Page 265 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 1652152552612622632642652662672682692753153657651265 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    But those costumes sure did suck.
    Scott's was alright, in the "I'm not known for my outfits anyways" sort of look. It fits his personality.

For me it was funnier how 90's artists routinely forgot that his nickname was "Slim".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Scott's was alright, in the "I'm not known for my outfits anyways" sort of look. It fits his personality.

For me it was funnier how 90's artists routinely forgot that his nickname was "Slim".
    Very true...I always liked these costumes they only wore for only for one issue... much better designs.

61FtRgc+6ZL.jpg

BANNED

Very true...I always liked these costumes they only wore for only for one issue... much better designs.

61FtRgc+6ZL.jpg
    I strongly disagree. They are BOTH awful. lol

Jim Lee's design for Jean was way better than Potracio's (what she ended up in) and what we have here for the Sunset Grace issue. Maybe if Jean's wasn't asymmetrical, it wouldn't be so bad. She had one leg with thigh highs and the other with cuff boots. NO NO NO

No. Just... No.
    sunset.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    No. Just... No.
    sunset.jpg
    It would look nice if it was symmetrical. But the whole mish mash of both sides was awful. I prefer the side with the thigh highs.

No. Just... No.
    sunset.jpg
    Agreed, that's awfull! lol
    Some artists can design nice asymetrical costumes... that's not one of them.

BANNED

The X-Female Trinity: Jean, Rogue and Storm!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    It would look nice if it was symmetrical. But the whole mish mash of both sides was awful. I prefer the side with the thigh highs.
    I didn't say it was perfect...but I do think it was better than what she wore through most of the 90s...and I just generally liked the art in that issue...though I haven't read it in about 15 years and admittedly it's not as good as I remembered. It looks better on the cover where you can't see all of it.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 10-28-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZehnWaters View Post
    I'm curious then, who does everything think Jean should be with if Scott and Logan are excluded (not that she HAS to be with anyone but pairing up people is fun sometimes).
    Fuck -I don't see her having sexual chemistry with any of the X-Men. Maybe Hawkeye for no strings fun. Or Cap because she finds heroism hot.
    Kill - Gladiator
    Marry - Been there, done that.

That may well be true...I don't like it but I've accepted it...I'd say there's at least a small possibility the Emma side of it might still drop off at some point but the movies have made it a virtual impossibility that the Scott/Jean/Wolverine triangle will EVER really go away...of course, the degree to which the triangles come back is certainly subject to change...and the teen versions (which we have primarily been talking about) are so far immune the traditional triangles so it doesn't necessarily apply to them at all...we all know they won't be around forever but that's neither here nor there.
    That said, their relationship is most likely toast when it comes to the adult versions but, as a long time fan of both characters, it would be nice if at least the teens could work it out...and if we can get a new spin on it in the process and a slow build, I'm all for it...I thought X-Men Evolution did a good job handling this.
    At least you're consistent with your logic if you believe that the triangles will never die even if it's tied to the sinking Jott ship. Also, the adult versions as toast means the teen versions eventually have no hope either because they're the same thing.

I'll just leave these here...
    Attachment 12107
    Attachment 12108
    Attachment 12109
    I love Neal Adams' work on the X-Men in those early issues. His run was underrated by Marvel because he was quickly replaced with Claremont and the ANAD team but sales had gone up while he was working on the title already. The lag in sales data at the time was the reason why Marvel didn't realize the impact he had.

61FtRgc+6ZL.jpg
    This is the most awful outfit she's ever worn surpassed only by the pink/red exercise outfit she wore to play baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    The X-Female Trinity: Jean, Rogue and Storm!

Oh Anime and your master ability to make shows look 1000 times more awesome than they actually are. Not only did it make her look much stronger than the series ever did, it ditched the lame pony tail. I wonder if Japanese viewers were confused by the inconsistency...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZehnWaters View Post
    I'm curious then, who does everything think Jean should be with if Scott and Logan are excluded (not that she HAS to be with anyone but pairing up people is fun sometimes).
    ZehnWaters, for the life of me... I don't believe I've ever witness you miss type a word within one of your post and we've be down for several years
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-28-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    At least you're consistent with your logic if you believe that the triangles will never die even if it's tied to the sinking Jott ship. Also, the adult versions as toast means the teen versions eventually have no hope either because they're the same thing.
    That really depends on how Bendis ends this...he's clearly developing them in different ways...we'll just have to see how it goes.

But, yeah, i don't believe the triangles will ever completely go away with the adult versions...even they did a reboot (and I don't think they will), I think it would creep back in.

I love Neal Adams' work on the X-Men in those early issues. His run was underrated by Marvel because he was quickly replaced with Claremont and the ANAD team but sales had gone up while he was working on the title already. The lag in sales data at the time was the reason why Marvel didn't realize the impact he had.
    Yeah, that run was great...can't help but wonder what would have happened if Marvel had caught on to the increased sales in time for it to matter.

This is the most awful outfit she's ever worn surpassed only by the pink/red exercise outfit she wore to play baseball.
    It's not as good as I remembered, seeing the whole costume...but I still think it's better than that bland costume she wore through the early 90s...and it's definitely better than that hideous thing she wore in early X-Factor that covered her head but had the hair hanging out the back...if only it didn't have that stupid boot...either way, the art on that issue was great.

havent been around much but anyone saw this?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/...-may-or-april/

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Talking costumes I'm partial to the jim lee outfit for the gold team era
    X-Men Forever

Bleedingcool reports the Jean solo is still on it's way. Maybe an April or May launch and it's being done by one of the Logan Legacy creators. So what writers are from the Logan Legacy books?

The premise I'd like to see is maybe the black vortex makes everything go crazy and young jean finds out she has an opportunity to bring her older self back and goes on a journey to collect her pieces. A long shot but art by Mike Choi/Sonia Oback

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/...-may-or-april/

fan created promo