Page 264 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 1642142542602612622632642652662672682743143647641264 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 28258

Jean got owned throughout the rest of #243 and the following X-Factor issue, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

And what no other X-Men has never done : Questioning Xavier... (X-men #28)

(Fearless leader is hiding his head in his hands in that first panel ?)

Oh, leave Cyclops alone. It's early and the situation is stressful. Besides, that was Jean's issue to shine.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Jean got owned throughout the rest of #243 and the following X-Factor issue, though.
    They all got by Sinister except for Longshot that avoided the explosion. It's just that Sinister was only interested in Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    (Fearless leader is hiding his head in his hands in that first panel ?)
    Well it was 3 in the morning. Guy just wanted to be in bed. He was up supporting Jean as addressing the Professor was pretty much her idea.

They all got by Sinister except for Longshot that avoided the explosion. It's just that Sinister was only interested in Jean
    Then in the next X-Factor issue Jean was knocked unconscious at least three times. I just shook my head during that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Well it was 3 in the morning. Guy just wanted to be in bed. He was up supporting Jean as addressing the Professor was pretty much her idea.
    Ditto. Jean was all fire and emotion while Scott was being... conservative yet supportive.

Speaking of our Fearless Leader, I find this one hilarious : Someone must be a great fan of Boris Vallejo. But it's the girl carrying and kissing the guy... (UXM #296)

Ahh... all those fond memories of Heroic Fantasy/SF books covers from the 70'-80'...

Speaking of our Fearless Leader, I find this one hilarious : Someone must be a great fan of Boris Vallejo. But it's the girl carrying and kissing the guy... (UXM #296)

Ahh... all those fond memories of Heroic Fantasy/SF books covers from the 70'-80'...
    *sniff* The love! *sob*

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Ditto. Jean was all fire and emotion while Scott was being... conservative yet supportive.
    Actually, Scott was on Xavier's side. Until he realized that it was 3am and if he didn't wanted to sleep alone... then he became supportive... lol (jk)

For the X-Men it was a worrisome debate. They had made a habit of bringing in loose cannons and turning them around like Logan, Rogue, and Magneto to an extent. Charles' idealistically thought he could do the same with Sabertooth and get him to learn to curb his animalistic urges like Logan did. Jean was staunchly against this because she knew better than just about anybody that Logan and Creed were very different people. And as she pointed out Charles trying to reform one of their most savage enemies, even though it flew in the face of common sense, was likely him overcompensating in the other direction after his recent questionable actions when he stole from the government and mindfragged Eric. And, as was later proven, Jean was right about it all as Creed manipulated Tabitha to let him out of his prison and then he mauled Betsy before he escaped entirely.

Yes but it was not just about Sabretooth. It was about how Xavier changed during "Fatal Attractions" (and even before in X-Cutioner's song with Colossus) and the actions he took. Most X-Men just went along with his decisions. Some had doubts or didn't fully agree but Jean was the only one to openly question him and tell him that she didn't think he was right.

The road to Onslaught was a long one, but I think his failure with Sabertooth was one considered one of the final straws as it wasn't long after that that the Onslaught mess came full force.

And I don't recall but I think some other X-Men did voice their disapproval. When Professor X asked Storm to steal the plans from the government (I forget what exactly they were for) he also ordered her to destroy the originals. Storm got the plans like he asked, but she left a copy with the humans, saying she believed they deserved the right to defend themselves. She gave Charles the information she stole, but also made it clear that she would not steal for him again.

Astonishing Member

Well, to be fair, we pretty much get the reverse of this scene in the next part of the story (I think) where they bust out on the moon (not knowing they're on the moon) and are suffocating and Scott carries Jean after she passes out and he kisses her (or gives her his last breath, depending on your interpretation) before he fades out too...these two were the center of so many of the big x-stories I lost count.

But those costumes sure did suck.

That's the way a superhero couple should work in the rescue department. I save you today, you save me tomorrow, ect, ect.
    Dark does not mean deep.