where do you go next? Maybe future stores will focus on other team members, Jeans introduction needed to be big and worthy of her, so far i yhink they have succeeded.
    we dont know what Cassandra is because we don't know how she got a body or reformed herself, and probably it wont be explained

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Cassie's doing pretty well in that role.

Besides, there are other types of adversarial relationships to be had. For instance, I've wanted to see the post-Aaron interpretation of Quire bugging Jean for the longest time.
    The gays like female rivalry, since Emma or Maddie end up being too much about Scott, bring Selene.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    It's been repeated several times that Jean was a teenage puppy love mistake and Emma was the love of Scott's life. Jean is still the woman that Scott fell out of love with and Scott is not the same man that Jean fell in love with. It doesn't make sense in-story. It also doesn't make sense out-of-story for Marvel as a business. Fans don't want Jott. They want Scemma.
    I'm sorry, but where has this been stated? Everything I've ever read was that Emma constantly was living in Jean's shadow, that Jean will always be the great love of Scott's life. I mean look at what a resurrected Scott told Jean, about being sorry and that he thought of her every single day.

Also speak for yourself, I don't ever want to see Scemma together again.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    I'm sorry, but where has this been stated? Everything I've ever read was that Emma constantly was living in Jean's shadow, that Jean will always be the great love of Scott's life. I mean look at what a resurrected Scott told Jean, about being sorry and that he thought of her every single day.

Also speak for yourself, I don't ever want to see Scemma together again.
    Exactly. I dont see where there is this overwhelming desire for Scott and Emma again that they would go back there

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    2) It would be the stupidest thing for Marvel to put Scott and Jean back together. It doesn't respect continuity. It's been repeated several times that Jean was a teenage puppy love mistake and Emma was the love of Scott's life. Jean is still the woman that Scott fell out of love with and Scott is not the same man that Jean fell in love with. It doesn't make sense in-story. It also doesn't make sense out-of-story for Marvel as a business. Fans don't want Jott. They want Scemma. From a psychological perspective, that makes sense because of the way our brains internalize and remember events. People judge experiences according to their "peak" (most intense point) and end (Kahneman/Tsversky). Also, the further the "peak" point is in the past, the more the end will matter. If the event has a negative peak and end, then no matter if the majority of the experience was moderately positive, people will still consider it a bad experience. Jott's "peak" was also its end - the affair, her death and that vomit-inducing Scemma kiss over her grave - and it was extremely negative for the couple. On the other hand, Scemma ended with a whimper, not a bang with an acknowledgement of Phoenixclops that Emma was everything he needed while Jean was not. The end was therefore not very memorable and actually slightly positive. Its peak was probably Whedon's Astonishing so fans generally have a positive view of the pairing. So in conclusion, it makes sense for Marvel to have Scott back with Emma rather than Jean.
    Omg. I wanna vomit. Using "It doesn't respect continuity" against Jott and then mentioning all the bullshit statements of "Jean was just a teenage love mistake" when those are what quite LITERALLY don't respect continuity if you remember that in-story, Jean and Scott have been married for 12 YEARS. They have spent 12 years on the future raising Cable. That's more then Scemma has lasted irl, which in the Marvel universe would be like... 3 years at most.

Thankfully, we're not living in the '00s anymore. The current X-Men editors and writers aren't trying to take down Jean to push that mess anymore.

"Fans don't want Jott. They want Scemma."

Not here on CBR. Jean and Scott's thread it's on page 147 while Scemma didn't pass the 10's IIRC. And while CBR is not really an accurate representation of the whole fandom... There's a whole generation of people who grew up seeing Scott and Jean on the '90s cartoon. Or on X-Men Evolution. And now there's gonna be the Dark Phoenix movie where their relationship will have major focus. Jott is so much bigger than the edgy '00s era of Marvel that is long gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Omg. I wanna vomit. Using "It doesn't respect continuity" against Jott and then mentioning all the bullshit statements of "Jean was just a teenage love mistake" when those are what quite LITERALLY don't respect continuity if you remember that in-story, Jean and Scott have been married for 12 YEARS. They have spent 12 years on the future raising Cable. That's more then Scemma has lasted irl, which in the Marvel universe would be like... 3 years at most.

Thankfully, we're not living in the '00s anymore. The current X-Men editors and writers aren't trying to take down Jean to push that mess anymore.

"Fans don't want Jott. They want Scemma."

Not here on CBR. Jean and Scott's thread it's on page 147 while Scemma didn't pass the 10's IIRC. And while CBR is not really an accurate representation of the whole fandom... There's a whole generation of people who grew up seeing Scott and Jean on the '90s cartoon. Or on X-Men Evolution. And now there's gonna be the Dark Phoenix movie where their relationship will have major focus. Jott is so much bigger than the edgy '00s era of Marvel that is long gone...
    at least 12 years. Probably closer to 14-15 when you account 616 prior to her ultimate death

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    at least 12 years. Probably closer to 14-15 when you account 616 prior to her ultimate death
    Yeah, there's more than that, along with all the time they spent together before marriage already as adults. But the way time goes on the MU makes no sense even counting with the sliding timescale, while 12 years are very well established, and there's no reason to ever change that considering it was through time-travel and doesn't affect their physical ages.

BANNED

Jott and Scemma are both trash, but if I have to sacrifice one it would definitely be Emma 10 times out of 10.

They should bring Scemma back and let Jean continue her growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Jott and Scemma are both trash, but if I have to sacrifice one it would definitely be Emma 10 times out of 10.

They should bring Scemma back and let Jean continue her growth.
    I know how you feel about Jott and why you "prefer" Scemma, but that doesn't change the fact that all the **** they said to push that relationship on expense of Jean/Jott was bullshit. Don't forget that "Jean should have stayed forever dead after DPS" was one of the biggest arguments on the Scemma agenda.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Can we change the topic?
    There is always the same people liking or disliking jean/scott repeating the same argument and fighting with no reason, going nowhere. Just a few pages a go we had the same drama. this discussion is pointless lets talk about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Can we change the topic?
    There is always the same people liking or disliking jean/scott repeating the same argument and fighting with no reason, going nowhere. Just a few pages a go we had the same drama. this discussion is pointless lets talk about something else.
    Well, one of the postive things I had to talk about is that Jean is guest starring on Cable #159, the preview is out, and I'm pretty excited for it... But that's also related to Jean/Scott lol.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Well, one of the postive things I had to talk about is that Jean is guest starring on Cable #159, the preview is out, and I'm pretty excited for it... But that's also related to Jean/Scott lol.
    Oh, yeah. Cable's book has been great, i can't wait for the resurrected Jean to talk with Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Can we change the topic?
    I agree with this, but I'm a bit biased.

I also doubt that we'll see Jean and Scott together anytime soon. First, they both need to be alive again at the same time, and only after that mess gets dealt with can they start dealing with the issues that were retconned back into the comics and used to push them apart.

The love triangle with Logan had been broken, only for the movies to bring it back.

And Scott's possession PTSD had also been dealt with, but Morrison didn't like that so he retconned it back, possibly worse than it was to begin with.

But still good. And while it looks like Scott is slipping into mission-think in the comic, that's always been one of his flaws. Jean was always good at reminding him he needs to stop being Cyclops every now and then and just be Scott.

I know how you feel about Jott and why you "prefer" Scemma, but that doesn't change the fact that all the **** they said to push that relationship on expense of Jean/Jott was bullshit. Don't forget that "Jean should have stayed forever dead after DPS" was one of the biggest arguments on the Scemma agenda.
    This narrative felt apart on AvX. Scemma is dangerous together.

if scemma shippers choose the jean should be dead forever, oh well they already started the game losing.