Page 1837 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 83713371737178718271833183418351836183718381839184018411847 ... LastLast
Results 27,541 to 27,555 of 28258
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    So.... any favorite Jean Grey moment over her long carreer?

Either as a characthers or she just being badass
    1- her sacrifice at the end of the dark phoenix saga its what made me idolize her. It showed that jean is pure love but also serious, it was horrible and beautiful at the same time

2- Kicking Creed's ass ( i like Creed but it showed than she can kick ass)

3- there was a scene in x-factor i think? Were scott and logan were fighting for jean and she put both of them in their place. I like both but this scene showed that she is nobody's property.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Madelyne was literally jean, and cyclops isn't one to make excuses, he accepts the fault and blame in his actions, unlike wolverine that blames everything on Cyclops being a meanie to him and getting the girl he wanted
    Speaking of the girl he wanted, who all spoke up for Jean through the moments when "Scott's heart was beating" for Emma?

We know Logan still respected and honored her. I think Rachel had a few words about the situation.

Kitty got a little snarky in Endsong because Scott was in a rush to see Jean dead again.

Who else? Seems like most of the X-Men just kinda accepted the way that whole thing with Emma went down right after Jean was gone.

BANNED

1. The entire X factor apocalypse war

2- Jeen v gladiator

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean destroying Apocalypse's armor with her TK. At the end of the Twelve Saga.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    1. The entire X factor apocalypse war

2- Jeen v gladiator
    I forgot about jeen v gladiator. It was the first time she used her pink form i think.
    The other times were vs galactus and i think at the end of venomized.

But i dont remember her using it more times. I'm missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I forgot about jeen v gladiator. It was the first time she used her pink form i think.
    The other times were vs galactus and i think at the end of venomized.

But i dont remember her using it more times. I'm missing something?
    yes you are. She used it in Generations and Cross Time Capers. Most recently in Venomized

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yes you are. She used it in Generations and Cross Time Capers. Most recently in Venomized
    They had already mentioned Generations(vs Galactus) and Venomized.

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    Aren't Jean and Polaris very good friends? They were both part of the original X-woman trinity (Jean/Storm/Polaris) and if your friend knows you well enough to get you your stripper ideal for your bachelorette party, that friendship is a keeper. I haven't been following Polaris or Blue to comment but that would be shame for their friendship.
    They are old friends that some writers like Alan Davis, Morrison and Austen remembered, and yes their interaction at Lorna’s bachelorette was great. But, by in large the relationship is dead these days and has been for a long time. Two old friends who have political disagreements though honestly I agree with Havok83 could bring back life to their relationship and make it far more popular and interesting then ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They had already mentioned Generations(vs Galactus) and Venomized.
    Well duh. My bad. Dont mind me.....

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, i have been trying to make people talk about something else every few pages but it's always the same thing. I don't understand how people can talk about the same thing so long without getting tired. I'm sick of it.
    The issue for why everyone moves to people around her is because she's been gone for so long, and her return so far has been less than memorable. Once she's back in the rotation for a while, things will clear up, but all people can talk about now are the people that have been around in her absence.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Phoenix putting the M'Kraan Crystal back together.
    The U-Men scene.
    DESTROYING Creed.
    Phoenix fighting and beating that one Galactus Herald.
    X-Factor when she holds up that whole building.
    And/or when she literally carries the roof off of one? Or something? It's been a while.
    Jean and the Celestial.
    Jean and the baby in Red.
    Jean's telepathic moment in Red.
    When Jean pieced Emma back together.
    Jean v Magneto - even if it led to her death.
    Endsong. All of it.
    Jeen v Gladiator.
    Jean v Apocalypse.
    Jean v Galactus.
    Venomized's finale.

I could probably go on, but this list is getting pretty long.

I was thinking and I think that there are two pretty major scenes that I want to see come from Jean. I'd like, if they bring Scott back and try to work in that silly love triangle stuff, for them to give Jean the majority of the agency there. She's the one they're fighting over and it's dumb and ultimately it'd be her decision - and maybe they're arguing and showboating and Jean just has a moment and says that enough is enough and puts the boys in their place.

And also I need to see adult Jean confront Magneto about what happened. They can leave it vague like they continue to do, but as far as Jean knows, Magneto was Xorn. And most people seem to trust him these days - Mystery In Madripoor aside. It'd be nice for Jean to remind him of what "he" did (I choose to believe that Magneto was Xorn, it's the only way it makes sense) and that she'd never trust him.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The issue for why everyone moves to people around her is because she's been gone for so long, and her return so far has been less than memorable. Once she's back in the rotation for a while, things will clear up, but all people can talk about now are the people that have been around in her absence.
    No thats something thats been fairly recent in this thread. It wasnt this bad a few months ago or even when she was dead

BANNED

It is my opinion that, as much as she is nice, Jean Grey must always be simultaneously beautiful and terrifying as well.

This scene has been a favorite for years:

"until there is nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms"

"Don't even think about it or I'll know"

Terrifying.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 07-16-2018 at 07:03 PM.

It is true. When Phoenix Jean goes into full-on fuck you mode, there are VERY few beings in the universe you are more afraid of.

It's the difference in fear for when Jean goes Mama Bear mode versus when Emma does it. For Jean, it's a smoldering ember that suddenly becomes a cosmic scale avalanche... with teeth... that will chase you... UPHILL. Comparatively, you have the icy chill of fear that Emma prefers as a baseline, and when she goes Mama Bear, it turns into a frigid terror that ices your veins.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post
    I remember Whedon saying that Scott and Emma was about falling in love with the wrong person.

He also said they were interesting and potentially beautiful. IIRC, the same interview. He said something like he always felt Superman should fall for the wrong woman. Let's remember Whedon loved Morrison's run.

I am not looking for a dichotomy from Jean. I am not looking for her to be nice, but also terrifying on some level. But then Phoenix was not my favorite Jean. My favorite Jean was later Silver Age Jean, X Factor and 90s Jean. I prefer Jean GOOD.

Favorite moments? So many to list. X MEN 28 with Creed. The end of SEARCH.
    I'll always remember the X FACTOR where Warren had been transformed and Jean refused to fight. She was the only one who would not give up on him. THAT'S Jean. That is how I see Jean.

Havok posted a good one with Colossus. With Jubilee in UNCANNY 303. When I first got on the net there was a Jean website called heart of the x men. I could go on and on. Didn't even mention any of the JOTT centered issues I had really enjoyed.