Page 501 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 40145149149749849950050150250350450551155160110011501 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I'm not sure, but I thought she was, especially if she's taking up the Wolverine mantle. I'm not a big fan of Legacy Names. I think it works with some characters like Captain America and Thor, but I don't think Wolverine is one of them. But if anyone is entitled to the name Laura is.
    Ya, Marvel has made it well known the characters on the promotional material is what they are pushing post SW. Its the most likely scenario, but you never know if it just means headlining a group book.

I dislike Legacy names because of the dishonesty with it. It wants to push something new, but borrows from wider known properties to get eyes on it. Laura is never going to be "the" Wolverine. It will always be "the other wolverine" "fem wolverine" "x-23" or "Laura". I prefer when characters are focused on themselves, and not spring-boarding off of something else. Now of course money talks, and it can be effective for pushing something forward (albeit potentially trapping them at the same time), so disapproval means very little.

Anything that gets her away from being identified by the codename X-23 has a chance to be good. In story it was meant to dehumanize, but the fans seem unable to accept anything else.
    To be fair, the audience isn't using it in a discriminatory fashion, or trying to directly offend a comic character with it. They just latch on to the most identifiable, widely accepted, or recognizable name to call something. Considering the generic of "Laura" (not to mention rarely if ever referred to with a last name), the options are pretty limited. Sadly its not going to get much better. She may be referred to as Wolverine in universe, but in a wider discussion there will always need to be an attached term to differentiate herself from Logan.

Way too busy and cartoony.
    Storm actually looks pretty good. Laura ain't bad. The rest are too busy as you say.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    The sad thing is the clues might all be about Wolverine, since Old Man logan has a trenchoat which I guess they could had meant as Cape, he has Grey hair, has Adamantium and is known for using the color yellow on his costumes.

Just sucks when they use this type of clues when there's someone obviously linked to them, ie: Back when they did the RESURRECTION teaser with a font in flames. And it was about Madelyne/Selene for that first arc of xmen. When they mentioned the next female solo book would be someone of cosmical popularity and they meant gamora.... it's like they do it on porpoise lol
    After all of that hype they never got around to actually publishing that Gamora series, most likely it's been quietly shelved and there's no point in putting it out now since all the buzz from the movie has long since died down.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    After all of that hype they never got around to actually publishing that Gamora series, most likely it's been quietly shelved and there's no point in putting it out now since all the buzz from the movie has long since died down.
    They'll probably save it for the next Guardians movie by which time the nonsensical hype over Groot and Rocket and Star-Lord will have died down.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    They'll probably save it for the next Guardians movie by which time the nonsensical hype over Groot and Rocket and Star-Lord will have died down.
    That movie doesn't come out for another two years and there's no way that Marvel set its publishing plans that far ahead. In any event I don't see what the big deal is with Gamora anyway, she's just the token girl of that team. She dresses in skimpy costumes, has a bad attitude, and kills people. Whatever bro.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    That movie doesn't come out for another two years and there's no way that Marvel set its publishing plans that far ahead. In any event I don't see what the big deal is with Gamora anyway, she's just the token girl of that team. She dresses in skimpy costumes, has a bad attitude, and kills people. Whatever bro.
    It makes sense to me that Marvel/Disney would have a strategy in place to milk their IP across multiple platforms. Once they've milked Groot and Star-Lord and Rocket dry from the first movie, they'll milk Gamora and Drax dry from the second. Or maybe they'll link in with the Guardians cartoon.

Remember also that Marvel says Secret Wars was in the works since 3 years ago. They definitely think medium to long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It makes sense to me that Marvel/Disney would have a strategy in place to milk their IP across multiple platforms. Once they've milked Groot and Star-Lord and Rocket dry from the first movie, they'll milk Gamora and Drax dry from the second. Or maybe they'll link in with the Guardians cartoon.

Remember also that Marvel says Secret Wars was in the works since 3 years ago. They definitely think medium to long term.
    Marvel wants us to think that they're that slick and sophisticated, but for the most part they just throw **** against a wall and see what sticks, which most of the time isn't much. They've tried just about everything they can to try and leech off the movies' popularity but nothing they've done has really worked. Their only reliable strategy at this point is to flood the market with #1's and pressure retailers to over order them with variant covers and other incentive schemes, far more than they can actually sell meaning that most of those books never get read by anyone. A huge chunk of their recent sales come from the Star Wars comics, and Marvel can hardly take credit for that.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm wondering it theirs gonna be more teasers. Or maybe we will have to wait till SDCC. One thing so far I'm glad for i, no promos of teen Jean. I'm hoping that adult Jean is resurrected. It's a long shot but that's what I want. Jean back and on the x-men single powerful and awesome. Without the phoenix
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I'm wondering it theirs gonna be more teasers. Or maybe we will have to wait till SDCC. One thing so far I'm glad for i, no promos of teen Jean. I'm hoping that adult Jean is resurrected. It's a long shot but that's what I want. Jean back and on the x-men single powerful and awesome. Without the phoenix
    So far only x-23 and wolverine have been in promos. I hear Marvel won't be at SDCC (not on panels anyways). I have a feeling Marvel won't be promoting the x-men like they once did. Just look at Marvel's 2015 poster (no X-men or FF4 appears)

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Bendis more or less confirmed that the O5 will still be there after Secret Wars. If the "Grey" hint, in the interview, is about Jean, it will most probably be about Jeen and not her adult-self.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    So far only x-23 and wolverine have been in promos. I hear Marvel won't be at SDCC (not on panels anyways). I have a feeling Marvel won't be promoting the x-men like they once did. Just look at Marvel's 2015 poster (no X-men or FF4 appears)
    Ya, they aren't going to be promoting much. X-books make money, so they aren't going to ignore them or something, but when it comes to limited column space and needing a focused message, they aren't going to push x-men. They will push things with a bigger payoff.

The only promotion you will really see are things like Laura/Logan. Much smaller representation than the X-men brand should realistically have in relation to its prominence. It being done primarily to say "hey look, were good guys, we like X-men, Marvel is nice".

In short, any x-promotion you see is not for the sake of the x-men. Its for the sake of Marvel as a whole. To piss off people who love x-men is to piss off a portion of your readerbase. Make them jump ship, and they certainly aren't going to check out anything else being peddled. Thus they need to balance scales. Don't irritate the fanbase, but try to push properties that will provide more income for the investment.

Can someone find bigger resolutions of these panels please.

Jean needs to be more than just wallpaper in this book. Let's start asking Marvel this instead of her return for the moment. Maybe they will be more open to her being a lead on A-force.

http://marvel.com/cards/144/coloring...ura_martin/all

BANNED

Can someone find bigger resolutions of these panels please.

Jean needs to be more than just wallpaper in this book. Let's start asking Marvel this instead of her return for the moment. Maybe they will be more open to her being a lead on A-force.

http://marvel.com/cards/144/coloring...ura_martin/all
    I'm gonna put it this way, they have spectrum (Monica Rambeau) , Phoenix (Jean grey) and Loki (Master of magic) in the same island and they somehow send Miss america chavez (Average flying brick) and nico (one trick pony) minoru to deal with a giant shark. Spectrum is a planet buster that can move at lightspeed, Phoenix is a sun buster reality warper matter manipulator with fast ms, and loki can teleport herself and stuff or turn the giant shark into a toad and they send some of their weakest members to deal with the giant shark? According to that logic don't expect to see a lot of jean in that book, I liked it but having stron members and don't using them makes no sense

I wait for the inevitable female battle royal. Someone is controlling the female heroes and somehow She Hulk, Dazzler, Nico, Spectrum and Medusa break free. They haft to fight their way threw to gain control. Look at the Justice League Unlimited episode where all the female members are mind controlled into fighting. Jean is Wonder Woman

BANNED

I wait for the inevitable female battle royal. Someone is controlling the female heroes and somehow She Hulk, Dazzler, Nico, Spectrum and Medusa break free. They haft to fight their way threw to gain control. Look at the Justice League Unlimited episode where all the female members are mind controlled into fighting. Jean is Wonder Woman
    It's loki for sure, and spectrum would one shot Jean since mind controlled characters don't use their powers at their full, plus phoenix it's kind of a glass canon, controlling spectrum on the other side, and without phoenix around to break the mind control would make an interesting battle

The fight you mentioned was truly awesome, missing JLU