Page 5 of 1884 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I don't see real Jean coming back. Bendis has been pointing out how Jeen is "better".

Hank pointed out that her tk powers were better than real Jean's (The issue right before BOTA, with the byke)
    Scott mentioned how she's a better kisser (During BOTA, Scott and Old Jeen kissed)
    Now she has brand new powers.

I don't see the X-Office bringing her back, now that they have this "new and improved" version.

I would say "flexible" instead of "new and improved".

Ultimate Member

I don't have a pic of it but imho Churchill did draw Jean very well , now if only they'd bring the real Jean back...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    This thread has to have this, yes?

I'll be in my bunk.
    her throne looks like it has Kitty in the lower left and Emma as her backrest support.

Quote Originally Posted by jdtennesse View Post
    I would love to see Jean alove again. Why did Morrison have to kill her off anyway? I'm not a fan of Jeen, even though she is different form our Jean, she still has her name and history to live up to. And she never will. Long live Jean Grey!
    Because he wanted to do his own version of stories that everyone has seen many times like Magneto as the big bad, Jean dying and dystopian future story.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    That's gonna happen regardless as long as the current mentality in place. Literally every female in Uncanny/All-New fawns over Scott. It's past being lame and is just weird now. All-New #26 was so creepy.

At least with Adult Jean they couldn't pretend the Morrison run didn't happen.
    Nowadays Marvel pretends that nothing happened after DPS and that Jean's been dead ever since that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post
    She needs to return and Marvel needs to stop the BS.
    I know plenty of other Jean fans share your sentiment. And I would love to see her return as well. However, I don't see that happening anytime soon. All New X-men is the top selling X-men comic right now. Bendis is taking the long road with O5 Jean Grey. He's focusing on a version of Jean Grey not tied to the same stories of the past and he's making it sell. So long as that continues, Marvel has no reason to bring adult Jean back. Before All New X-men, Marvel used Emma Frost as an excuse to keep Jean dead. I think they didn't want to bring her back because they were too fond of her being with Cyclops. Now that's over. But now they have an even better excuse not to bring her back. They have a new developing Jean Grey to work with and so long as she keeps selling, they're not going to bring in another to mess it up.

That said, I think there is a possibility (albeit remote) that the end of Bendis's run or the O5 returning to the past will somehow lead to Jean's return. All New X-men has proven, among other things, that Jean Grey can help sell comics. Her story and her passion resonates with a lot of X-men fans. Keeping her dead simply doesn't make good business sense. Now given how long Bendis's run on Avengers lasted, I think it's safe to assume that O5 Jean's story will continue for a few more years. But when the time does come, it may trigger or at least set up her return. I hope it does, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Marvel has found too many excuses to keep her dead. I don't doubt they can come up with more once All New X-men is over.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't have a pic of it but imho Churchill did draw Jean very well , now if only they'd bring the real Jean back...
    You mean this one?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That said, I think there is a possibility (albeit remote) that the end of Bendis's run or the O5 returning to the past will somehow lead to Jean's return. All New X-men has proven, among other things, that Jean Grey can help sell comics. Her story and her passion resonates with a lot of X-men fans. Keeping her dead simply doesn't make good business sense. Now given how long Bendis's run on Avengers lasted, I think it's safe to assume that O5 Jean's story will continue for a few more years. But when the time does come, it may trigger or at least set up her return. I hope it does, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Marvel has found too many excuses to keep her dead. I don't doubt they can come up with more once All New X-men is over.
    I do wonder about this sometimes. If Bendis is around for the long haul and his 05 does lead to the original Jean returning, would the effect have worn off by then? Part of the success of ANX is the freak factor of having a version of Jean around again, and that stems from the fact that the original was/has been gone for so long.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 05-01-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well yeah that's one of them, the interior art of her is good as well...and honestly I bought two copies of that issue...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Damn straight. And I like your font color, Ethereal Stormultt.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Truth! Teen Jean is growing on me, but the real Jean needs to return.
    I'm trying not to get too attached to her, like is Marvel really serious? ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I Want the Original Jean to Return Back SO MUCH to Ethereal Stormultt, her Return ALONE Would an Event Comic In-and-of-itself, Period!

I want to see her come back and also become BFF's with Wanda!

I'd love for Jean to reunite with her friends.
    I'll never forget the hate I had for Marvel by the end of endsong.

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    I like Jeen and everything, and its fun, but there are a lot of concerns.
    1) Will Jeen venture too far off path and not resemble the character we liked in the first place?
    2) Do we really want to be watching her as a teenager for the next 10 years considering how slow marvel time is? Id rather she be a vet, and not some child in constant need of assistance.
    3) As much as im grateful for getting some sort of Jean material, I still want the original more than a spinoff version. It just doesn't feel quite the same.

Sadly, as I mentioned in this thread before the wipe, I dont think we are going to get her back (at least until marvel feels a need to drastically shake things up 10+ years down the road). Being the closest thing to a main character in the series (in other words, lots of character development/story time that they wont want to throw out the window), plus Bendis' comments about trying to build continuity and keep it, I think Jeens here for good.
    Imo, this is the perfect time to bring her back and no I don't want Phoenix-less Jean.
    Leave White Crown in the white hot room, Jean has a school that she should come back and look over, be apart of its growth.
    Return her as Jean Grey, green costume, powerful but not too powerful, they can write her as they SHOULD write Storm.
    Humanity ruling over her power levels as it does 'ro, knowing when to cut loose and when to simmer down.
    If it's anyone besides Storm who has a straight head on and can do some leading, It's Jean imo.
    Storm will be there beside her to help along with Logan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I know plenty of other Jean fans share your sentiment. And I would love to see her return as well. However, I don't see that happening anytime soon. All New X-men is the top selling X-men comic right now. Bendis is taking the long road with O5 Jean Grey. He's focusing on a version of Jean Grey not tied to the same stories of the past and he's making it sell. So long as that continues, Marvel has no reason to bring adult Jean back. Before All New X-men, Marvel used Emma Frost as an excuse to keep Jean dead. I think they didn't want to bring her back because they were too fond of her being with Cyclops. Now that's over. But now they have an even better excuse not to bring her back. They have a new developing Jean Grey to work with and so long as she keeps selling, they're not going to bring in another to mess it up.

I just don't see the point of 'Jeen'.
    Maybe it's just for this story arc or whatever but I'll take what I can get for now.
    It just doesn't make sense to me as does 99% of anything that Marvel does these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post
    I just don't see the point of 'Jeen'.
    Maybe it's just for this story arc or whatever but I'll take what I can get for now.
    Practically the Jean fan credo.

On the bright side, "Jean" hasn't had this much focus in the comics in a LONG time.

BANNED

I am kind of sick of Jean having to pay for others mistakes and stupidity. Jean, Storm and Xavier should be the three main leaders of the X-men.

o

BANNED

Scemma would have been interesting had Jean still been alive. Since she is dead, it only emphasized dramatically Emma's second best Cubic Zirconia arm candy being that she is.
    Last edited by DDD; 05-01-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    You mean this one?
    What issue is that, anyway? Don't think I've found that while digging through Unlimited yet.

Anyway, I'm enjoying Teen Jean. I don't think it's wrong to hope that the eventual goal of All-New is to set up the adult Jean's return, though. It's basically the way I've been reading the book since I started... so I'm a little biased, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I am kind of sick of Jean having to pay for others mistakes and stupidity. Jean, Storm and Xavier should be the three main leaders of the X-men.

o
    Unfortunately, of that trinity 1/3 is currently missing his brain and another has ascended to a new plane of existence, regardless of what canon you follow.

Here's hoping Storm's solo goes like gangbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Scemma would have been interesting had Jean still been alive. Since she is dead, it only emphasized dramatically Emma's second best Cubic Zirconia arm candy being that she is.
    I never had a problem with Scemma by itself. As far as those two were concerned if Jean's influence was needed it was because Scott needed someone to balance him out in terms of the greater X-Men leadership since that wasn't really Emma's thing. After Jean was gone and Xavier left for Genosha, Scott was the undisputed grand poobah of the X-Men. Jean was the perfect foil for Scott, but with her gone Marvel had no one step in to fill the role. Storm could have but Marvel had other ideas for her, so eventually it turned out to be Logan. That's not unheard of really, but from my admittedly biased perspective Jean would have been so much more interesting in that role.

Scott and Logan's "Schism" may have made some sense but to longterm fans it was largely a punchline. But if the Schism had been between Scott and Jean if she had been around? I imagine any longterm X-fan would have wanted to read that whether you cared about the two of them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriena View Post
    What issue is that, anyway? Don't think I've found that while digging through Unlimited yet.
    It was Uncanny 394 actually. Churchill's Jean Grey was something.