Page 220 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 1201702102162172182192202212222232242302703207201220 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 28258
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Look at all these haters. So what if ANXM is basically a Jean solo already, she needs another one to make up for lost time. Can you imagine what a ten year hiatus would have seemed like if we were actually the appropriate age to read this stuff?
    I don't mind ANXM being a Jeen solo, in fact that is pretty much the reason I got interested in the book in first place, I'd dig a jeen solo but It'd need a good story

You can give anyone a solo with a justified premise. Storm is three issues in to hers and still hasn't found a plot other than her needing to get out of mutant town once in a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    You can give anyone a solo with a justified premise. Storm is three issues in to hers and still hasn't found a plot other than her needing to get out of mutant town once in a while.
    Well thanks the last sales gimmick (wolverine's death) she can cry for 3 full more issues while boosting sales and remembering how awesome wolverine was (yeah, right. . .).
    Some premises for a jean grey solo would be:
    -Getting to know the remaining members of her family such as Rachel, mainly reachel and hopefully rachel since she seems more rejected than X man these days
    -Research about the phoenix
    -A mini about her fighting Madelye prior and getting more power upgrades than an anime

Can't think of any more premises, but as you said, solos don't need premises, haven't found any in nightcrawler or storm's and I'll buy the trades if anything interesting happens, but tbh i'd buy jeen solo cos I like the character

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    As much as I love the character, I honestly don't see a true Jeen solo being interesting...something like All New is the best dynamic for her.
    ANXM has no real story of its own, it's just a bunch of idiots standing around on the front lawn having long winded conversations about nothing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Well thanks the last sales gimmick (wolverine's death) she can cry for 3 full more issues while boosting sales and remembering how awesome wolverine was (yeah, right. . .).
    Some premises for a jean grey solo would be:
    -Getting to know the remaining members of her family such as Rachel, mainly reachel and hopefully rachel since she seems more rejected than X man these days
    -Research about the phoenix
    -A mini about her fighting Madelye prior and getting more power upgrades than an anime

Can't think of any more premises, but as you said, solos don't need premises, haven't found any in nightcrawler or storm's and I'll buy the trades if anything interesting happens, but tbh i'd buy jeen solo cos I like the character
    Most of those premises sound like they'd be more interesting with the team around...or at least Tyke...he's due a few awkward scenes with Rachel and Maddie too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    ANXM has no real story of its own, it's just a bunch of idiots standing around on the front lawn having long winded conversations about nothing.
    The story is about them interacting with the present and dealing with their own futures...and I think it does this pretty well...though I could always do without the standard Bendis decompression.

Jeen has spent most of her time avoiding her future self's... everything. It's that 'everything' that would be required to make a solo interesting to me. Unless Jeen decides to go off and have wacky adventures with her own newly-created Scooby Gang, I'm not sure what could be done with her that fits with the 'I want nothing to do with my future' stance she's taken. Jeen randomly walking around the nearest town to the NXS, solving crimes, partying and pulling out guys' nipple rin... Oh, sorry. Got a bit of X-23 in there.

I'd love to hear a plausible and good scenario for a Jeen solo that doesn't involve her connecting with her future/legacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

What exactly is she supposed to face about her future self? Clones created without her say? Children she never technically had?

Astonishing Member

What exactly is she supposed to face about her future self? Clones created without her say? Children she never technically had?
    They are obvious encounters that should come with the premise of bringing her to the present.

Finding out that her 'original' future wasn't as horrible as Beast intentionally made it seem, perhaps.
    somacula gave some interesting ideas.
    As for Jeen doing her own thing... Maybe Jeen can go around learning different psychic tricks from various psionics but that would still put her into contact with people who knew her future self. Perhaps the direction of the solo would be that you can't escape your legacy, only embrace it.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm thinking Jean is only interested in living past 30. Everthing else is probably inconsequential to her.

BANNED

I'm thinking Jean is only interested in living past 30. Everthing else is probably inconsequential to her.
    She could pick up psychic vapirism from selene, that way she could live more tahn 30 years.That'd make a good premise for a bok, jean trying to avoid her own death by reaching inmortality thorugh her powers, if nate grey did it she could give that a try

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    She could pick up psychic vapirism from selene, that way she could live more tahn 30 years.That'd make a good premise for a bok, jean trying to avoid her own death by reaching inmortality thorugh her powers, if nate grey did it she could give that a try
    Then Jeen becomes the Red Queen! Oh, dear.

BANNED

At this point it would be good to show that Jean has a life outside of the X-Men as well. Being a mutant isn't really an issue for her, she should be out and about going new places, meeting new people, falling in love, and such. Instead she's cooped up in the school all day being lectured on how to behave by a bunch of people who are hardly pillars of moral conduct themselves.