Page 219 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 1191692092152162172182192202212222232292693197191219 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 28258

Sadly it seems this was about Gwen's book. The interview was conducted before they mentioned the book In the closed doors panel

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

If Tean is leaving the ANXM book, as AXIS seems to imply, than why isn't she getting a solo? Where will she go now?

Can ANXM even survive with both Tyke and Tean missing?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    If Tean is leaving the ANXM book, as AXIS seems to imply, than why isn't she getting a solo? Where will she go now?

Can ANXM even survive with both Tyke and Tean missing?
    She's not leaving...Bendis already said she and Emma were going on an adventure together after all this...and the only way I could possibly see her leaving is if they bring Tyke back first...there's no way the other 3 could carry the book and it looks like X23 is taking off too...but that doesn't mean that Jeen might not appear in other books too.

Incidentally, the only hook I could have seen for a Jeen solo would have been to leave her in Ultimate land for a while (not unlike Tyke going off into space) but it seems almost certain she comes back now...I guess one of the other 3 could decide to stay for a while though.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 10-10-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Really wish she was leaving ANXM and was getting her own solo under a new team. It may have been the only chance she would ever have gotten to actually talking to Rachel and sorting out her life without the chaos either team or school brings with it.

BANNED

Really wish she was leaving ANXM and was getting her own solo under a new team. It may have been the only chance she would ever have gotten to actually talking to Rachel and sorting out her life without the chaos either team or school brings with it.
    ANXM is pretty much Jeen solo, and she can have her solo and be in anxm at the same time

Astonishing Member

I honestly think a Jeen solo "without the chaos either team or school brings with it" would be boring as hell.

No Jeen solo? I can live with that. She's the prime focus of All-New, anyhow, bless her.

Quick jump back to Psylocke and Jean, from Uncanny #242 while Jean was 'head blind'...

This isn't the Psylocke Appreciation thread but I just want to dispel any belief that she isn't a top order telepath. It was her only power for years not counting the occasional precognitive flashes. See Uncanny #225...

She got taken out a bit later by someone with anti-telepathic training, btw. Psylocke, I believe, isn't an omega level telepath like Jean or Rachel but she's certainly a very skilled alpha. Can't remember which issue of X-Men v2. this Jean training Betsy sequence is from...
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-10-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Psylocke, I believe, isn't an omega level telepath like Jean or Rachel but she's certainly a very skilled alpha. Can't remember which issue of X-Men v2. this Jean training Betsy sequence is from...
    I believe it's from v2 #38...it's also the issue where she and Jean bury the hatchet over her going after Scott...SO glad that short hair didn't stick...almost looks like Jubilee stole her costume and padded her bra.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I believe it's from v2 #38...it's also the issue where she and Jean bury the hatchet over her going after Scott...SO glad that short hair didn't stick...almost looks like Jubilee stole her costume and padded her bra.
    LOL! Now that you've given me that visual, I don't think I'll be able to look at this the same way again. I hate how poor Jean's padded up like a hockey goalie/paladin for the training, though.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

A Mystique solo is a wholly reasonable possibility. I guess we'll just have to wait through the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    A Mystique solo is a wholly reasonable possibility. I guess we'll just have to wait through the weekend.
    Please, no. What would she do in it? Secretly marry various rich superheroes?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Please, no. What would she do in it? Secretly marry various rich superheroes?
    No, she'd go around having babies with them...because that seems to be her thing these days.

I think she's just jealous of the Grey/Summers brood.

That's the thing about Raven. With her abilities and powers the writers can put her damn near anywhere with a plausible explanation. It's kind of surprising she doesn't get the solo treatment more often.

BANNED

Look at all these haters. So what if ANXM is basically a Jean solo already, she needs another one to make up for lost time. Can you imagine what a ten year hiatus would have seemed like if we were actually the appropriate age to read this stuff?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Look at all these haters. So what if ANXM is basically a Jean solo already, she needs another one to make up for lost time. Can you imagine what a ten year hiatus would have seemed like if we were actually the appropriate age to read this stuff?
    As much as I love the character, I honestly don't see a true Jeen solo being interesting...something like All New is the best dynamic for her.